Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Lei Shen had an interesting backstory, but blizz really dropped the ball by not having him do anything impressive after his ressurection besides sit in his little fortress island. Him showing up and wrecking things in 5.1 would have been a good lead in.
    Actually did we even had any motivation to kill him besides panda's told us to ? I mean he didnt really appear to be dangerous, and mogu suffered defeats left and right anyway. Did he had some super weapon to threat us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Was Jaina not aware of these ships being captured?
    Why would the Alliance know anything? We apparently are caught offguard by every single thing Garrosh does.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

Kidnapping children, giving us target practice, and forcing prisoners to fight each other for our amusement?

Got to hand it to Garrosh. He knows how to treat his troops. Never a dull moment in Orgrimmar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why would the Alliance know anything? We apparently are caught offguard by every single thing Garrosh does.
    Your sig is bootiful.

SoO is gonna really have me paying attention to the trash to see if we see more stuff like this pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Alliance's military readiness reminds me of snow cleaning services being "caught unaware and unprepared" by snowstorms in december/january...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    nope. the children of theramore were put on a boat to escape the coming battle.

Seems like garrosh caught the boat they were on.
    And that makes it all the worse.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And that makes it all the worse.
    Not much worse than Jaina never bothering to check in on the boat to make sure they made it safely to Gadgetzan.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not much worse than Jaina never bothering to check in on the boat to make sure they made it safely to Gadgetzan.
    I'm sorry, but your remarks have me quite literally facepalming at you.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'm sorry, but your remarks have me quite literally facepalming at you.
    Why? Because Jaina never bothered to make sure her people made it to safety? People she was so worked up about that she nearly murdered Thrall and committed genocide against Orgrimmar, but then just forgot about? Seems like the first thing she should do after standing down and rescuing the Alliance fleet at Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-02 at 04:59 AM.

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Patch 5.4 is incredibly dark oh my goodness. I know they said Orgrimmar was gonna be a bloodbath, but I wasn't expecting this...
    Starts with the vale blowing up, traitor in the bronze flight, then we get to Orgrimmar where norushen dies during sha of pride, I think we find a wounded Taran Zhu, galakras where Zaela gets dropped out of the sky, Nazgrim, malkorok I think explodes from the power of Y'sharrj, thok eats several prisoners we've met on Pandaria, we find Saurfang bloodied and surrounded by writhing Mantid corpses, EVERY KLAXXI PARAGON EXCEPT MALIK, and then Garrosh. And we still don't know if he dies or who else dies or the casualties or what, especially with the new unveiling if the heroic only phase in storm wind harbor burning. I'm shocked with how dark this expansion has been, I thought it was bad in 5.0 and 5.1, 5.2 took it up a notch, 5.3 was slower, but this...is amazing. This is the Warcraft I've been missing since Wrath.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liyiana/simple
    Professional glass cannon since 2004. I live and die a mage.

Why? Because Jaina never bothered to make sure her people made it to safety? People she was so worked up about that she nearly murdered Thrall and committed genocide against Orgrimmar, but then just forgot about? Seems like the first thing she should do after standing down and rescuing the Alliance fleet at Orgrimmar.
    What races do you play? I am wondering where all the bias is coming from. And Sky Admiral Rogers' speech leads me to believe that they were written off as dead when their ship was attacked and sunk. Jaina probably would have received the news during her return to Dalaran or Stormwind.

i really hope blizz doesn't make this particular tidbit canon. Two wrongs (derping all over the lore) does not make a right. This is something that SHOULD have been known way before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    i really hope blizz doesn't make this particular tidbit canon. Two wrongs (derping all over the lore) does not make a right. This is something that SHOULD have been known way before hand.
    I would consider the book to only be a rough summary of what actually happened at best now. Little details have been so screwed up from lack of collaboration between the CD teams leaving us with something so mangled that you can only take away a broad overview.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-09-02 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    What races do you play? I am wondering where all the bias is coming from. And Sky Admiral Rogers' speech leads me to believe that they were written off as dead when their ship was attacked and sunk. Jaina probably would have received the news during her return to Dalaran or Stormwind.
    Rogers says, "massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore." Captured or sunk, the ship with children clearly made it out of Theramore so she's completely wrong. If she was really talking about that ship, "of" would be more appropriate.

She can't even get her races straight and you are going to use her as a valid source of information?
    "Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore" Nope, it was the Forsaken.

Are we forgetting about all the pandaren children in the alliance quest, where you kill the warlocks and their eyes? Though it seemed they were all forsaken, talking about their dark lady? (quest: unfair trade -- http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31744 )

Rogers says, "massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore." Captured or sunk, the ship with children clearly made it out of Theramore so she's completely wrong. If she was really talking about that ship, "of" would be more appropriate.
    So she used "in" possibly meaning "who live in" instead of "of". Big deal.
    She can't even get her races straight and you are going to use her as a valid source of information?
    "Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore" Nope, it was the Forsaken.
    And? Who gives the orders to the forsaken? Certain perspectives are open to interpretation, not your narrow view of the world. Again, I must come back to my original question, what races do you play?
    Last edited by delus; 2013-09-02 at 05:40 AM.

With regard to the latter point -- I imagine she placed ultimate blame on the Orcs as the leaders of the Horde, assuming they green-lit (pun intended) or even ordered the act.

Sky Admiral Rogers is obviously exaggerating Theramore. And that is why she is awesome. That is why we need more of her. We need Alliance characters who aren't shiny white moral compasses. Grey morality makes things fucking interesting. Good vs Bad can only go so far. Im stick of us being good. Fuck.

Could there have been children who were caught in the blast of Theramore? Who knows, maybe. Most of them escaped on the ship sent to Gadgetzan. The vast, vast majority of them. If we want to play semantics, there could be a way where she is correct. But I honestly don't give a fuck if she's exaggerating or not. In fact, I want her to be. Whether or not children are killed is pretty irrelevant to me. Theramore was still destroyed. Garrosh totally upped the ante. And he did so after abusing a worldwide natural disaster to royally fuck up his enemy while they were scrambling to survive Deathwing breaking the literal world. He bought his initial victories with an inevitable ultimate defeat. It would just have been nice if the Alliance wasn't just helping the Horde replace their Warchief >.>.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Your sig is bootiful.

SoO is gonna really have me paying attention to the trash to see if we see more stuff like this pop up.
    Oh you! <3

And yes, I hope there are more little tidbits like this in the raid.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-09-02 at 05:54 AM.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

Sky Admiral Rogers is obviously exaggerating Theramore. And that is why she is awesome. That is why we need more of her. We need Alliance characters who aren't shiny white moral compasses. Grey morality makes things fucking interesting. Good vs Bad can only go so far. Im stick of us being good. Fuck.

Could there have been children who were caught in the blast of Theramore? Who knows, maybe. Most of them escaped on the ship sent to Gadgetzan. The vast, vast majority of them. If we want to play semantics, there could be a way where she is correct. But I honestly don't give a fuck if she's exaggerating or not. In fact, I want her to be.
    That's my point about her. It's no secret that she hates the orcs. Her exaggerating things to rile her troops in preparation for an attack against the orcs is well within the realm of possibility. And is very likely considering her placing all the blame of plaguing Southshore on the orcs when the Forsaken have a history of being untrustworthy in their dropping of plague bombs.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-02 at 05:55 AM.

Could there have been children who were caught in the blast of Theramore? Who knows, maybe. Most of them escaped on the ship sent to Gadgetzan. The vast, vast majority of them. If we want to play semantics, there could be a way where she is correct. But I honestly don't give a fuck if she's exaggerating or not. In fact, I want her to be. Whether or not children are killed is pretty irrelevant to me. Theramore was still destroyed. Garrosh totally upped the ante. And he did so after abusing a worldwide natural disaster to royally fuck up his enemy while they were scrambling to survive Deathwing breaking the literal world.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you! <3

And yes, I hope there are more little tidbits like this in the raid.
    And that could be the case too. It was a very emotional speech of course. One that we need more of. It is even possible that she might even be justified in the assumption of every civilian in thereamore being massacred if that boat was attacked.