Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Video card please for under 75$

I am looking for a video card for cheap money that will play wow with decent settings.. I want to stay under 75$.
    My computer is a Pentium Dual core 2.2 with 4 GB ram. My power supply is 305w..trying to get this computer up to par for 5.4 release..

Thanks in advance

Radeon HD 6670 DDR3

the only option i can find for you, it might be better if you ask in the computer section.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    Radeon HD 6670 DDR3

the only option i can find for you, it might be better if you ask in the computer section.
    I was about to link that same one :P

That one is decent for something under your budget

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    Radeon HD 6670 DDR3

needs a 400 watt power supply http://www.microcenter.com/product/3...x16_Video_Card

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the one Toms hardware said was un-touchabe for the price

Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    i think any upgrade might require power supply change. you might need to bite the bullet.

what is the issue of your current setup ?

Thats the one Toms hardware said was un-touchabe for the price
    it is tom's best entry card for August 13

Is your current video card so old that a $75 card will be a big upgrade?
    My computer is a Pentium Dual core 2.2
    Could mean a few different things, but I'm guessing that this is what's having a hard time in WoW. Unfortunately not as easy to upgrade as a video card either.

If you want to know exactly what you have, download and run http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and it will give you more details on your hardware.

I know what i have,,,its a dual core processor @ 2.2...the specs i have now are great for wow, but there is NO video card, my old computer was less then this one and it had a 8500GT video card and it played wow Perfect for me at 50 FPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Is your current video card so old that a $75 card will be a big upgrade?

Could mean a few different things, but I'm guessing that this is what's having a hard time in WoW. Unfortunately not as easy to upgrade as a video card either.

If you want to know exactly what you have, download and run http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and it will give you more details on your hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) The 6670 doesn't need a 400w PSU. You should be fine.
    2) If you're excited for 5.4, that pretty much implies you're excited for raiding. It'll be a painful experience with your CPU, unless you're fine running on medium or lower graphics.

I imagine your old computer with the 8500 ran wow 'perfect' at '50fps' on similar settings.. Or like 6 years ago when that stuff was good.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... Intel Dual Core 2.2GHz...
    unless it's a laptop (in which case you can not upgrade the graphics card), you have either the C2D E4500, the Pentium E2200 or the Pentium G620T. With the former two you won't have a good time raiding at all, and even the last one will struggle with 10man (don't think about 25man).

Putting that aside, if you still want to upgrade the video card, i suggest this: MSI Radeon 7750
    At $80 it is only $5 more, but is roughly 50% faster (the benchmark is with GDDR5 memory, but it's also up to 80% faster)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

This is on amazon for 85$ after shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

XFX AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5. Its more long then big and its what I am currently using "chazus " helped me pick it out awhile back when I had 100$ for a new card. I was originaly using a AMD 6450 myself.

Right off hand don't know how it fars compared to the cards others have posted But it was a major improvement for me. If you are worryed about the Power Supply you could get a ok 450W for around a extra 10$-15$

My Computer Spec Is
    Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600
    Video Card: XFX 7750 Core Edition 1GB DDR5
    Resolution: 1280 x 720.

World of Warcraft is more CPU demanding then GPU so personally I don't think you will see much of a improvement due to your CPU being Intel Pemtium D and I think that was there first brand of Dual Core. I don't play wow so sorry that I can't tell you how it runs on it but my old 6450 ran it on medium settings so I'm sure I could run it higher now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-01 at 08:32 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I played up until last month on my old PC and it was an AMD athlon..i raided fine in LFR , still 50 FPS....Im not sure what your talking about, my computer passes the test on Can you run it, minimum and recommended, i just have an Onboard graphics card and it wont play on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    1) The 6670 doesn't need a 400w PSU. You should be fine.
    2) If you're excited for 5.4, that pretty much implies you're excited for raiding. It'll be a painful experience with your CPU, unless you're fine running on medium or lower graphics.

I imagine your old computer with the 8500 ran wow 'perfect' at '50fps' on similar settings.. Or like 6 years ago when that stuff was good.

It might pass the test for recommended, but those tests are done for open world, not raiding. Raiding will stress your CPU and you won't really see anything at 50fps.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

If can spend a extra $10-15 or so, you can snag a HD 7750 or for $73 you can snag a HD 6770. I would go for the 7750 as it uses less power than the 6770 and they only have 2 left at that price and it is better in every category compared to the 6670.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I played up until last month on my old PC and it was an AMD athlon..i raided fine in LFR , still 50 FPS...
    In open world maybe but there is no way you ran it in LFR or even 10man raiding those are the parts that really push the CPU.

In my current build "read my sig" I could run a Geforce Titan "If I spelled that right" and still not get 50+ because WoW is more CPU demanding then GPU. What settings are you running wow currently because if your using a Intel Pentium D thats about a 7 year old cpu or so so a GPU upgrade mite not make much of a difference.

But like I said early'er if you have the money get the AMD XFX 7750 1gig GDDR5 + a power supply that cost around 20$.

While Can you run it is a really good site just because it says you can run something dose not mean you will run it the way you want to. AKA if it says you can run D3 dose not mean you can run D3 on high settings.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-01 at 08:31 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played up until last month on my old PC and it was an AMD athlon..i raided fine in LFR , still 50 FPS
    That still doesn't tell what -settings- it was on.

I can get nearly 40fps on my ultra-cheap laptop in raids..... on low settings.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You are nuts, i raided all the time, 10 man and 25 man LFR,,before i quit i was like 535 ilevel... My settings were on medium, but i set distance on high..ran smooth as butter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In open world maybe but there is no way you ran it in LFR or even 10man raiding those are the parts that really push the CPU.

In my current build "read my sig" I could run a Geforce Titan "If I spelled that right" and still not get 50+ because WoW is more CPU demanding then GPU. What settings are you running wow currently because if your using a Intel Pentium D thats about a 7 year old cpu or so so a GPU upgrade mite not make much of a difference.

But like I said early'er if you have the money get the AMD XFX 7750 1gig GDDR5 + a power supply that cost around 20$.

While Can you run it is a really good site just because it says you can run something dose not mean you will run it the way you want to. AKA if it says you can run D3 dose not mean you can run D3 on high settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, yeah. Medium. That's probably the big difference. As long as you stick to medium, you ought to be fine for the most part.

You are nuts, i raided all the time, 10 man and 25 man LFR,,before i quit i was like 535 ilevel... My settings were on medium, but i set distance on high..ran smooth as butter
    I'm sorry but no.

10man maybe but I don't see how you got 50fps doing 25man LFR even on medium settings even more so with distance set to high. Did it run smooth...I'm sure it did hell to me 20fps was smooth but with ur current CPU/GPU/Ram I don't see you having 50fps medium settings in 25man raiding.

But all of that is nether here nore there. For a GPU upgrade I do recommend getting the XFX Core Edition 1GIG GDDR5 that I linked above but you mite need to spend a extar 10-15$ for a power supply to run it.

Given the desire to get an upgrade from my current graphics card, I thought I would chime in here.
    I am running an Nvidia GTS 250, and am wondering which if any of the suggested options would be an upgrade from that.
    Preferences would be for at least equal performance (more would be nice too) with lower power usage (using 2x 6-Pin supplementary), and budget choices since money is tight.

CPU upgrade is going to be a later topic I might bring up.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-02 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Given the desire to get an upgrade from my current graphics card, I thought I would chime in here.
    I am running an Nvidia GTS 250, and am wondering which if any of the suggested options would be an upgrade from that.
    Preferences would be for at least equal performance with lower power usage (using 2x 6-Pin supplementary), and budget choices since money is tight.
    It might help to know your budget and your PSU specs.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760