Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

LFG tool!! (finally!)

Watching the livestream -- finally getting a LFG tool that is nation / continent wide!

- - - Updated - - -

For dungeons, fractals, personal story, invasions, etc

Liking it alot. Not only that but the revamped dragon fight.

Looks like it could be an awesome LFG tool, so excited!

as long as ppl start listing their group it should work wonderfully. Problem is games like WoW tried this in the past with Raids an on an entire server at peak hours you would only see like 3 ppl listed back in BC or Wrath. This being region wide i can see it catching on more with the community especially with how the ppl doing groups are already using listing websites.

Tequatl will have a chance to drop ascended weapons and unique drops but the fight is now a lot harder and has a 15 minute timer to complete. Fight is currently going on right now...

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-08-31 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Tequatl will have a chance to drop ascended weapons and unique drops but the fight is now a lot harder and has a 15 minute timer to complete. Fight is currently going on right now...

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
    That mini Tequatl will be MINE.
    Valar morghulis

The big WvW announcement is... rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I guess so? Though i thought there was already rankings? But i think it was more about server rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool, I've not played for ages, but it was always a pain in the butt finding groups.

Will be playing again to test this out.

It's actually pretty shit how it's taken them this long.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-08-31 at 11:06 PM.

Comes out September 17th, don't think anyone here mentioned the date yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Comes out September 17th, don't think anyone here mentioned the date yet.
    GTA V, maybe it will be a while before I try their lfg tool then haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    when? I want to complete my personal story! :S

edit: too far awayy

The new Teq fight looked really nice. I wish they would share an accurate percentage on the chance for an Ascended to drop.

The WvWvW league... is the same esport mistake all over again. People don't care who wins the WvWvW matchup. They care about the battles within the war. They're emphasizing the wrong part of WvWvW. Unless they overhaul the scoring system, the league system is a waste of time. Putting the cart before the horse again. You have to make sure people care about what you're selling before you try to sell it.

Also, gonna give Colin shit for Stormbluff IsLAND. smh

Deleted
    Can't say anything showed on the stream was anything of my interest.

I'm just glad that this LFG tool does not randomly mash you together with others and teleports you to your dungeon.

awesome functionality, this tool has:

* you can merge groups easily (for example: if you are in a 2man group, 3man groups and smaller will be listed first in the list. You can then easily merge by pressing a button)
    * your friends and guildies on the list will be bumped to the top
    * you can find people for all kinds of content (example: open world boss events: finger killing group - east battery)
    * you can add comments to your lfg, so that you can clarify what the motivation of the group is
    * you can easily see all the professions already in the group

this seems like a very well thought out tool with a lot of options and userfriendly features, nothing like the automated tools that put you up with random people and teleports you into a dungeon. http://i.imgur.com/UyJAXw0.jpg

Well done Anet!!

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    The new Teq fight looked really nice. I wish they would share an accurate percentage on the chance for an Ascended to drop.

The WvWvW league... is the same esport mistake all over again. People don't care who wins the WvWvW matchup. They care about the battles within the war. They're emphasizing the wrong part of WvWvW. Unless they overhaul the scoring system, the league system is a waste of time. Putting the cart before the horse again. You have to make sure people care about what you're selling before you try to sell it.

Also, gonna give Colin shit for Stormbluff IsLAND. smh
    I think thats why they are introducing the new season of WvW. To get people to care about the matchups. They said that theres going to be new rewards based on how well you finish in the placing. And rewards based on how you participated. Also new achivements that you get by participating that show how much you participated and those achives will give you a key to unlock your placement reward.

So if the rewards are somthing the players all want is going to make them care about the matchups and make WvW that more intense at the higher levels.

It also might make players Xfer servers =p

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think thats why they are introducing the new season of WvW. To get people to care about the matchups. They said that theres going to be new rewards based on how well you finish in the placing. And rewards based on how you participated. Also new achivements that you get by participating that show how much you participated and those achives will give you a key to unlock your placement reward.

So if the rewards are somthing the players all want is going to make them care about the matchups and make WvW that more intense at the higher levels.

man this sounds absolutely awesome... achievements to show participation as a key to unlock rewards for your placement. I only hope that people aren't leaving servers in order to go to better ones because of the rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Devon Carver just moments ago destroy my fears:

our reward will be based on the server you log into the first time once the season starts. You can transfer as much as you like, but you will still get the reward from that first server.
    haha awesome
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-09-01 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Also they supposedly found a way to replace the orb mechanic they first had when the game launched. The new orb mechanics look like the sPVP capture points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

PvP isn't about rewards as much as some people think. It's about the fun of it, the legitimacy of it, and the sense that succeeding in this 'arena' matters. Yes, there's some who just do it for rewards, but there's a ton of bad PVP games for them to play.

So the fact that the weekly matchup outcome is decided by guild recruiting, foreign players, and coverage makes it an uninteresting issue to players. Rewarding the winner more doesn't change that, because being the "winner" just doesn't hold any weight. It's like going to a NBA game and your section of the arena won a free t-shirt. When you go home, nobody cares about the t-shirt. They care who won the game and about the best plays.