Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    nice find but that music in the video gave me cancer

that's cool as shit, thnx OP
    The light always shines the brightest in it's darkest hour

Deleted
    Just entered and left a bg without them falling off, does that mean im stuck with them forever? =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hatethisbit View Post
    Just entered and left a bg without them falling off, does that mean im stuck with them forever? =P
    Muhahah just as planned! But I guess you can always try to enter again or try an arena and if that does not work then I have no clue ^^

Deleted
    Just equipt the glyphs again, fully transform to another humanoid and enter combat, then you loose them

Taking bets, which will be fixed first:

1)- That you cannot cancel the pre-tortos screen by clicking "yes", and you have to watch the whole cinema, as if it is CITIZEN FUCKING KANE
    2)- That if you use combo points on half the bosses in this tier and probably next, you lose combo points and/or the marked for death debuff.
    3)- That sometimes you will be unable to click anything on the dungeon UI until you reload.
    4)- That the glyph screen sometimes turns to black mud.
    5)- That sometimes all your gearsets will go away and be unusable.
    6)- Sometimes when you marked for death as a mob gets blasted by a big hit, it stays on cooldown.

7)- ROGUE WINGS MUST FIX

Its clearly going to be #1 because SoO is Tuesday and you know they were just waiting for us to no longer need ToT to allow us to finally skip that crap. Fixing 2-6 would be a nice QoL fix so those are obviously never happening!

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this via the falling to your death strat. I will say this, it was cool for the first day but then the next you are just dying to get them off lol. At least for me it was. The constant whispers asking me how I got them were hilarious though.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyway how can you remove this wings ???

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been able to make them not appear to me, but others say they can still see them or only one of them (hey, I'm Sephiroth!!).

I unequipped my shoulders (didn't try any other piece of gear), reloaded my UI and people said that only one wing was visible...until I used Mr. Smite's Brass Compass. The wings returned upon using it >,<

Deleted
    Wonder if there could be consequences for this.
    As trivial as it may be, it´s still exploiting a bug on paper..
    No idea how Blizzards normal stance is on trivial exploits like this, not like it´s harming anyone or really affects the game.

EDIT:
    Also, cant help wondering if there are other mobs that will result in some partial transform like this..

It's not an exploit. For it to be an exploit you have to find a bug and then use it maliciously- to damage the economy (an infinite gold or item bug would qualify), to disrupt game experience of others (a gank unflagged lowbies bug or invincibility bug in a BG would qualify), or to trivialize content (the guy one shotting Ulduar with Martin Thunder would qualify).

A cosmetic bug that isn't disruptive (aka, LFR full of Gruuls) isn't something you need to worry about at all.

Are there other mobs? I don't know. I think the wings are an artifact of how they are coded or something. It seems very likely that other creatures should have this property.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    It's not an exploit. For it to be an exploit you have to find a bug and then use it maliciously- to damage the economy (an infinite gold or item bug would qualify), to disrupt game experience of others (a gank unflagged lowbies bug or invincibility bug in a BG would qualify), or to trivialize content (the guy one shotting Ulduar with Martin Thunder would qualify).
    Yeah well that´s a bit semantical about the definition, I was more wondering about their general stance to non malign exploits such as this.
    On paper, this IS a bug, and using it is exploiting that bug, to have some wicked wings that arent meant to be obtainable (unless it´s some wierd easter egg)
    But as we both concluded here, it doesnt do any harm whatsoever to anything, so presumably they shouldn't really mind.
    It´s not like saronite bombing the Lich King or anything, hehe.

Anyway, Everyone go out there and test this on every creature out there.
    Could be limited to pandaria possibly if it´s due to some new setup on the models, could be that the wings are a separate attachement to the base mesh and even on it´s own skeleton.
    Suppose that might not be too hard to find out using some model viewer for WOW?
    Last edited by mmoc3458fbd8f2; 2013-09-05 at 08:08 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Moorden View Post
    I used the way described here: http://i.imgur.com/on89hza.jpg
    Sounds easier than making the mob die while pickpocketing.
    That does look pretty fun! A cool glitch to be sure. Maybe Blizzard will actually do their April Fool's joke and give us wings as a mount... or a cosmetic item of some sort.

I went into a BG and the wings didn't go away. I don't Arena so I can't really try that, but if you want to get rid of the wings proper, just go back with glyph of disguise and just normally pickpocket the same mantid without doing anything special. May work with other mobs as well but I did it on the same enemy type I did the trick on.

I did this with one of the wingblades east of the Spine in Valley of the Four Winds. Sapped one of the low flyers, installed glyph of disguise(make sure to uninstall the fall damage glyph) and made a pickpocket macro that spammed it. Took off armor, flew up, dismounted, spammed macro. died, and done. Also the wings will go away if you unequip your shoulders but come back when you alter your model in any way(stealth, mount, hearth, use some kind of transformation, enter combat)

Deleted
    Wings will also disappear when you visit the barber shop (but will come back when you mount up), also it seems you can't do pet battles (with trainers) with them - whenever I tried I'd get an error "Can't do that while in combat"...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    1)- That you cannot cancel the pre-tortos screen by clicking "yes", and you have to watch the whole cinema, as if it is CITIZEN FUCKING KANE
    Thank god that you can skip that thing by going right in front of the bridge and jumping down into the hole.. x_x

I had a dream this night that blizz had hotfixed this, but they created a "glyph of bug wings" as compensation lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The mantis wings seem to be a unique item model in the game. The mantid are the only race that can either have or not have wings, hence the wings bieng seperate from the model. I've scoured my brain to try and think of any other humanoid that would have a similiar additional model to the main character model and I'm coming up with nothing. I also tried this trick with a valkry in the hopes that I could get valkry wings just because I could't resist going against logic.