Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont understand why you dont believe me, who would play a game and raid if its so un-playable? Here is one of me standing, but i will go into LFR 25 man and whjile fighting take a screenshot.. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5194/qifi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    I dont understand why you dont believe me, who would play a game and raid if its so un-playable? Here is one of me standing, but i will go into LFR 25 man and whjile fighting take a screenshot.. http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5194/qifi.jpg
    Just interested in how well it performs, never said I don't believe you but we've had multiple people claiming things that they were never able to back up.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I love proving people wrong...No bottleneck here, not even a skip,,,,im in Que now for LFR..... But everyone didnt even expect me to get 80 FPS in major city, on Bleeding hollow, FULL server http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8840/qh4l.jpg

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5724/9mz8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us This is average...No bottleneck here baby!!!
    Last edited by scotty823j; 2013-09-04 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    PrintScreen won't really show anything unless you do it while in intense phases (e.g. Megaera rampages). We're not talking about standing in a raid, we're talking about combat.
    I love proving people wrong...No bottleneck here, not even a skip,,,,im in Que now for LFR..... But everyone didnt even expect me to get 80 FPS in major city, on Bleeding hollow, FULL server http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8840/qh4l.jpg

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5724/9mz8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

snip raid image

This is average...No bottleneck here baby!!!
    That's not an intense part of a combat, which is what people here are referring to. Oh, and standing in a city doesn't mean with one people in the screen, otherwise it might as well be out in the world. This is why people ask for backups, because nobody is referring to the same thing.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I love proving people wrong...No bottleneck here, not even a skip,,,,im in Que now for LFR..... But everyone didnt even expect me to get 80 FPS in major city, on Bleeding hollow, FULL server

- - - Updated - - -

City screen shot is taken with very few player models in view, just because you can get 80 fps in a small room with very few players doesn't prove much.

For the LFR screen shot more than half the raid is behind you and very few spell effects are going off...you know the things that will cause fps issues.

(removed the links so i can post)

no matter what i do to prove people wrong they will think of something else..First it started out i can run a video card on 305 Watt power supply, then my processor was low, then my GPU isnt good and will bottleneck. Well here is my setup
    Intel pentium core 2 Duo 2.2, 4GB ram, 23" monitor, Geforce 8600GT video card 512 ram, and i can play steady in LFR 25 man 40 FPS +, 10 man is even better and in open world even better. All i was doing is proving that i can play comfortably with this setup on medium setting, distance good. ive played it with less and no issues. oh and thats with addons... bartender4, recount,vuhdo,DBM,galdiatorlos,BGT, etc....

no matter what i do to prove people wrong they will think of something else..First it started out i can run a video card on 305 Watt power supply, then my processor was low, then my GPU isnt good and will bottleneck. Well here is my setup
    Intel pentium core 2 Duo 2.2, 4GB ram, 23" monitor, Geforce 8600GT video card 512 ram, and i can play steady in LFR 25 man 40 FPS +, 10 man is even better and in open world even better. All i was doing is proving that i can play comfortably with this setup on medium setting, distance good. ive played it with less and no issues. oh and thats with addons... bartender4, recount,vuhdo,DBM,galdiatorlos,BGT, etc....
    You haven't proven anything. People don't doubt you can averagely play at 40 fps, they doubt it's a steady 40fps (as in minimums being 40). You've pretty much proven the opposite given that you're getting 40fps with barely anything going on in the screen.

We're not trying to let you down, we're trying to avoid spreading false information.

In you screen shot that you are referring to as proof, you are at 40 fps with half the raid behind you not even attacking the mob(spell affects every where).

I would guess you are somewhere around 20 fps come the beam phase on Drumu.

Maybe you dont know the calculation of averages, average is not minimum. And no matter what the FPS is, its easily playable on medium settings with No bottleneck . Thats all i wanted to prove. My main Goal was to play, with no issues, and i accomplished that. Could it be better? Yes, but it could be worse also.
    You haven't proven anything. People don't doubt you can averagely play at 40 fps, they doubt it's a steady 40fps (as in minimums being 40). You've pretty much proven the opposite given that you're getting 40fps with barely anything going on in the screen.

We're not trying to let you down, we're trying to avoid spreading false information.

Maybe you dont know the calculation of averages, average is not minimum. And no matter what the FPS is, its easily playable on medium settings with No bottleneck . Thats all i wanted to prove. My main Goal was to play, with no issues, and i accomplished that. Could it be better? Yes, but it could be worse also.

I know what average is, you're claiming steady though which is a completely different thing.

steady
    adj.
    1. Firm in position or place; fixed.
    2. Direct and unfaltering; sure.

Again, this is nothing done to let you down. It's done to avoid spreading misinformation around.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-04 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the issue is here, really. Getting 30-40fps isn't that outrageous. On "fair" settings (which they are at). "Fair" is the ticker between "Low" and "Medium" effectively, the second lowest setting. My crappy APU laptop can get about 25-30 in raids on Low settings, so even a Core 2 Duo (which I was using up until late last year, around 5.1), was able to get that pretty reliably. Sure, it would drop, but on average, 30-40 in raids on the not-heavy stuff sounds about right. On "fair" settings. "Fair" to most people is barely playable, let alone 30-40fps. But... It is what it is.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I love proving people wrong...No bottleneck here, not even a skip,,,,im in Que now for LFR..... But everyone didnt even expect me to get 80 FPS in major city, on Bleeding hollow, FULL server

And "intense" part of a fight would be Lei Shen LFR phase 3 during the winds when everyone is in your Field of View and are attacking the boss. That;s the only FPS that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    And "intense" part of a fight would be Lei Shen LFR phase 3 during the winds when everyone is in your Field of View and are attacking the boss. That;s the only FPS that matters.
    Tortos LFR when the boss is under 10% and spewing out turtles like an automatic tennis delivery machine.

Ya because how often is the game played at Lei Shen in phase 3? once a week if your lucky, for 10 minutes LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

We are aware that that 30-40 FPS isnt outrageous, if you followed the conversation you would know that we arent saying that.. Try and keep up with the conversation there dippy
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue is here, really. Getting 30-40fps isn't that outrageous. On "fair" settings (which they are at). "Fair" is the ticker between "Low" and "Medium" effectively, the second lowest setting. My crappy APU laptop can get about 25-30 in raids on Low settings, so even a Core 2 Duo (which I was using up until late last year, around 5.1), was able to get that pretty reliably. Sure, it would drop, but on average, 30-40 in raids on the not-heavy stuff sounds about right. On "fair" settings. "Fair" to most people is barely playable, let alone 30-40fps. But... It is what it is.

Ya because how often is the game played at Lei Shen in phase 3? once a week if your lucky, for 10 minutes LOL

- - - Updated - - -

We are aware that that 30-40 FPS isnt outrageous, if you followed the conversation you would know that we arent saying that.. Try and keep up with the conversation there dippy
    Any reason your resorting to personal insults?

It doesn't matter how often it is done, it is the most accurate way to measure FPS. For the same reason people laugh at you if you take a screenshot in a source game while staring at a wall to make your FPS jump higher.

edit: wasn't this thread about getting a video card like 2 pages ago or did we just get carried away?
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-09-05 at 02:21 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

That is the only time in the game where it matters that you can get a smooth, playable frame-rate though. When you're sitting in Shrine or Orgrimmar idling or using the AH, you might as well be using the mobile phone app because that's all you need at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That is the only time in the game where it matters that you can get a smooth, playable frame-rate though. When you're sitting in Shrine or Orgrimmar idling or using the AH, you might as well be using the mobile phone app because that's all you need at that point.
    Actually the phone app works better for AH than the bloody in game thing, but anyway.

The topic was about a gpu a while back and lets be honest here if people want to talk fps we have done it about 10 times in depth and another few dozen outside of that. When we talk fps we want to know the minimum at the most intense point in 25m raiding, if that doesn't apply to you then good for you but that is what we base our numbers off unless otherwise stated.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Well that's fine and dandy in your topics, but that's not what my topic was about.. The topic started out with dumbasses saying i would not be able to play with the setup i posted..so my goal was to prove them wrong, my goal is not to say a cheap setup is going to do 100 FPS on 25 man LFR. Its playable and enjoyable with my current setup. Might not be enjoyable for others, but its my computer and it works pretty well in raids, pvp and world. And that was my main goal

Quote Originally Posted by slasher0161 View Post
    Actually the phone app works better for AH than the bloody in game thing, but anyway.

The topic was about a gpu a while back and lets be honest here if people want to talk fps we have done it about 10 times in depth and another few dozen outside of that. When we talk fps we want to know the minimum at the most intense point in 25m raiding, if that doesn't apply to you then good for you but that is what we base our numbers off unless otherwise stated.

For everyone that doubted me.. i bought a used Geforce 8600GT, installed it on my 305 watt power supply, have it on medium settings and did a raid smooth as butter with 50FPS, sometimes dipped to 40FPS, and even went up to 65 FPS...
    Well that's fine and dandy in your topics, but that's not what my topic was about.. The topic started out with dumbasses saying i would not be able to play with the setup i posted..so my goal was to prove them wrong, my goal is not to say a cheap setup is going to do 100 FPS on 25 man LFR. Its playable and enjoyable with my current setup. Might not be enjoyable for others, but its my computer and it works pretty well in raids, pvp and world. And that was my main goal
    We just called bullshit on that sentence, which you infact proved wrong with your screenshot. We never said you wouldn't be able to play.

I am looking for a video card for cheap money that will play wow with decent settings.. I want to stay under 75$.
    My computer is a Pentium Dual core 2.2 with 4 GB ram. My power supply is 305w..trying to get this computer up to par for 5.4 release..

Thanks in advance
    FYI - There is some generally bad advice in this thread, so be careful. Specifically, you need to be careful about your power requirements on a 305 W power supply (particularly an old one on a cheap computer). You don't want to do permanent damage to the machine.

I recommend Radeon 6570s to my guildies with older machines where BOTH power and cost are an issue. Here's one on Amazon for $50.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeo...ds=radeon+6570

Here's one for $35 after rebate on Newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131496

DO NOT buy a radeon 6670. They eat far more power for not a lot more performance, and are only a bit cheaper than the next real step up, which would be a Radeon 7750.

Look at the power usage vs the 6570:
    http://www.hwcompare.com/10674/radeo...n-hd-6670-oem/

And here's the power usage vs the 7750 (note the better 7750 uses LESS power):
    http://www.hwcompare.com/11734/radeo...adeon-hd-7750/

Here's how the 6570 stacks up against the 7750:
    http://www.hwcompare.com/11736/radeo...adeon-hd-7750/

So if you're looking to go to the next level, get a Radeon 7750. If you're going to spend the $$$ on the upgrade, get one with DDR5 memory. Here's a good one at $85:
    http://www.amazon.com/XFX-DisplayPor...ds=radeon+7750

If you hunt around and wait, you'll often see them for as low as $65 (after rebate). But you'll have to wait probably a month or so to hunt for that price (personally, my time is worth more than the $20).

Good luck.
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-09-05 at 11:55 PM.