Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    whatever happened to darkside? i miss his non stop old god theories :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kassadin View Post
    C'Thun wasn't in a Titan facility. Remember, the titans assumed C'thun to be dead as a doorknob. The 'facility' you're speaking of is in fact the Qiraji kingdom.

Yes he was. Yogg-Saron was imprisoned in a Titan Prison. But they presumed C'Thun to be dead, so they locked him into a Titan Research Facility for.. well, research. Turns out he was alive and over time, he turned the silithid into his own avatars: the qiraji, who transformed the temple into the huge hive you see today.

There is also a link there with tol'vir. The anubisath are former tol'vir, misshapen by C'Thun to serve it/him.

Also, I think it might be revealed soon that the Old Gods are responsible for all organic races in the universe. (or at least many of them, or at least on Azeroth)

Since the Old Gods and Titans were revealed, they were always made out to be polar opposites. The Old Gods represented Chaos, the Titans Order.

The Titans are creators of all the mechanical and stone races. I think that means the Old Gods are also the creators of the organic races like trolls.

For one, the Curse of Flesh hints towards that. The Curse of Flesh turns mechanical or stone races into organic races. If they can transform something originally mechanical into organic, then that means they have some kind of sovereignty in that domain. I am very, very sure they will end up being the creators of the organic races.

Deleted
    What bothers me is that we have an Old God in Kalimdor, Northrend, Pandaria and one right in the middle of the Ocean (presumably) yet Eastern Kingdoms seems to have none. If we assume there is 5 (and the evidence points to 5) then surely EK would be the natural location for it. One thing we do is that 2 of the earliest Troll empires were in what is now EK, this being the Amani and the Gurubashi, this suggests to me that they were probably living in that area for some time, and if there was an Old God in this region they would have at least known about it (although this information is probably now lost).

The Trolls origin is another open area of lore in World of Warcraft. I'd say the 5th hidden old god COULD have created the Trolls, which the proto trolls were known as Dark Trolls, and the Night Elves were derived from them, but what made the Night Elves and Trolls evolve so differently? How were the Dark Trolls able to survive during the wars when they were a primitive species? We simply do not know.

Night Elves worship Elune right? She's believed to be either a Naaru or something else. What if, Elune is the Moon Goddess, and she lives on one of Azeroth's moon... The same moon that disappeared during TBC expansion... Which is also the expansion the Arrakoa were trying to summon an old god... WHAT IF, Elune is an old god, or at least a Naaru that banished the old god who created trolls away?! That same old god was the one the Arrakoa were trying to summon in Outlands. If Elune is an old god, that would be a crazy moment, would explain why Azshara is soo evil! Would explain how the Old God created the Trolls, but rejected them once they evolved into Night Elves, and choose Night Elves to bring about the end of Azeroth, while the Trolls picked up new traditions such as the worship of Loa's. Loa's which live in the Emerald Dream, which is intrusted to be protected by The Night Elves by Cenarious!

Lot's of tin foil hat speculation, however it's just another plot hook where they can expand and write stuff about it, much how the thing under Lorderon is another "hook".

Well...one of Hakkar the Soulflayer's titles is the Faceless One.

Deleted
    That's what we needed, a Troll Old God. Troll lore really needs a looong rest. Or a final push where the race is exterminated and no one hears about them again. I can live with both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    That's what we needed, a Troll Old God. Troll lore really needs a looong rest. Or a final push where the race is exterminated and no one hears about them again. I can live with both.
    I think we'll get another big load of troll lore going to Zandalar (hopefully next xpac) and then the greater troll story will be pretty much tied up. However I can see the scattered remnants of the troll tribes allying with the Horde and finally finding the new home they've been searching for since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the idea of the trolls being the product of natural evolution, and have always sort've been the slave-stock of the other races that ruled under the Old Gods, the aqir and the faceless ones and any other creatures the Old Gods created. I suppose they could have been created by another Old God, but they show no great sign of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutalion View Post
    Wasn't there an old god burried somewhere below Lordaeron? I remember reading rumors about it a while ago.
    No, there isn't one there. The rumors were linked to all the Old Gods making a pentagram, but that has since been debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because Trolls are, and have always been, filthy, dark-voodoo worshiping, cannibalistic savages.
    So what?

Doomguards are creations of the Titans as well, they were created with the ability to hunt down sacrificial magic, this very hunger made them into the bloodthirsty beings they are now.

Titans put a Constructs with the power of Chaos in the Keeper Team of Uldum, who knows why but the Titans also use darker forces if it serves their goal.

Deleted
    We already know the name of the god that created trolls, LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the 5th Old God creating trolls, would confirm the rumored name For'Chanon floating around...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes he was. Yogg-Saron was imprisoned in a Titan Prison. But they presumed C'Thun to be dead, so they locked him into a Titan Research Facility for.. well, research. Turns out he was alive and over time, he turned the silithid into his own avatars: the qiraji, who transformed the temple into the huge hive you see today.

There is also a link there with tol'vir. The anubisath are former tol'vir, misshapen by C'Thun to serve it/him.

Can you link some sources on this?

I've not heard of this (or had my head in the sand), sounds quite interesting to read up on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why would it make the most sense to have one in EK? Or is this the Pentagram thing?
    To each their own domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

I've not heard of this (or had my head in the sand), sounds quite interesting to read up on.

- - - Updated - - -

To each their own domain.

About what? The tol'vir-anubisath link or C'Thun being imprisoned in a research facility?

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

What happened to all of the Scourge’s Obsidian Destroyers?
    The entities known as obsidian destroyers are actually enslaved titan constructs that were once called the tol'vir. The tol'vir were created to maintain titan lore repositories and titan machinery surrounding the titan cities of Ulduar and Uldum. Not long after the troll empires divided the insectoid kingdom of the aqir, the aqir that travelled north discovered and overthrew the tol'vir society in Northrend. These aqir would eventually become the race we know as the nerubians today, having adapted the tol'vir's architecture for their own purposes. Similarly, the aqir that travelled south ransacked and overthrew a titan research station near Uldum, renaming themselves the qiraji and calling their new home Ahn'Qiraj. Although the Scourge would eventually consume the nerubian empire and throw its few remaining tol'vir slaves into the front lines, it's possible that more tol'vir still exist in the hidden titan city of Uldum or deep within the remnants of Azjol-Nerub.
    http://wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elune. I'll leave my opinion as that.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reesi View Post
    Elune. I'll leave my opinion as that.
    The thing that fucked a giant deer? What she did! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    About what? The tol'vir-anubisath link or C'Thun being imprisoned in a research facility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Cheers

The trolls were the most advanced and powerful race ever to live on azeroth until the night elves came to power (though they were trolls anyways). With the shattering almost obliterating most of the race they splintered into troll empire(s) starving and dieing they devolved and started using old methods of worship and eventually sacrifice. (The Gurubashi trolls the most desperate of the fractured race summoned Hakkar and he starts to demand sacrifice and wages war against the other clans and almost devoured the whole troll race)

Also most Loa are just trolls, very powerful trolls. Though there are many that are closer to the demigods that the night elves have around as well, granting shadow hunters healing and shadow magic. So in a sense the trolls know a way to transcend death that all other mortal races do not have, which could be a link to an old god. Its always fun to speculated! Perhaps Hakkar is Part of the trolls Old god or is one or a servant of one, it seems he has his own will and is on another dimension as well as outside the death cycle. Ula-Tek seems to be the mother or speculated of hakkar and possible Quetz'lun from northrend. Ula-Tek is the wind serpent god from *Lands of Conflict* story from 2004. So could have been retconed by now ;p

Deleted
    Well, didn't see anything against reviving old threads, but I decided to throw in my speculation as a new on the thread. Which sums what I ahve been trying to say earlier in the thread;

Now, for my theory. The fifth, still unnamed old god.

The trolls have scriptures and tablets that speak of the titans but under a different name, The wanderers/travellers. This was the first indication that the troll had witnessed the living titans but also that they as a race was the oldest on Azeroth which explains how they came to control most of Ancient Kalimdor with such ease in comparison to other races that might have lived back then.

Aqir and Trolls were explained in the lore as enemies, ancient enemies which had deep hatred for one another. Perhaps because the Aqir wanted to kill anything that wasn't insect looking but taking into account that Aqir was a prospering insect territory that can easily hatch many, many new children, warriors and then take into account that trolls whom controlled most of Ancient Kalimdor still sacrificed which kept their population growth somewhat in a halt. This would mean that Aqir would of had an overwhelming advantage in numbers when the twin empires united to fight the common foe. But the Aqir was pushed back, the reason in my opinion that trolls could get such land control so fast and of course being able to conduct a war that would make Aqir break was because they had probably fought Aqir before that point, back during the Chaos.

The time of Chaos was when the elemental lords, the old gods walked the earth of Azeroth and the lore indicates that every race, both spiritual and elemental that lived back during this time was a servant of either one or the other old god and part of their army. If they(The old gods), saw themselves as allies. They would not need to bolster such armies and create new races, like Faceless ones. This means that trolls were most likely a servant of one or the other old god. I want to refer the trolls old god so far as the Fifth, yet unnamed one.

The reason being that when C'thun broke through his prison to influence the land, he took contact with the ancient Aqir or well the remnants of it. Where he transformed the hive mind dumb Silithids into intellectual beings of Qiraji. Surely an old god like C'thun would know how the trolls broke Aqir's empire apart? Why did he not instead reach for the Trolls of farrakki. A race that dabbles with necromancy and believes in dark LOA and is quite 'evil' in society to other races? The reason might be because C'thun knew that they were enemies of the perhaps him back in the day. It doesn't explain otherwise how a old god that can easily manipulate trolls by making them believe him as a loa, wouldn't do such. Doesn't make sense after all.

Another reason is Yogg-saron in northrend that could of easily directed his influence over the drakkari tribe before it fell to the scourge. For the same reason, he could of easily contacted them, make them believe him as a loa and he could grant them 'boons'. Yet, this old god refrained from it as well. After all, the fact that Drakkari had a city so big as Zul'Drak meant they were a superior force to be reckoned with in Northrend and with his influence, they could of easily been able to dominate even the scourge once the time came to passing.

So, why did these two old gods not go so far as reaching out to the trolls? Conclusion, the trolls whom believe in LOA and gods that can walk the earth of azeroth doesn't and didn't serve any of the four known old gods and therefore wouldn't allow themselves to fall so easily into the drink of power granted by these old gods. That is because the still unnamed old god is the one true Loa and god they would kneel to once he came to surface. That is my theory at least.

Because, it doesn't explain how two or three old gods with great power wouldn't contact and manipulate a race as trolls that would be considered the far easiest race for old gods to manipulate as loa. It simply doesn't make sense. Why would they go through the hassle of transforming dumb Silithids, corrupt the mind of titan guardians and one dragon with their whispers but ignore the trolls whom clearly could of been manipulated far easier and transformed and become a force to be reckoned with? Hell, even unite the silithids and Trolls down in southern Kalimdor. Or Drakkari with the guardians in Northrend. Perhaps the reason being, the fifth old god whom is the reason trolls got regeneration, connection to realms of magic that other races can't gain access too and more importantly, much as a regeneration boon. The old god, yet unnamed old god have granted the race of trolls immunity toward the corruptive whisper of the other four old gods.

That old god has yet to surface, why wouldn't he surface considering how weak azeroth is? Considering he has yet make a move and has probably breached his prison by now. Yet, no guardians, other titan races, dragons among other races felt any events puppeteer by him. Hell, he didn't even surface during the time when N'zoth, C'thun, Yogg-saron together manipulated the black dragonflight. IT is too many question marks in the old gods decision making and for being a race of so high intellect and power. They should of be able to see the true worth they can raise trolls too with a bit of their magic.

That is my final speculation at least. I would love to throw this in the Dave Kosak's direction but I have no idea how to reach out to him or make him notice and respond to my speculation :P