Deleted

[Feral- PVP] 5.4 and Feral gear

Greetings!
    I'll start by saying that I've just returned to wow after a year and I'd like to start playing pvp on a medium level.
    I've also checked wowhead with its list of changes in 5.4 (http://www.wowhead.com/news=218738/s...more#pvp-druid) and I really think that it seems AMAZING for people like me, who are not expert pvp'ers.
    But let's get to the point:

I was checking Noxxic's feral guide when I saw something that surprised me: (Patch 5.3 introduced major changes to PvP Resilience and PvP Power to reduce their effectiveness. In general, traditional secondary stats like Crit, Haste, and Mastery are now much more effective in PvP.)
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/druid/feral/stat-priority

Does that mean that LFR gear (ilv 528) from Siege of Orgrimmar is going to be better than Tyrannical gear (Ilevel 496)?
    I read that base resilence is going up to 72% (from 65%) which probably reduces even more the need for pvp gear.
    Plus, noxxic doesn't even suggest gemming for resilence or pvp power anymore.

I'm asking this because I would like to start the new season "in shape", what's your opinion? Will you be using some pve gear?
    The pvp set offers two very good bonuses, and the new change on trinkets add 10% damage reduction (I guess if you have two of them equipped)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2013-08-31 at 11:58 PM.

PvE gear ilvl will be reduced down to the same lvl as pvp gear and pve trinkets will have the worst proc rate in the world so PvP gear should be better just because of the pvp power on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domatic View Post
    PvE gear ilvl will be reduced down to the same lvl as pvp gear and pve trinkets will have the worst proc rate in the world so PvP gear should be better just because of the pvp power on it.
    That's very interesting! Actually thinking about it I shouldn't have jumped from 5.2 to 5.4 without reading a 5.3 pvp post before.

I found this blizzard post (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806/) which explained tons of things to me. ^^
    As I understood the gear ilevel (which means also his stats I guess) will be reduced to 496, with the exception of the new conquest gear of course.

Thanks a lot mate. ^^

Some trinkets might be nice..
    I could have sworn i read something about them only slowly scaling pve-gear up. One ilvl pr week, starting from 502 up to something like 518 or so, while the pvp gear will be at full lvl. I just can't find any post about it, so i might have been dreaming >.<

But even if we discard that, you gain a lot of power from the pvp-gear unlike the pve-gear, so unless you have a completely insane tier-bonus it should only be some pve-trinkets that is worth it. Cd reduction-trinket might be pretty nice.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away