Minimum Spirit For 10man Normal

So I take an alt Holy Pally to a 12/12 raid on my server going to be doing SoO next tier too what is the minimum spirit you should run? I am trying to convert to a Mastery build and I used Chardev and if I made all my gems Mastery (Just testing) that would leave me with 10.5k Spirit. I run 11.5-8k atm. My 2 trinkets are the Shadow-Pan one and the Primordius one (ew). Trying to get Horridon one and coining every week. So how much spirit minimum should I run with I also Int flask. What do you guys run with Spirit wise for now and will that change in 5.4?
    Last edited by ScooterPerpetual; 2013-09-01 at 09:53 PM.

When you don't run oom you have enough spirit.

Theres no right answer and it depends on your playstyle.

Well I mean form other HPal's PoV thanks for a useless answer x.x Just asking opinions. I went from running 14k~ Spirit to this its learning a different playstyle.

So you ask a question, get a reasonable answer, and write it off as useless. Must be one of those people looking for others to play the game for you. =\

There is no answer. I could run 7k and feel fine, someone else could run 13k and feel they need more. There are *far* too many variables (group comp, your style, do you mostly tank/raid heal, etc.) for anybody to tell you. If you really need to compare find some Holy Paladins on worldoflogs and look them up on wowarmory to see their stats. Isn't that hard. Spirit is almost entirely personal preference.

Meta gem=6-8k spirit btw

Given your gear level (no sha gem even?), lack of Horridon's trinket, lack of Meta Gem, lack of Cloak, I would go with ~15k gemming mostly spirit gems.

Thanks for some useful input, and I wouldn't say "Go with what you are comfortable with" is an extremely helpful answer considering you can find that in any guide on the internet. I have the Meta gem and Meta but havent put the Meta in my helmet since it is LFR and am not spending 5k on a LFR wep :P If I dont get a helmet this coming week from our ToT clear Im just going to put it in the helmet I have.

Deleted
    Bit rude to say that "It's a personal choice" is a useless answer. That's completely right. Only YOU can decide how much mana gain you want in return for less powerful healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterPerpetual View Post
    Thanks for some useful input, and I wouldn't say "Go with what you are comfortable with" is an extremely helpful answer considering you can find that in any guide on the internet. I have the Meta gem and Meta but havent put the Meta in my helmet since it is LFR and am not spending 5k on a LFR wep :P If I dont get a helmet this coming week from our ToT clear Im just going to put it in the helmet I have.
    it's the most helpful answer you can get though as a healer. spirit is something that's EXTREMELY dependant on both your playstyle and outside influence:

1) higher other stats increase your throughput, allowing your efficient heals to be stronger.
    2) a long fight like horridon or lei shen requires quite a lot more longevity than a short fight lik jin'rokh or Tortos.
    3) if you tend to overheal a lot or forget to use divine plea on CD, you need more spirit.
    4) running with 2 or 3 healers is a difference on how efficient you can be and how much spirit you need.
    5) if your tanks suck with active mitigation, you'll need more throughput to keep them up.
    6) if your DPS regularly fuck up and take avoidable damage, you need to compensate that.
    7) your tactic also affects your mana requirements.

that's just a handful of the reasons noone but you, not even the best holy paladin in the world or the designers themselves, can tell you how much spirit you need. it's like asking how much gas you need at minimum to reach a destination by car. you can't say because you might need more or less gas depending on traffic, your speed, your car maintenance status, how much you have in your car and your car model of course.

that's why all guides state "go with what you're comfortable with", which is also the only answer you'll get on most respectable forums. there is technically a more accurate answer, but it depends on so many variables, some of which are unknown before the fight starts, that you cannot give a 1 size fits all answer.

Like I said what I am more or less looking for is what other Holy Paladins run with not necessarily the tag line healer answer of how much Spirit to run. I have my answer now but thank you for the input.

Like I said what I am more or less looking for is what other Holy Paladins run with not necessarily the tag line healer answer of how much Spirit to run. I have my answer now but thank you for the input.
    Check out Sparty, he is one of the best Holy Paladins I have seen. He runs 11k spirit. Granted, he is far better geared than you are ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...party/advanced

By the way, I run less than 15k spirit. I also have a lot more item levels and the meta gem and trinket. I recommended 15k because I think that is what will be for the most part achievable with your gear, but you should be gemming blues (greens in yellow sockets, purple in red sockets) at your gear stage. I would say 17-18k for you is a good stop point.

These numbers can vary a little but in all reality will vary a lot less than some of the non-healers who are posting here might think. It's surprising because most people I know have "personal feeling-wise" about 11-13k spirit. I run with more than what most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Strokr View Post
    Check out Sparty, he is one of the best Holy Paladins I have seen. He runs 11k spirit. Granted, he is far better geared than you are ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...party/advanced
    550ilvl and farming ToTHC, thats why he is running with 11k spirit.

For op, you will probably need more spirit for SoO.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocott/advanced

Been farming since mid June. Ran with around 13k spirit for farm (less than that didn't feel comfortable for myself personally). But I've recently changed gem's around again to get myself up to 15k spirit for 5.4. But we raid with the option of a Resto Shaman and 2 Priests for mana hymn's if shit hits the fan, otherwise I'd probably go for a bit more spirit.

Gem for Spirit until you find yourself with a lot of excess mana or people are dying due to a lack of throughput on your part. But as others have said, you are the best judge of how much spirit you will actually need.