Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if this is "legal" aka okey with blizzards rules?

Don't want to obtain these awesome wings and risk getting banned in the process.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Don't want to obtain these awesome wings and risk getting banned in the process.
    I am more curious if it is possible to obtain other stuff using this gimmick

Deleted

Hard to say, I personally think its safe. Its not like you get and advantage in some way or really disrupting things with them. But there is only one way to be 100% safe, and that's not to do it.

Had em for a while on my rogue, tried to keep it a secret so I avoided telling people about it when asked haha :P

Lets spread this more! and push blizzard to fix this bug! so we can avoid enjoying it!
    good bye wings... its been a great pleasure hangin out with you...

blizz doesn't ban for shit. i bot, spam /2 with nonsense, i have AGT (addon) argue with everyone on the server via whisper until they just give up
    nothing

blizz has lost 5,000,000 subs in less than 3 years, they can't afford to ban people. if they cared about the game more than the subs they'd never have turned wow into what it is today

Quote Originally Posted by EnvyDT View Post
    guys, this makes me resubscribe ;D what about entering raid or dungeon? will they disappear?
    just dont re-subscribe more than a month. This trick is getting more popular by the minute and thus will raise the alarm. eventually it will be hot/fixed like any other fun things in the game we quietly discover. keep it to a monthly sub :P

Glitches like this are never bannable, because you aren't exploiting anything with it.

By the way, the wings actually make noise. It's the same noise the mantid have. My assumption is that the wings and the noise are tied together as some object separate from the mantid, and this is why we can end up like this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimtu View Post
    Lets spread this more! and push blizzard to fix this bug! so we can avoid enjoying it!
    good bye wings... its been a great pleasure hangin out with you...
    i know right ive had my wings for over a moth now and now everyone will have them and it will be fixed, fun while it lasted

i just told everyone my mother was raped by a moth...

Quote Originally Posted by roosty View Post
    i just told everyone my mother was raped by a moth...
    omg why didn't i think of that ! thats hilarious! hahaha!!
    i just kept telling them random crap about Being in the League of Assassins... >_> batman stuff...

This will also prolly give blizzard a new idea after they hotfix it.

inb4: Cosmetic Wings in Blizzard Store!
    Last edited by Vimtu; 2013-09-01 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    I started telling people that I was in the Swing Club (Secret Wing Club) and that if they wanted to join a discretionary fee would be charged *will not appear on any itemised bill*

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Vimtu View Post
    just dont re-subscribe more than a month. This trick is getting more popular by the minute and thus will raise the alarm. eventually it will be hot/fixed like any other fun things in the game we quietly discover. keep it to a monthly sub :P
    I dunno. This seems like it should be really low on their list, as it is basically a free feature.

Haha nice. They'll probably patch it ofc :P

PSST Blizzard... vanity item...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given it was posted on a certain website with lots of things that can and will get you banned, and it being a way of bugging your Character mode I'd assume it can get you banned or at least a warning. Either way, I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Blizzard aren't that keen on these things staying, which is why the Glyph of Disguise got severe limitations very shortly after it hit live.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    It's a bug, nothing more. haha!

Deleted
    You won't get banned for doing this, at worst it's a "creative use of game mechanics" (glyph and killing yourself at the correct moment) for a physical look with no possible implication to yours or other peoples game play. As others have said it is just a fancy bug

Believe me we've got away with far worse in the past throughout TBC me and many others used client edits to make our races appear different (this was long before paid race changes) so our taurens could look like Belves and no repercussions ever came from it even when I discussed it with a GM, many people are maybe even still doing it now who knows.

Regardless don't worry this is no different than Hunters taming Hydras or Spirit Wolves it's just a fun little bug that will be fixed at some point so enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    (glyph and killing yourself at the correct moment)
    I'd highly recommend people do it the OP's way. Requires absolutely no timing and absolutely no deaths.

Deleted
    tried like 400 times w/o any glyphs, was about to go crazy and then i was like, Derp no glyphs and got it on the first attempt after i put in the right glyphs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain
    By the way, the wings actually make noise. It's the same noise the mantid have. My assumption is that the wings and the noise are tied together as some object separate from the mantid, and this is why we can end up like this.
    Sadly enough this also gives blizzard a great excuse for fixing the glitch, as there's already been a thread on the official forums about the noise. Pretty sure pickpocketing a non-mantid mob would fix their issue, but whatever.

butterfly wings next pls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I'd highly recommend people do it the OP's way. Requires absolutely no timing and absolutely no deaths.
    I will next time but I managed to do it first time with the falling and splatting.