350$ certain items budget!

Well I want to upgrade my computer but pretty much buy a new one with that im getting. I need a mobo, cpu, graphics card, power supply, and a new case since mine is terrible with one small fan and is to hot. I did spend hours looking up a lot of stuff and came up with this.

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-MicroATX-M...8007448&sr=1-1 Mobo 48.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116524 CPU 60.00

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Radeon-Si...QA4_B004X8EO6Q Graphics card 40.00

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-...7998328&sr=1-6 500 watt version 40.00

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Black...997205&sr=1-12 Case 45.00

Now I am hoping you guys can find better quality for the price. I know what I chose was quite lower then 350 but I just wanted to give a general idea and get some help. I have never built a pc so I spent quite some time watching videos and such to see the ins and out of what to buy. Any help on what to buy instead because not to skimp or anything would be awesome. If you have a different item for everything listed please go ahead and show them I am up for any suggestions since I am uber noob with this haha.
    I don't age I level up...

Assuming this is a gaming build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor ($66.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($57.24 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($31.49 @ Amazon)
    Other: Corsair CX430 (frequently drops to $20-25 after MIR) ($25.00)
    Total: $280.71
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-01 01:32 EDT-0400)

If your current case has additional fan mount points, additional case fans are pretty cheap (eg. Cooler Master 4-pack $8 after $5 MIR)

Both Sandy Bridge (your listed build) and Ivy Bridge (build I listed) require DDR3 RAM. Make sure the RAM you're transferring is DDR3.

With the additional budget headroom, there are two upgrades:

* Go for the i3-3220 and/or i3-3240 if you play MMOs like WoW (especially if raiding), RTS like SC2, and console ports like Skyrim and GTA

* Otherwise, go for the 650 Ti 2GB
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-09-01 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity, what do you currently have? Extending your budget by even $100 could make a -huge- difference.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

I got this thing years ago knowing nothing and spending way to much for a prebuilt computer. AY748AA-ABA p6320y is the model and only things I added were the grapics card

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is the main game I play but right now since both my raid teams fall apart I want to play some newer games. The only ones I can play are ones from like 2008 on med settings. I was hoping to be able to play games like GTA 4. The Witcher and dishonored. There are a million games I would like to play but can't because of insane fps issues. Also I looked at the mobo you picked and it doesn't have the slot I need for my monitor(HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor) I chose mine cause it has the white slot and a good amount of usb ports since I need like 6. Also why did you chose that case? I was looking at the same one but chose mine cause it came with 3 fans and just seemed in general better. Also I just checked with a program I got(CPU-Z) and I do have DDR3
    I don't age I level up...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillawar View Post
    Also I looked at the mobo you picked and it doesn't have the slot I need for my monitor(HP 2009 Series Wide LCD Monitor) I chose mine cause it has the white slot
    Google says your HP monitor supports both DVI and VGA. The MSI B75MA-E33 has VGA.

and a good amount of usb ports since I need like 6.
    The MSI B75MA-E33 has 6 back panel USB ports and support for front panel USB ports. There are 2 front panel USB ports on the Gamma Classic.

The MSI B75MA-P33 $60 has DVI.

Also why did you chose that case? I was looking at the same one but chose mine cause it came with 3 fans and just seemed in general better.
    Price. The general rule of thumb is to spend between 5-10% of the tower budget on the case. If you like Rosewill Black, go for it.

The problem with counting stock case fans is that some cases come with low quality case fans (noisy). I'm not sure about the Rosewill Black. If you want additional fans, I recommend the Cooler Master $8 for a 4-pack I linked earlier. Cooler Master fans aren't high end because they're cheap, but in my experience they're fairly quiet.

The NZXT Gamma Classic is old, but known to be a decent case for the price.

Overall, the price difference between the two options isn't that big of a deal. To be honest, one fan is sufficient for system with an Intel Pentium (low power consumption) and a 7790 as long as its a decent fan (120mm or larger).

Also I just checked with a program I got(CPU-Z) and I do have DDR3
    Cool. Looks like you're set.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-09-01 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Google says your HP monitor supports both DVI and VGA. The MSI B75MA-E33 has VGA.
    Shouldn't be plugging the monitor into the motherboard when using dedicated graphics anyhow.

In your shoes I would go all out for the gpu and upgrade your power supply. Sure you will be cpu limited in some games but upgrading your cpu is like going from a geo metro to a ford focus aka not worth it until you can save up more money. I would do this with $350:

Msi twin frozr 7950 http://www.amazon.com/MSI-R7950-TWIN...&keywords=7950
    seasonic 550 gold power supply http://www.amazon.com/SeaSonic-550-W...words=seasonic

And when you do get ready to upgrade your motherboard and cpu later this stuff can move right along with it and give you a killer system.
    Last edited by chadashcroft22; 2013-09-01 at 10:31 PM.

You get a aftermaket cpu cooler too and OC your cpu. That would be better than buying a very lowend intell cpu

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Shouldn't be plugging the monitor into the motherboard when using dedicated graphics anyhow.
    Completely forgot about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadashcroft22 View Post
    I'd go with a different manufacturer for a 7950, or go with a GTX 760. I have an MSI 7950 in my current rig, and the coil whine and fan noise are pretty substantial. If you can find it cheaper or noise doesn't bother you, the 7950 is quite a beastly card though.

For the monitor plug, you can always use an adapter.

I guess you don't really need one anymore but I found those useful because even newer monitors often only come with the blue cable (VGA) (And I mean the DVI slot is there, you just have to buy a cable separately) while some of the Video Cards only have white slots (DVI).

Obviously the ideal is just to use a DVI cable if both your monitor and card allow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com