Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    PvP isn't about rewards as much as some people think. It's about the fun of it, the legitimacy of it, and the sense that succeeding in this 'arena' matters. Yes, there's some who just do it for rewards, but there's a ton of bad PVP games for them to play.

    So the fact that the weekly matchup outcome is decided by guild recruiting, foreign players, and coverage makes it an uninteresting issue to players. Rewarding the winner more doesn't change that, because being the "winner" just doesn't hold any weight. It's like going to a NBA game and your section of the arena won a free t-shirt. When you go home, nobody cares about the t-shirt. They care who won the game and about the best plays.
    Actually rewarding the winner more will cause more players to participate in their servers struggle for the top. Of course the rewards have to be pretty damn good to convince players who do no WvW atm like me. But its going to get lots of players to bite once the rewards are revealed. Then we have to see how things shake out.

    And i dont think your analogy of the fan in the stands works. The players rewarded are those in competition so try to find somthing where the person is actually competing and not a random draw. Because the people you compete against care because they wanted the rewards you won and the people you compete with care because they can now celebrate with you with the rewards you won together.

  2. #22
    LFG Tool looks great, very very excited to see that implemented. Tequatl also looks fantastic, and looks like it will be very hard and fun to do!

    Looks like the next two patches are going to be the best yet! SAB and Tequatl!
    Excited

  3. #23
    So, it doesn't look automated. Am I correct in that it's not automated?

    If not, it looks pretty slick. Nothing too fancy, but straight forward and it's nice that it includes more than just dungeons. Will actually start running dungeons when this comes out : D

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Littleraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,489
    interesting. i may have to check this out. ive only ever played this game in quick bursts but when i do i love it. this should add more to that enjoyment for me.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, it doesn't look automated. Am I correct in that it's not automated?

    If not, it looks pretty slick. Nothing too fancy, but straight forward and it's nice that it includes more than just dungeons. Will actually start running dungeons when this comes out : D
    It works more like a message board system. You advertise your group, or you yourself on the board. You join a group or other people will select you if you are there solo and then you go. So it doesn't work like WoW's system where it is completely anonymous and automated. And while there are merits to that type of system I've always preferred this type of group forming system and controls that it has. I think it will work out great.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Actually rewarding the winner more will cause more players to participate in their servers struggle for the top. Of course the rewards have to be pretty damn good to convince players who do no WvW atm like me. But its going to get lots of players to bite once the rewards are revealed. Then we have to see how things shake out.

    And i dont think your analogy of the fan in the stands works. The players rewarded are those in competition so try to find somthing where the person is actually competing and not a random draw. Because the people you compete against care because they wanted the rewards you won and the people you compete with care because they can now celebrate with you with the rewards you won together.
    You're right, it's a bad anology because fan doesn't equate to player. I just failed at thinking up a better one. =p

    They've added incentives to WvWvW before, by increasing drops, and including Tower/Keep champs in the new loot tables. Some of these boosts increased participation for awhile, but they didn't change the overall perception that winning the weekly match-up meant very, very little. This new tourny is based around that weekly match-up.

    What will happen: People will try to win for a week or match or two, see that they loss because of something completely out of their control, and stop caring about the reward or decide to wait out and transfer to a winning server for the next tourny season. Overall PVP problem: Anet has to cure the disease, not treat the symptoms.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, it doesn't look automated. Am I correct in that it's not automated?

    If not, it looks pretty slick. Nothing too fancy, but straight forward and it's nice that it includes more than just dungeons. Will actually start running dungeons when this comes out : D
    It's like the Eastern style of group finder tools.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    as long as ppl start listing their group it should work wonderfully. Problem is games like WoW tried this in the past with Raids an on an entire server at peak hours you would only see like 3 ppl listed back in BC or Wrath. This being region wide i can see it catching on more with the community especially with how the ppl doing groups are already using listing websites.
    The WoW tool you are talking about is bound to the server.That was it's problem.This one will be cross server maybe and if it is then just throw a look at how successful is gw2lfg.com,which a similar system.

    Now OMG!It finally arrived.I'm sooo happy panda

  9. #29
    From what we can read right now this lfg system could be the best implementation of LFG tool ever in the MMO history. Too bad it wasn't there at start so many ppl left the game (ye wow kids who are used to make groups automaticly). Well. we will see how it rolls out when its released.

    TBH ArenaNet should give some good words or whatever to the creators of gw2lfg.com ... the most useful site ever made in gaming history, but unfortunately it seems, that this site will be closed soon when ANet releases the lfg tool (but we will have to wait if that tools is actually that good as it seems to be )
    "Dont gain the world and loose your soul
    wisdom is better than silver and gold"


    Bob Marley

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    as long as ppl start listing their group it should work wonderfully. Problem is games like WoW tried this in the past with Raids an on an entire server at peak hours you would only see like 3 ppl listed back in BC or Wrath. This being region wide i can see it catching on more with the community especially with how the ppl doing groups are already using listing websites.
    I actually used it a lot in wrath. Sure, if you wanted a group fast to raid it was better sit in city and find invites in tradechat. However, if you just wanted to raid whenev and were out in world doing other things.... like I did a lot of mining back in those days. And usually I got invites to some of the raids I wanted to do. Also when I was creating groups for VoA for example, I checked that list and found some people to invite. I dont know if that tool went away in cata, at end of wrath I more guild raided and icc pugs happened 24/7, at least first 4 bosses, so you knew that if you wanted a fast run with your alts you could always get a group no matter what time in the day.
    Anyway, I always wanted them to make a similar tool for RBGs and I think that once upon a time they were thinking about implementing it... however nov 2011 it still wasnt in place and as far as I understand it still isnt?

    So it's a nice LFD-tool GW2 is implementing. It's not for those who logon after work to get a quick run before dinner, because it isnt fast. That's the con with this system. But if you are a bro that want to do other things while waiting for group and got whole day to wait... it's a good system. No need to be stuck in city, can be out exploring, in wvwvw or in heart of mist or wherev doing other things while waiting. And that's the good thing. But still not ultimate tool for casuals looking for fast dungeon runs :P
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  11. #31
    So it's a nice LFD-tool GW2 is implementing. It's not for those who logon after work to get a quick run before dinner, because it isnt fast. That's the con with this system. But if you are a bro that want to do other things while waiting for group and got whole day to wait... it's a good system. No need to be stuck in city, can be out exploring, in wvwvw or in heart of mist or wherev doing other things while waiting. And that's the good thing. But still not ultimate tool for casuals looking for fast dungeon runs :P
    I disagree, this tool is faster than the automated one. This works like a pvp browser in the mists. You see groups that lists they interest into making some particular dungeon, You simply join and voila, where in WoW case You have to wait when the system assembles 5 ppl into one group.
    "Dont gain the world and loose your soul
    wisdom is better than silver and gold"


    Bob Marley

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    I disagree, this tool is faster than the automated one. This works like a pvp browser in the mists. You see groups that lists they interest into making some particular dungeon, You simply join and voila, where in WoW case You have to wait when the system assembles 5 ppl into one group.
    So you will get teleported to the place, like in pvp browser? And the group can start dungeon without being full team while waiting? Like clearing trash?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So you will get teleported to the place, like in pvp browser? And the group can start dungeon without being full team while waiting? Like clearing trash?
    No you won't be teleported to the place, but it takes 5 seconds to go to the waypoint anyways so it's not needed to be teleported at all.

  14. #34
    LFG tool is a system that helps assembling and finding groups not teleporting all lazy assers to the dungeon.

    http://dulfy.net/2013/08/31/gw2-pax-...bash-coverage/

    80 coordinated ppl to take down that dragon.
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2013-09-01 at 08:53 AM.
    "Dont gain the world and loose your soul
    wisdom is better than silver and gold"


    Bob Marley

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    The WoW tool you are talking about is bound to the server.That was it's problem.This one will be cross server maybe and if it is then just throw a look at how successful is gw2lfg.com,which a similar system.

    Now OMG!It finally arrived.I'm sooo happy panda
    Yea i eluded to the WoW tool being a single server, i guess i didnt express enough that that was the main problem with it. Anyway the one for guild wars two will be Split by region. So all the american servers will see anyone who posts and same with Euro servers. So youll see alot of activity even if it isnt people from your server.

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MAGUUMA
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So it's a nice LFD-tool GW2 is implementing. It's not for those who logon after work to get a quick run before dinner, because it isnt fast. That's the con with this system. But if you are a bro that want to do other things while waiting for group and got whole day to wait... it's a good system. No need to be stuck in city, can be out exploring, in wvwvw or in heart of mist or wherev doing other things while waiting. And that's the good thing. But still not ultimate tool for casuals looking for fast dungeon runs :P
    Wrong.

    It's going to be blistering fast compared to WoW's LFD - no trinity, remember? No waiting for tanks, no waiting for healers, just 5 people and go.

    Just how gw2lfg.com is blistering fast now. Never takes more than a minute or two for a dungeon group.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-09-01 at 12:33 PM.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  17. #37
    About time. Nice to see it's similar (or even better?) to DDO's group finding tool that's been around for over seven years now.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Wrong.

    It's going to be blistering fast compared to WoW's LFD - no trinity, remember? No waiting for tanks, no waiting for healers, just 5 people and go.

    Just how gw2lfg.com is blistering fast now. Never takes more than a minute or two for a dungeon group.
    For things like fractals it will be fast but for some storymodes it might be slow.

  19. #39
    The speed of the LFG interface is complete speculation at this point.

    There really is no way to know what join speeds or attempts will be like with this in-game tool. This style of LFG tool has been used in other MMOs in the past with mixed results. So yea, don't jump to conclusions till it hits live for a few months.

  20. #40
    What will make it fast is that there are no specific roles hard coded into the system (needing a tank/healer). You can't really compare it to trinity based LFG/D game systems in my opinion.

    But as Fencers said, we have no idea how fast it will work until it is implemented onto the live servers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •