Thread: Tinker Class

Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    explanation? sure

Teriz you do not work for blizzard nor do you have a clue on what blizzard is going to add next. Your OPINIONS which you seem to confuse for fact mean very little toward what blizzard will and will not do. GC own words on the tinker was MAYBE someday.
    The only thing I ever take from Teriz posts, is not what he says IS going to happen, but what he thinks would make the most sense if he were the developer. Am I totally off here? I thought that was always what he intended to convey through them. I've never see him outright claim that what he says is the definitive be all and end all.

Edit: Perhaps he could do a better job of wording it that way, but I still think that's what he means, I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again pre mop Blizzard avoided answering the mop trademark in fact they said They trademark alot of things. When people said the next class was monk quite a few people on these forums said blizzard would never add monk in to the game.

Blizzard tends to avoid answering stuff that they are developing.
    Remember when Tom Chilton said that the idea of an expansion featuring Pandas was massively overhyped, and that they only use Pandas for comics and toys?

Speculation swirled recently regarding Blizzard's decision to trademark "Mists of Pandaria," as many thought it may indicate the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion. Pandaria, in Warcraft lore, refers to the home of the Pandaren, basically humanoid war pandas you may remember making an appearance as neutral heroes in Warcraft III. Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

Two months later, MoP was announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also his remarks about demon hunters
    Originally Posted by ghostcrawler

Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    and Support class
    Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    Yes, but it would be a big change. Another challenge for the blogs and forums out there to discuss.
    seem more promising than maybe someday

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Remember when Tom Chilton said that the idea of an expansion featuring Pandas was massively overhyped, and that they only use Pandas for comics and toys?

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

Two months later, MoP was announced.
    Key words

Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that.
    But its funny you screamed DH were not coming because of the Tweet by GC but for some reason you still think Tinkers are. Hell he avoid answering the DH qustion you should be familiar with avoiding questions and debates but he said maybe someday with Tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    The only thing I ever take from Teriz posts, is not what he says IS going to happen, but what he thinks would make the most sense if he were the developer. Am I totally off here? I thought that was always what he intended to convey through them. I've never see him outright claim that what he says is the definitive be all and end all.

Edit: Perhaps he could do a better job of wording it that way, but I still think that's what he means, I could be wrong.
    From what I seen in his nine tinker threads is that his opinion is fact tinkers are next DH are never coming. No matter what anyone says Tinkers are next.

So hey Teriz How about this? IF they Announce Tinkers as the next playable class at 2013 blizz con I will never ever come to these forums again and If they do not Announce Tinkers at 2013 blizz con than you never ever come to these forums?

Deal? I mean your so sure of it what do you got to lose?

10+ Year Old Account
    But its funny you screamed DH were not coming because of the Tweet by GC but for some reason you still think Tinkers are. Hell he avoid answering the DH qustion you should be familiar with avoiding questions and debates but he said maybe someday with Tinkers.
    You're really clueless. In terms of class design, a lack of design space means "no". So when GC asked the rhetorical question, he was saying "no Demon Hunters".

You're not going to have two classes with the same set of abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're really clueless. In terms of class design, a lack of design space means "no". So when GC asked the rhetorical question, he was saying "no Demon Hunters".

You're not going to have two classes with the same set of abilities.

Tell me more about your inside knowledge at blizzard, since your a blizzard dev. Oh that's right your not.

You are aware he said
    "Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?" he never said there was a lack of design space, in fact he avoid answering the question and answered it with a question.

No two classes in wow have the same set of abilities your right. they will not give DH demon forum or will rework it to make it differnt than the locks version.

Anyways as I said before IF they Announce Tinkers as the next playable class at 2013 blizz con I will never ever come to these forums again and If they do not Announce Tinkers at 2013 blizz con than you never ever come to these forums?

- - - Updated - - -

I am really, really looking forward to Blizzcon this year, mainly just to get the facts out in the open so alot of these debates can be finally put to rest, not just classes, but all this Dark Below nonsense as well as finally getting an answer on the Burning Legion.
    Same...I can not wait till Blizzcon, I got a feeling some tinkerbell is going try to find a huge hole to hide in before people make him eat every once of bullshit is put fourth on these forums.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-16 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

No, you got it right. If it makes sense, I support it.

It's pretty obvious that they don't. Demon Hunters are absorbed into Warlocks. Rangers are Hunters. Dragonsworn are simply various heroes who swear to dragons.

Tinkers? No such issue.
    Its pretty obvious that youre an idiot. No theyre not, rangers are different than hunters, and dragonsworn have the aspect powers. And you left out timewalkers why?

- - - Updated - - -

No, hes saying he knows tinkers are next, and it will be the next and final class. Thats what is going to happen. And hes not the developer, so he doesnt have any credibility. Hes just some loony on a fan website.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you got it right. If it makes sense, I support it.
    And youre delusional. Everyone knows how you work.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Its pretty obvious that youre an idiot. No theyre not, rangers are different than hunters, and dragonsworn have the aspect powers. And you left out timewalkers why?
    Rofl I missed that...hell he was auguring with me earlier in the thread that Beast masters are not mixed in to Hunters. He thinks warlocks are Demon hunter because of two spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty obvious that youre an idiot. No theyre not, rangers are different than hunters,
    How exactly are they different than Hunters?

and dragonsworn have the aspect powers. And you left out timewalkers why?
    Because Timewalkers are also Dragonsworn. Dragonsworn also have significant overlap with Druids and Mages. In fact, Druids are servants of Ysera.

Aren't DK's warlocks too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Aren't DK's warlocks too?

shadow priest are warlocks too!!!!

How exactly are they different than Hunters?

Because Timewalkers are also Dragonsworn. Dragonsworn also have significant overlap with Druids and Mages. In fact, Druids are servants of Ysera.
    They dont need to use green. There can be the other four aspects as well. So I think the dragonsworn concept is broader then tinkers. And rangers havnt been made. So they could be another ranged physical class. Blizzard could make them different than hunters, mainly more magic damage. Elemental charged attacks.
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-09-16 at 03:46 AM.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont need to use green. There can be the other four aspects as well. So I think the dragonsworn concept is broader then tinkers. And rangers havnt been made. So they could be another ranged physical class. Blizzard could make them different than hunters.
    Rangers are a petless class totally different from Hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    They dont need to use green. There can be the other four aspects as well. So I think the dragonsworn concept is broader then tinkers. And rangers havnt been made. So they could be another ranged physical class. Blizzard could make them different than hunters, mainly more magic damage. Elemental charged attacks.
    They couldn't use Black or Blue either, since Blue is essentially Mages, and Wrathion is the only Black dragon left.

The entire concept is a mess.

As for Rangers, there's no INT based bows in the game. Also Hunters already use magical arrows. In the end, if you remove the Pet requirement from Marksmanship, you got a Ranger. That's how close those concepts are. With the upcoming Hunter revamp, there's a good chance that you're going to see a more Ranger style stuff in the near future.

So last night I leveled engineering, I had to buy a reagent from the ENG vendor to continue to level....we will get back to that in a moment....

You know who buys climbing kits? Climbers.
    You who buys surgeon kits? Surgeons.

So any way last night while I was leveling my warrior's Engineering skill I had to buy Tinkerer's kits.

You know who buys Tinkerers kits?

They couldn't use Black or Blue either, since Blue is essentially Mages, and Wrathion is the only Black dragon left.

The entire concept is a mess.

As for Rangers, there's no INT based bows in the game. Also Hunters already use magical arrows. In the end, if you remove the Pet requirement from Marksmanship, you got a Ranger. That's how close those concepts are. With the upcoming Hunter revamp, there's a good chance that you're going to see a more Ranger style stuff in the near future.
    Says you lol. Opinions bro. All you got. I think the whole tinker concepts a mess.

And once again. Your opinion. I want to rain stars down on people. Shoot tornados. Shoot lightning from my bow. Shoot fire from my bow. Hunters cant do any of that.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    really? You guys seem to not read tweets well
    "Too easy" doesn't mean will be or is.
    "But maybe" doesn't mean never
    And "someday" could have been last year.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-09-16 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says you lol. Opinions bro. All you got. I think the whole tinker concepts a mess.

And once again. Your opinion. I want to rain stars down on people. Shoot tornados. Shoot lightning from my bow. Shoot fire from my bow. Hunters cant do any of that.
    Because they're AGI-based, and so are all Ranged bows and Xbows in WoW. That's part of the reason Hunters went to focus in Cataclysm, because it made no sense for them to use mana.

Starfall went to Druids. shooting Tornados also went to Druids. Shooting lightning is the domain of Shaman. Hunters have explosive shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they're AGI-based, and so are all Ranged bows and Xbows in WoW. That's part of the reason Hunters went to focus in Cataclysm, because it made no sense for them to use mana.

Starfall went to Druids. shooting Tornados also went to Druids. Shooting lightning is the domain of Shaman. Hunters have explosive shot.
    and Spiting bullshit went to Teriz, Since hen do druids shoot Tornados.

The next class will be William Wallas, he will shoot lighting bolts out of his eyes and fireballs out of his Arse

Teriz believes that the word summoning is the same as the word shooting.