Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What, exactly, do you expect us to fire missiles at?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I assumed they were referring to the French's disinterest in intervening in anything worldwide (typically siding with China on UN issues).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    op hates obama, making ridiculous claims and comparing a great country to france, another great country but cmon apples to oranges here.
    And then this, of course. Op has some issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The new France can indicate 2 things, 1 the US GOVERNMENT has become a warmongering state - 2 the US surrenders a lot.

Fixed. And Lol US surrenders a lot. Did I miss something?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What are you talking about? Your post makes no sense. Obama weakest president compared to who? Bush? The guy who went into Iraq for his daddy's oil company?
    Show proof of your claims. Conspiracy Theories have no place on these threads.

Obama is a very weak president. From the so called "phony scandals" to his economic record, to his decision to apologize to all people for America, and now this; it is evident we need a new one in 2016. Rock-star Presidents rarely work out, or live up to the hype, much like Diablo 3.

We need a newblood in office. One that is not endorsed, or sponsored in any way by Obama. One that is also not sponsored by the Republicans, as some elements of the Tea Party are just as bad. Regarding the current administration.. this president reminds me of President Harding. He talks some good points, but places cronies in key places. His worst act though is his signature legislation, Obama-Care, which one will hope people will continue to defy and fight as seems to be the case.

The mandate relies on people's cooperation and the last poll I read showed only 15% signup for exchanges and support. So that in mind it may be the new "Prohibition". A law that the Government tries to enforce but really can't and will damn the party that tries to. It might be a noble goal to achieve health-care reform, but the way the Democrats did it was not the way the American people wished it to be, and so they will likely continue to suffer until they own up and throw out the bill they made law; but did not read. Voters rarely forgive outright defiance to their wishes, and that was what Pelosi, Reid and Obama did.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-08-31 at 10:06 PM. Reason: The usual, fixing typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardance View Post
    Obama did not "draw the red line with chemical weapons", he simply repeated what every POTUS has said about using chemical, biological, and radiological weapons since JFK. This has been US foreign policy for a very long time.

Remember that one of the so-called justifications for the invasion of Iraq promoted by Dick Cheney and George Bush was that Saddam Hussein had "weapons of mass destruction" -- including chemical weapons and nuclear weapons. The truth was that Iraq no longer possessed any chemical weapons, and never possessed any nuclear weapons. They didn't even have a functioning nuclear reactor after the Israelis destroyed the one that they were building long before year 2000, a well-known fact. Two bigger liars have never held office in the federal goverment than they.

Yet, Ronald Reagan did nothing when Saddam Hussein ordered his army to use poison gas to kill about 5000 men, women, and children of all ages in Halabja during a rebellion by the Kurds. The question is whether we will continue to do nothing while Basher Assad's army uses poison gas to commit indiscriminate mass murder on those who are rebelling against his regime. Mr. Obama is not in favor of doing nothing, whether using cruise missles to destroy the chemical weapon armories will be effective.
    Obama has committed himself to respond to what happen'd in Syria, all this delays and his attempts to go back on his commitment do not show him in the brightest light and they do hurt his and the US prestige across the world

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    op hates obama, making ridiculous claims and comparing a great country to france, another great country but cmon apples to oranges here.
    And not I do not hate anyone, I just think this whole situation is ridiculous and if you do not want to get involved do not say you want to get involved, it weakens all of the western countries.

Lol. This made me giggle.
    something that didn't even make sense makes you giggle like a school girl, interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    What, exactly, do you expect us to fire missiles at?
    I do not have a clue, and I really do not care, if you say you are going to do something just do it, do not keep saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I wasnt taking a dig, im just replying based on what France was known for: wars and most recently as a joke, surrendering.
    it still doesn't make sense, what are you trying to imply? That USA is the new france and surrenders now?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Show proof of your claims. Conspiracy Theories have no place on these threads.

Obama is a very weak president. From the so called "phony scandals" to his economic record, to his decision to apologize to all people for America, and now this; it is evident we need a new one in 2016. Rock-star Presidents rarely work out, or live up to the hype, much like Diablo 3.

We need a newblood in office. One that is not endorsed, or sponsored in any way by Obama. One that is also not sponsored by the Republicans, as some elements of the Tea Party are just as bad. Regarding the current administration.. this president reminds me of President Harding. He talks some good points, but places cronies in key places. His worst act though is his signature legislation, Obama-Care, which one will hope people will continue to defy and fight as seems to be the case.

The mandate relies on people's cooperation and the last poll I read showed only 15% signup for exchanges and support. So that in mind it may be the new "Prohibition" A law that the Government tries to enforce but really can't and will damn the party that tries to.
    Nothing in this post is correct, or accurate . . . or, shit, rational. And what the fuck are you talking about regarding conspiracy theories?

Do we really need a new President in 2016? Really? Because, I'm not sure if you know, but we kinda HAVE to, because presidents only get two terms now. Jesus.

If you hate Obama, that's fine - you're entitled to your own misguided and uninformed opinions (Faux "News" fan? I bet you are).
    Last edited by cubby; 2013-08-31 at 10:10 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I do not have a clue, and I really do not care, if you say you are going to do something just do it, do not keep saying.
    Right. You're aware that a President can't just fire at will, right? I mean, if he did, people like you would be up in arms asking why he didn't wait for a coalition or proof. Pick on side and stick to it - don't dance back and forth just so you can up your post rate.

this thread is going places -

Im not going to call you an idiot, but im going to think it, really really hard.

No- the USA is not France.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-08-31 at 10:23 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Nothing in this post is correct, or accurate. You bring up conspiracy theories, not me.

Do we really need a new President in 2016? Really? Because, I'm not sure if you know, but we kinda HAVE to, because presidents only get two terms now. Jesus.

If you hate Obama, that's fine - you're entitled to your own misguided and uninformed opinions (Faux "News" fan? I bet you are).
    First of all why does anyone that does not agree with Obama needs to hate him?
    Secondly why do you think that someone that does not agree with your opinions is misguided and uninformed?

- - - Updated - - -

Right. You're aware that a President can't just fire at will, right? I mean, if he did, people like you would be up in arms asking why he didn't wait for a coalition or proof. Pick on side and stick to it - don't dance back and forth just so you can up your post rate.
    I am no military expert and I cannot suggest anyone where to attack, I was referring to them saying it would be done with missles, clearly they know what to hit if they offered it, further I never left the side I sticked with, when you say you want to do something just do it, do not throw empty threats to the room because it will make you look weak.
    Last edited by Goldeneagle; 2013-08-31 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in this post is correct. Nothiing.

Obama doesn't put his foot in his mouth when he speaks (examples? anyone?). He's one of the most gifted orators the US presidency has seen in the last 100 years. Only beaten by Roosevelt, Kennedy and Clinton. You are thinking of Bush - that idiot couldn't open his mouth without putting his foot in it, then shoving the whole mess up his ass.

He's not bluffing about Syria - the remaining western world countries and just too afraid of Putin and China right now to weigh in (read some news articles or something, get your brain in the game).

I seriously doubt you're obtuse enough to think Obama is stupid.
    The glow from the Obama shrine is hurting my eyes. It's like kryptonite.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    this thread is going places -

Im not going to call you are an idiot, but im going to think it, really really hard.

No- the USA is not France.
    Ok, this is much better than anything I've put up. Still lol'ing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Rofl, well, the blinders you have on should block most of the glow. Don't worry if you don't understand the complicated issues, just stick to the simple ones and you'll keep electing the Tea Baggers. They love your willful ignorance.

No offence to France but I did notice that people compare the French army to failed military campaigns even thou they have the most victories across europe, and because France did man up after the US chickened out (or more specificly Obama).
    France did send their soldiers to Mali recently... But that didn't end well for anybody. Haven't read of any actual fighting between the French and the Tuaregs.
    That situation reminded me of this gif:

French troops being the big fish.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand the US not wanting to get pulled into the Syrian war, it is very logical, however 100 missles without 1 single troop landing on Syrian land will not drag the US into Syria
    There is a reason why armies still use troops rather then all missiles. Attacking Syria, and actually committing to the attack and out come, will require some troop presence. Whether it is just training personnel for the rebels or security for other personnel on the ground. If you want the job done right you need to see it through with whatever it takes.

Gone are the days of where you just do what you want and not care about the outcome. Remember Bin Laden was once funded by the United States and his resentment grew from how the US abandoned him and his cause after they got what they want out of him.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Are you done yet?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I assumed they were referring to the French's disinterest in intervening in anything worldwide (typically siding with China on UN issues).
    .... I guess you haven't looked up at France's involvement in the middle east and Africa lately.