Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'm familiar with that post of Kosak's, although I think he's quite confused as to what a 'fist-pumping moment' is. That, or he tried and evidently failed to justify how the Alliance's 'victories' in MoP against the 'big, bad Horde' were somehow comparable to the Horde's victories against the actual Alliance the expansion that came prior to MoP. 5.1 was presented generally as a shared victory or at least, not against 'The Horde' as such but rather, Garrosh. 5.2 of course, as with all Alliance victories, was not demonstrated meaningfully in-game. Dalaran is still very much a neutral city for all practical intents and purposes; however much they said otherwise in a phased and temporary questline. Then of course, in 5.4, we are not raiding 'AN ENEMY CAPITAL' so much as 'THE BIG BAD HORDE'S CAPITAL', and 'EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR' is not a Horde Orc but rather, a big bad Kor'kron Orc.

    Kosak of course expresses concerns about not wanting to 'alienate' the entire Horde playerbase; which makes me wonder what he was thinking in the likes of Cataclysm with Theramore and so on. As an Alliance player (at heart), I certainly felt alienated.
    Enought already. IT's a game and you lost a few zones. Waah. Durotar was flooded, you guys made a successful campaign into the barrens to the gate leading into Mulgore, you got to Pandaria before we did, your little poster boy Anduin had a personal audience with Wrathion after stopping Garrosh's plan. All you want is for several zones to be forced into Alliance hands so you guys can feel dominate.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you are, because your asking for get complete and absolute satisfaction against half the playerbase. Its childish, your either go with the flow of the story, or you whine endlessly about not getting your way about it, but either way, your not getting it.
    So, when hordies get "complete and absolute satisfaction against half the playerbase" it's a-ok, but when Alliance players ask for the same, hordies start to booohooo their asses out? QQ more.

  3. #423
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by aidentech View Post
    Enought already. IT's a game and you lost a few zones. Waah. Durotar was flooded, you guys made a successful campaign into the barrens to the gate leading into Mulgore, you got to Pandaria before we did, your little poster boy Anduin had a personal audience with Wrathion after stopping Garrosh's plan. All you want is for several zones to be forced into Alliance hands so you guys can feel dominate.
    More strawmanning, woo.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    More strawmanning, woo.
    I guess Ghostcrawler is strawmanning...
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    stop saying u lose a leveling zone when u can phase for hight levels like u do on Theramor
    Okay, so you're asking for Ashenvale to be phased at higher level to reinforce Alliance winning back some land? (Source)
    I agree, progressive phasing would help keep the world large and alive. The world shrinks as zones become irrelevant.
    That provides gameplay though. That's a different argument IMO from Alliance get Ashenvale just for a sense of victory. (Source)

    So what was the reason for giving the horde Darkshore, South Shore and allowing them to nuke Theramore?
    Those were all motivated by tryingnto provide an interesting leveling / scenario experience. (Source)
    Many of these concerns seem motivated by issues like fairness or justice. We're just trying to make playing WoW interesting. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  5. #425
    Brewmaster Azahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moon Guard
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I still love Garrosh no doubt about that.
    And all we can say is, He captured them, he didn't kill them. Yet.

    Oh yeah, that's right.
    At least he didn't kill them

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Oh yeah, that's right.
    At least he didn't kill them
    http://i.imgur.com/3b5aXzEh.jpg
    what sort of MONSTER shoots BOOBS????

    why not the face, or the stomach?? why spoil perfectly good boobs? WHYYYY?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  7. #427
    And the alliance never kept child prisoners oh wait thrall and the orc internment camps say otherwise.

  8. #428
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I guess Ghostcrawler is strawmanning...
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    stop saying u lose a leveling zone when u can phase for hight levels like u do on Theramor
    Okay, so you're asking for Ashenvale to be phased at higher level to reinforce Alliance winning back some land? (Source)
    I agree, progressive phasing would help keep the world large and alive. The world shrinks as zones become irrelevant.
    That provides gameplay though. That's a different argument IMO from Alliance get Ashenvale just for a sense of victory. (Source)

    So what was the reason for giving the horde Darkshore, South Shore and allowing them to nuke Theramore?
    Those were all motivated by tryingnto provide an interesting leveling / scenario experience. (Source)
    Many of these concerns seem motivated by issues like fairness or justice. We're just trying to make playing WoW interesting. (Source)
    The strawman is that the Alliance en masse wants to force several zones into Alliance hands to "feel dominant."

    But good try.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The strawman is that the Alliance en masse wants to force several zones into Alliance hands to "feel dominant."

    But good try.
    The guy didn't say anything about the Alliance en masse, he was talking specifically to 1 poster.

    But good try.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  10. #430
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The guy didn't say anything about the Alliance en masse, he was talking specifically to 1 poster.

    But good try.
    Its still a strawman broseph. Learn to understand? Although I don't expect someone who uses strawman arguments to be able to see them.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its still a strawman broseph. Learn to understand? Although I don't expect someone who uses strawman arguments to be able to see them.
    Like the strawman you put up that the guy was talking about all Alliance instead of that 1 guy he was responding to?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  12. #432
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,892
    So I'm strawmanning a strawman? He very clearly used the exact same argument that several people have personally used against me, and many others have used against other Alliance posters. The one of "Well you Alliance just want to control the zones" or "Well you Alliance just want to destroy Orgrimmar."

    God, you aren't even trying anymore, are you?
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  13. #433
    Legendary! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Oh I like it. I hope he turns them into little Sha monsters.
    hahahahaha I'd like to see that
    There is only one god and his name is Sargeras.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    "Well you Alliance just want to control the zones"
    The exact same things GC addressed in his tweets...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #435
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,892
    Where in his quote is he saying that the Alliance wants to control Ashenvale?

    The actual request, not the strawmanned argument, is that we see some results of the Alliance victories in the zone.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  16. #436
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It is nowhere stated that Garrosh betrayed Cairne, what does Baine say in 5.4?

    "Bla bla, Garrosh betrayed my Father"

    If they want to make Garrosh even more evil, fine, but twisting established lore to make him appear even worse is just bad.
    I am sorry but Carine's hot head got him killed not hellscreams. His own foolishness got himself killed. He jump to a conclusion without investigating it. If he found out the twilights hammer really did it he would still be around to council Garrosh. And the horde (Orcs and trolls) wouldn't have had to go to war to stop there children from staving to death.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Where in his quote is he saying that the Alliance wants to control Ashenvale?

    The actual request, not the strawmanned argument, is that we see some results of the Alliance victories in the zone.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Like making the Horde back out of Gilneas and Ashenvale?
    I'm a gameplay designer. So what gameplay is there in losing leveling zones for Horde? (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what sort of MONSTER shoots BOOBS????

    why not the face, or the stomach?? why spoil perfectly good boobs? WHYYYY?
    Copying Joffrey from Game of Thrones!

  19. #439
    One things for sure, Thrall should never give a peptalk to anyone ever again.

  20. #440
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    I don't see any point in capturing the children for anything other than just being a cruel cruel person. Garrosh must pay for his crimes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •