Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Constant Candy Crush Redirects

I can't browse this site on my phone without having a malicious ad open my play store every 30 seconds to download some candy crush game.

It's infuriating. Only on this site, only on Android. Almost going on a week now.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Does android have an adblock for its browser?

Yeah I'm having the same issue on my phone as well.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. There is Adblock Plus for Android, but from what I read, it only works when you're on WiFi, and sadly we don't have that at work. Like others have said, only happens on this site.

Ended up doing a phone reset thinking it was some crap on my phone. Came back, happened again.

Then, before finding this thread, I downloaded AdBlock Plus and still getting redirected.

I'm stuck at this truck stop til tomorrow night. I was excited to have 4G but this is downright annoying. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Reported this to the ad guys 2 days ago; pinged them again today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still happening, on an Android based Samsung Galaxy S3, using the default web browser. Happens on almost every thread clicked.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens as soon as you close it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Still happening, on an Android based Samsung Galaxy S3, using the default web browser. Happens on almost every thread clicked.
    Still happening today. Also on samsung galaxy s3. I believe it is isolated to this site but I'm on this site quite a bit so am not 100% sure.

Still happening and it's very annoying.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a mobile app, would eliminate so many problems and make the site function more properly on mobile devices.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've been having the same prob on my galaxy s3. I like the game...but if this shit doesn't stop I'm going to delete it. Its very annoying when I'm trying to browse the internet to constantly be thrown to google play store for this game.

I has the same thing happen on my HTC browser. I ended up downloading Google chrome for android and it hasn't happened since I use it. I couldn't figure out what caused it. Antivirus and anti-malware came back clean.

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Until it's fixed, I won't be viewing MMO-C on my phone.

I hope this gets a fix soon. I don't mind ads like on my pc rise of mythos and other stuff but the playstore candy crush saga pop ups are slowing down my browsers 4 times more than normal ads

disabling your browser's javascript works but you can't see video's on front page and stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our ad guys are working as hard as they can to track it down and remove it; if anyone can get more information about the redirect URL or which ad this comes from, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmteg99 View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. There is Adblock Plus for Android, but from what I read, it only works when you're on WiFi, and sadly we don't have that at work. Like others have said, only happens on this site.
    There is a way to get it working on non-WiFi.

If you go into Settings->Wireless and Network / More Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names, then copy down your current APN settings. Make a new one with the same settings, the proxy settings, and ABP should work over your mobile connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Our ad guys are working as hard as they can to track it down and remove it; if anyone can get more information about the redirect URL or which ad this comes from, please let us know.
    I haven't seen it happen again today maybe I got lucky. Sometimes it said failed to load http://market.candycrush it was more but I'm sure there was a market in the redirect url

- - - Updated - - -

Double post but important one, i got hold of the url since the ad sometimes appear at the top along with cant load page. Its been happening like crazy today the url is : market://details?id=com.king.candycrushsaga&referrer=cid156-1378762469778-1630

Seriously the candy crush saga redirect ad changed my state of mind on the game. It was might try it eventually when i was seeing the picture ads. Now it is more like: im going to bomb this company and tell everyone they suck without even trying their game like i had planned to

Not going terrorist its just an image of my frustration btw
    Last edited by Damax; 2013-09-09 at 10:35 PM.

Same thing started happening today again after a few quiet days of no redirecting. From reading on google its a tracking cookie on the phone that redirects you? I just dont allow cookies as a temp fix. And I started noticing it happening when reading blue posts from the Blue tracker.