Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alliance's military readiness reminds me of snow cleaning services being "caught unaware and unprepared" by snowstorms in december/january...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    nope. the children of theramore were put on a boat to escape the coming battle.

Seems like garrosh caught the boat they were on.
    And that makes it all the worse.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And that makes it all the worse.
    Not much worse than Jaina never bothering to check in on the boat to make sure they made it safely to Gadgetzan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not much worse than Jaina never bothering to check in on the boat to make sure they made it safely to Gadgetzan.
    I'm sorry, but your remarks have me quite literally facepalming at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'm sorry, but your remarks have me quite literally facepalming at you.
    Why? Because Jaina never bothered to make sure her people made it to safety? People she was so worked up about that she nearly murdered Thrall and committed genocide against Orgrimmar, but then just forgot about? Seems like the first thing she should do after standing down and rescuing the Alliance fleet at Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-02 at 04:59 AM.

Why? Because Jaina never bothered to make sure her people made it to safety? People she was so worked up about that she nearly murdered Thrall and committed genocide against Orgrimmar, but then just forgot about? Seems like the first thing she should do after standing down and rescuing the Alliance fleet at Orgrimmar.
    What races do you play? I am wondering where all the bias is coming from. And Sky Admiral Rogers' speech leads me to believe that they were written off as dead when their ship was attacked and sunk. Jaina probably would have received the news during her return to Dalaran or Stormwind.

i really hope blizz doesn't make this particular tidbit canon. Two wrongs (derping all over the lore) does not make a right. This is something that SHOULD have been known way before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    i really hope blizz doesn't make this particular tidbit canon. Two wrongs (derping all over the lore) does not make a right. This is something that SHOULD have been known way before hand.
    I would consider the book to only be a rough summary of what actually happened at best now. Little details have been so screwed up from lack of collaboration between the CD teams leaving us with something so mangled that you can only take away a broad overview.
    Last edited by delus; 2013-09-02 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    What races do you play? I am wondering where all the bias is coming from. And Sky Admiral Rogers' speech leads me to believe that they were written off as dead when their ship was attacked and sunk. Jaina probably would have received the news during her return to Dalaran or Stormwind.
    Rogers says, "massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore." Captured or sunk, the ship with children clearly made it out of Theramore so she's completely wrong. If she was really talking about that ship, "of" would be more appropriate.

She can't even get her races straight and you are going to use her as a valid source of information?
    "Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore" Nope, it was the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we forgetting about all the pandaren children in the alliance quest, where you kill the warlocks and their eyes? Though it seemed they were all forsaken, talking about their dark lady? (quest: unfair trade -- http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31744 )

Rogers says, "massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore." Captured or sunk, the ship with children clearly made it out of Theramore so she's completely wrong. If she was really talking about that ship, "of" would be more appropriate.
    So she used "in" possibly meaning "who live in" instead of "of". Big deal.
    She can't even get her races straight and you are going to use her as a valid source of information?
    "Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore" Nope, it was the Forsaken.
    And? Who gives the orders to the forsaken? Certain perspectives are open to interpretation, not your narrow view of the world. Again, I must come back to my original question, what races do you play?
    Last edited by delus; 2013-09-02 at 05:40 AM.

With regard to the latter point -- I imagine she placed ultimate blame on the Orcs as the leaders of the Horde, assuming they green-lit (pun intended) or even ordered the act.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Sky Admiral Rogers is obviously exaggerating Theramore. And that is why she is awesome. That is why we need more of her. We need Alliance characters who aren't shiny white moral compasses. Grey morality makes things fucking interesting. Good vs Bad can only go so far. Im stick of us being good. Fuck.

Could there have been children who were caught in the blast of Theramore? Who knows, maybe. Most of them escaped on the ship sent to Gadgetzan. The vast, vast majority of them. If we want to play semantics, there could be a way where she is correct. But I honestly don't give a fuck if she's exaggerating or not. In fact, I want her to be. Whether or not children are killed is pretty irrelevant to me. Theramore was still destroyed. Garrosh totally upped the ante. And he did so after abusing a worldwide natural disaster to royally fuck up his enemy while they were scrambling to survive Deathwing breaking the literal world. He bought his initial victories with an inevitable ultimate defeat. It would just have been nice if the Alliance wasn't just helping the Horde replace their Warchief >.>.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Your sig is bootiful.

SoO is gonna really have me paying attention to the trash to see if we see more stuff like this pop up.
    Oh you! <3

And yes, I hope there are more little tidbits like this in the raid.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-09-02 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Sky Admiral Rogers is obviously exaggerating Theramore. And that is why she is awesome. That is why we need more of her. We need Alliance characters who aren't shiny white moral compasses. Grey morality makes things fucking interesting. Good vs Bad can only go so far. Im stick of us being good. Fuck.

Could there have been children who were caught in the blast of Theramore? Who knows, maybe. Most of them escaped on the ship sent to Gadgetzan. The vast, vast majority of them. If we want to play semantics, there could be a way where she is correct. But I honestly don't give a fuck if she's exaggerating or not. In fact, I want her to be.
    That's my point about her. It's no secret that she hates the orcs. Her exaggerating things to rile her troops in preparation for an attack against the orcs is well within the realm of possibility. And is very likely considering her placing all the blame of plaguing Southshore on the orcs when the Forsaken have a history of being untrustworthy in their dropping of plague bombs.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-02 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Could there have been children who were caught in the blast of Theramore? Who knows, maybe. Most of them escaped on the ship sent to Gadgetzan. The vast, vast majority of them. If we want to play semantics, there could be a way where she is correct. But I honestly don't give a fuck if she's exaggerating or not. In fact, I want her to be. Whether or not children are killed is pretty irrelevant to me. Theramore was still destroyed. Garrosh totally upped the ante. And he did so after abusing a worldwide natural disaster to royally fuck up his enemy while they were scrambling to survive Deathwing breaking the literal world.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you! <3

And yes, I hope there are more little tidbits like this in the raid.
    And that could be the case too. It was a very emotional speech of course. One that we need more of. It is even possible that she might even be justified in the assumption of every civilian in thereamore being massacred if that boat was attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    yeah, garrosh is a monster, we all know that. old news.

I don't think I need to remind anyone that he personally crushed a teen with a hammer not too long ago.
    Well, it was a stone arch with a bell on it. And he didn't drop it on him, Anduin blew it up and got trapped.

He undoubtedly would've imprisoned or killed Anduin had he not thought him dead though. Let's just file this all under "Garrosh is an idiot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

More early release scenes from Siege of Orgrimmar:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Garrosh would have a serious problem if Richard decides to join the Rebels, it would be an all you can eat buffet for him ;P

10+ Year Old Account

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...03379636_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Yeah, they've definitely gone very "Saturday-morning cartoon villain" with him lately, but it's nothing some solid writing couldn't fix; just put Christie Golden on the case!
    Really? You want miss "Humans and dragons can now love each other" writing the lore again?

Holy shit, Dezco will be in SoO?
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-09-02 at 07:55 AM.