I feel our DPS is low for our ilevel...

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and giving me some insight.

Some quick background: Currently my group is 11/13HM and making the final push to hopefully kill Lei Shen before the patch drops. However, I feel our DPS is low, and it hasn't just been on LS but also earlier in the patch/expansion as well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-js77mgt12bmg63od/ is our latest World of Logs for Lei Shen. The Ret pally was his first night on the boss and the other pally and DK are the tanks.

We two heal it, but I have to fistweave so that the DPS is up to par.

If anyone has any suggestions/comments, please let me know, I love the group I run with but again the DPS seems pretty sub-standard.
    Last edited by Valored; 2013-09-01 at 02:59 AM.

Yea your DPS is pretty low. Most recent kills have every non-tank DPS at 150k+.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uz...?s=7116&e=7630

In all honesty it could be better but if you have the dps to get to Lei Shen HC then you have the dps to kill it.

I found our raids dps improved as people got used to the fight. As long as you transition at the right time (ie not after balls spawn or at the time bouncing bolts happen) then who cares? More dps will make the last phase shorter but only by seconds. Having said that the last phase is hell so you want it over with asap.

The only advice I can offer is the tanks should taunt back and forth a little for vengeance as long as it doesn't interfere with decaps or fusion slash. For instance I pull the boss and my co-tank taunts at the first crashing thunder for vengeance, then I take the boss back. This is especially useful for cleave when ball lightnings are about to spawn. 2 tanks on the vengeance steroid beat one!

Deleted
    Pretty much what Deja said above. Lei Shen works like a clockwork, everything happens on timers and are predictable. Give it more goes and you will be fine

Tank DPS is really low. It should be double the ammount it is now. Keeping vengeance up helps a lot. Your tanks can do this by taunt switching when vengeance falls off. There is tricks to cheese this mechanic, but I dont think your tanks are ready for it yet.

Example: " Tank A has aggro. Tank B has debuff in P1. Tank B taunts boss and sits first strike, resulting in about 300-400k vengeance, then Tank A taunt immediately back and gets 150k-200k vengeance + sits first strike. Boom its on 250k. If Tank B does too much aggro just use Hand of Salvation."
    But I dont suggest sitting for vengeance if your tanks aint aware of how much boss hits and taunt swaps are new thing.

Here's our last two logs (we use three healers):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=3085&e=3680
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=5022&e=5563
    Last edited by mmoc8b013c39a0; 2013-09-01 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valored View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to read this post and giving me some insight.

Some quick background: Currently my group is 11/13HM and making the final push to hopefully kill Lei Shen before the patch drops. However, I feel our DPS is low, and it hasn't just been on LS but also earlier in the patch/expansion as well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-js77mgt12bmg63od/ is our latest World of Logs for Lei Shen. The Ret pally was his first night on the boss and the other pally and DK are the tanks.

We two heal it, but I have to fistweave so that the DPS is up to par.

If anyone has any suggestions/comments, please let me know, I love the group I run with but again the DPS seems pretty sub-standard.
    Looking at your 8:26 try (#9)

Overall your buffs/debuffs are looking pretty bad. On a fight like leishen you can't get 100% uptime because of intermissions, but you can get >90%.

As an example your ret pally only has 64% uptime on inquisition. That's 30% holy damage and 10% crit chance he is missing for a bit less than half of the encounter.

On a non DPs related way, i see he is using Hand of Purity. Afaik leishen has no dots whatsoever, so he doesn't really need to use it.

The rest of your DPS look the same, nothing really awful but plenty of room for improvement

Your DK tank could afford to swap some stuff around to get more dps. As people have said, there are tactical things your tanks can do to improve their dps through vengeance but also he should consider running a little bit more haste over mastery unless you're having healing issues. If he came down to 180% mastery from his 200 and put that into haste, he would feel the difference. Also, dps runeforge on the weapon will help a lot and if he has one he could be using a dps trinket. Gaze of the Twins or the Primordius trinket (or both) are really good for Blood tanks, plus equipping pretty much anything would be an improvement over the Soul Barrier he has on at the moment. It's total crap.

The ret paladin is terrible auto attacks is his 2nd highest? how is that even possible?

First night doesn't matter since he does about 40% of my damage.

Both his trinkets aren't considered BiS, Holy avenger sucks dick why is h e even using it? If you want to kill H lei shen you're gonna need to use ppl who actually know how to play their class.

should have pandaren step on his shoes for 8% move speed so he can move faster since speed of light is usually the better talent to have. This is a pretty big one.

And his cloak is gemmed wrong.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-01 at 02:00 PM.

People in your raid have some interesting ideas about what gear/gems/enchants to use I'll give you that :P. Maybe you can get them to check the guides here, that's a good start.
    The best spot for a young warlock to be at is around 9800 haste (I think 9778) and since he's affliction 13,7k would probably the best place for him to be. He's stacking mastery for some reason even tho he's really close to a haste break point. Demo is sexier on that fight but that's my opinion.

Your entire raid group simply stops DPS for some reason after 20 seconds(most CD"s end) and after they just do... nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the other posters that say that your tank DPS is low. We haven't killed it ourselves yet but usually at the end of P1 I'm sitting at 200k+ and my co-tank is sitting at 100-140k, and at the end of p2 I'm sitting at 250-300k and my co-tank is at 140k. It makes a huge difference when you have tanks that know how to utilise vengeance.

I went back and had a look on our lei shen kill, our average dps was around 165k, and that was a couple months ago. If you plan on doing this with two healers you will probably want to up it some to reduce the stacks you get in the last phase at the very least.

Thanks for your input guys (and gals), I really appreciate it!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth is your monk tank getting out damaged by a fucking blood dk? That makes no sense at all. By all means, have the blood dk pull first, but the monk should really be a LOT higher than that. I don't raid 10H btw so just going off of 25H. But have your monk eat the decaps. Don't know if a blood dk can do it as we don't have one for lei shen, but the monk def. can eat a couple of them. Zen Med one, dampen/fort one, etc.

We have a thread on the monk forums (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...10HM-Solo-Tank) on how to solo tank H:Lei Shen, you may want your monk to check it.

Sorry not a brewmaster, the monk is a mistweaver.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your pally tank should still be doing a hell of a lot more either way.

It doesn't look like anyone is doing their openers correctly. I'm looking at ~400k bursts on just about everyone most pulls when in reality they should easily be 600k, maybe even more for the lock/rogue sometimes.

If you can get past animus (zerg or non-zerg), you cannot possibly have a dps problem. Lei-Shen has nothing to do with dps at all. we 2 tank and 3 heal it and we have to STOP dps in p1 and p2 as we want clean transitions just after the first bouncing ball cast in P1 and just after the first bouncing ball cast and the following ball lightning spawn in p2.

typically we hold dps on 68%, wait for bouncing balls and then push to transition. in P2 we hold on 35%, deal with bouncing balls and when the ball lightnings spawn, we then aoe them on top of him and push into transition. I don't even nuke any more as a healer as it's just pointless.

Doing the whole thing with 3 healers is obviously pretty boring for those healers in p1 and p2 as there's nothing to heal, but having a healer on each platform in the transitions just simplifies things a bit.

Looking through your log I don't see what you mean with dps problems either. I only checked 4-5 of your 4-7 minute wipes and each one was to ball lightning and diffusion chain. It seems you guys are handling this very, very poorly. for example:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9507&e=9532

Multiple people getting hit by multiple summon ball lightning? spread out! you should have exactly 3 hit by 1 each and spawn exactly those 3 ball lightnings. you can do 4 (we do that as well) just to give you a bit more room for error as if you have exactly 3 outside of melee and one guy fucks up, you probably wipe. But more then 4 is silly. and no one should get hit by more then 1 summon.

plus your rogue and DK get hit. that means they spawned on melee. that is terrible. have 3-4 people stand outside and they will only spawn on them. really, looking through your logs its mostly just bad positioning for ball lightning and diffusion chain. all your 9 min + wipes the killing blows on players are ball lightning or diffusion chain dmg. dps isn't your problem. dealing with the mechanics properly is. sort that out and you'll kill it.

You have an amazing comp for Lei Shen. It looks like you're making it to p3 and should be killing it easily once there.

Set up gateway from Bouncing Bolt to Overcharge platform. Tank boss in middle between these platforms. Warlock set up personal portal in melee.

Your 4 ranged (hunter, druid, pally, and lock) go to one of the gateways for thunderstruck. When Thunderstruck spawns, all but the lock take the gateway. The lock uses his teleport into melee.

Ball Lightnings spawn on the 3 ranged who took the gateway. Alternate Gorefiend's->Ursol's->Gorefiends.

Have your warrior mass spell reflect diffusion chain.