Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Random people = random chances idiots unfortunately, GW2 community always liked to put itself on a pedastal, looking down on others for there rude, arrogant players but my experience of LFG is no different from any other, it has people you want to meet again, and people you don't, and thats life for you.

The one thing the LFG tool should have is, as in GW1, an "accept" button. People shouldn't auto-join your group, they should "invite" themselves and have to be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The one thing the LFG tool should have is, as in GW1, an "accept" button. People shouldn't auto-join your group, they should "invite" themselves and have to be accepted.
    I do agree, I just think it'll lead to people like myself who don't have the experience/confidence being shunned by those like Mel who don't want to babysit people, but thats life again.

True, but those people will already vote kick you from the group if you join them while they're trying to put together a speed run or something. Making the group able to approve/deny players will allow them to at least get some idea if they actually read the LFG note in some cases (looking for a certain class, other class joins, things like that). It's about making sure the players have the power they need to use the tool effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I do agree, I just think it'll lead to people like myself who don't have the experience/confidence being shunned by those like Mel who don't want to babysit people, but thats life again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    True, but those people will already vote kick you from the group if you join them while they're trying to put together a speed run or something. Making the group able to approve/deny players will allow them to at least get some idea if they actually read the LFG note in some cases (looking for a certain class, other class joins, things like that). It's about making sure the players have the power they need to use the tool effectively.
    I'll respond to both of you at once:

1. I'm very clear in what I'm looking for when advertising "LF Experienced Zerk Wars". If you come in and link PVT gear it's normal that you get insta kicked. If you come in and run Dolyak Signet and Signet of Stamina, it's normal you'll get kicked, if you ENTER the dungeon as anything but a warrior you'll get kicked and so on.
    2. Giving me the tools to not have to kick people for 10minutes (resulting in me being annoyed in the end) will make it a more pleasurable experience for both sides. On my side I won't have to: list, ask something, wait for a reply, kick, REPEAT. And you won't get in to be put through this "abuse".
    3. An accept button will help a lot since we can simply refuse anyone to enter our party (and unlist us if our group is full) if they're not a warrior. We can also do selections before letting people join: "XXWARRIORSMASHFACEXX wants to join your party" => PM XXWARRIORSMASHFACEXX: "sup man, please link the weapons you use" => I like the reply: accept, I don't like it: deny.

ATM some of my friends are on a break so I'll gladly play with less experienced people (no point in trying to optimise with pugs) as long as I'm informed.
    If I have this awesome LOS-pull that makes it possible to clear an entire room in seconds and someone decides to just run in and die we just lost 20% of our DPS which we probably need. Since if we now wipe Leeroy (and probably others too) will say "why did you pull everything omg" while it was the fault of Leeroy and not me.

A big problem atm is that people randomly join my (SC) groups over and over and over and we lose our listing and have to keep kicking that one guy who doesn't "get it". IMO those people are griefing.

So I basically agree with Rhandric
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    So I basically agree with Rhandric
    So do I, it still will cull players like me, but like I said so be it, Im not in a hardcore raiding guild because of the same sort of reason, and as dungeons are the pinnacle of group organised pve group content (baring 2 new w bosses) in GW2 I don't expect to be carried or slow other people down, but join like minded individuals. Being able to control who joins the group should be in already, seeing as its not a truly random lfg feature.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-10-01 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Random people = random chances idiots unfortunately
    Well, it's the same as it was before. It's just that instead of advertising in city/zone chat, they have another place to advertise. I don't see why people would be any worse than before.

And I finally got into the beta for it! I need to spend some time in the next few days finding groups that will put up with a scrub like me and finally running some dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I finally got into the beta for it! I need to spend some time in the next few days finding groups that will put up with a scrub like me and finally running some dungeons.
    Beta is over it's for everyone now
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, it's the same as it was before. It's just that instead of advertising in city/zone chat, they have another place to advertise. I don't see why people would be any worse than before.

Because people can auto join your group is why, hence the auto join debate, which is not what happened before the lfg feature.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-10-01 at 07:24 AM.

Im ok with profession preference, I dislike ridiculous requirements some groups like "4k AP min zerker only!" is that even possible? I have all exotics and 4/6 ascended accessories and 20 points invested into my prof's power trait line and 25 stack of bloodlust and im still 200 power short of 4000 do i have to be BIS to run a crappy CoF that Icould teach fresh 80s in 20ish mins?
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

There are some people who will do anything to shave mere seconds off a run...that said, I would hope those people would be smart enough to not try to pug for that type of run

They probably mean achievement points (but yes 4k power is possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    They probably mean achievement points (but yes 4k power is possible)
    w/o might? unless an ascended wep and 2 ascended accessories add up to 100 more AP than exotics and thats ridiculous since its basically BIS. Also achievement points? Well they are already stupid for having ridiculous requirements but achievement prove nothing other than how much you care for living story/dailies, how long you've played or if you played GW which is all irrelevant to speed runs.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

Not without might no.