Idea; Black Market Auction House

As a gold sink, I think BMAH is awesome. I was thinking though, would it be a possibility to make it so that you can sell your own items on the BMAH (Or a third AH) where you can sell BoP items- But the AH takes a massive percentage of the profit. (Say, 75-90%).

The way I see it, would be to make it possible to; Be an efficient goldsink for people, Be a good way to discard unused items, Not be too rewarding for sellers, A good way to help upcoming guildees, alts or friends with getting some usable items.

Example; You are in a raiding guild, you get the heroic version of a trinket you have the normal version of. You sell the normal version to another player needing the normal version for 5000 gold, you earn 500g from something you otherwise would just vendor. The other player spends his gold on something useful. Hurray for all.

Drawbacks, I'm sure there would be some way of exploiting this - Although im not too shifty when it comes to that kinda stuff so I can't really think of any. I'm sure you guys could. So feel free to write in any sort of feedback of the idea. Would be awesome to hear them.

Take care,
    Algo

Like you said, it would be too easy to exploit. Interesting concept nonetheless.

World first race would involve alt guilds throwing their raid drops on the AH for cheap to be bought up by the main guild, PvPers could get decked out in full sets a week into the season, etc.

People would just farm JP and buy from vendors then sell it there to the ones that are to lazy to farm justice points. Same for honor or even conquest. And if someone just wanted to hand it to a friend all they'd have to do is have the friend right beside them and put it up for an amazingly cheap price, although this could be avoided by setting a limit that's proportionate to ilvl.

One of the nice things about the BMAH is that it doesn't have all the spam auctions from everyone and there mothers clogging it up.

The market would get flooded with epics, prices would be not so sky high, people would get raiding gear for like 5k~. Cool concept in theory, would be horrendous in practice.

Sure, it could work at first, but I think near the end of the content patch there would just be a flood of gear, and at that point the gold gained would be less than disenchanting it.

It'd be great for items other than gear though, you could sell rare mounts you never used, or duplicates that you can't use since you already own it.

I think a lot of people here forget that BMAH is only for bidding you cannot actually buyout "cheap priced items" put on the BMAH by your main or a friend for your alt.

All I want from the BMAH is an anonymous list showing the contents of all of the Unlooted Containers from the past month, along with the price paid for.

Because that would be a source of endless hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    As a gold sink, I think BMAH is awesome. I was thinking though, would it be a possibility to make it so that you can sell your own items on the BMAH (Or a third AH) where you can sell BoP items- But the AH takes a massive percentage of the profit. (Say, 75-90%).

The way I see it, would be to make it possible to; Be an efficient goldsink for people, Be a good way to discard unused items, Not be too rewarding for sellers, A good way to help upcoming guildees, alts or friends with getting some usable items.

Example; You are in a raiding guild, you get the heroic version of a trinket you have the normal version of. You sell the normal version to another player needing the normal version for 5000 gold, you earn 500g from something you otherwise would just vendor. The other player spends his gold on something useful. Hurray for all.

Drawbacks, I'm sure there would be some way of exploiting this - Although im not too shifty when it comes to that kinda stuff so I can't really think of any. I'm sure you guys could. So feel free to write in any sort of feedback of the idea. Would be awesome to hear them.

Take care,
    Algo
    well the exploit is easy.
    i have a heroic neckless i don't need anymore but my alt needs it. i put it in the ah for 1 gold. and a friend buys it then but it back in the ah for 1 gold.
    i now got my heroic neckless or anyting i want for my alt. or even main with 11 chars gaining 2200 cp cap means i will have 22000 for the first week of the new season.

Seems like a nice idea:

1. Don't let it be a "buy out" option.
    2. Have the minimum price scale with iLvL.
    3. Have the market take 90% of the profit.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I think a lot of people here forget that BMAH is only for bidding you cannot actually buyout "cheap priced items" put on the BMAH by your main or a friend for your alt.
    I think you should actually read either the thread title, or the actual OP, Because nowhere has anyone even hinted that's how it is, they are talking about the OP's suggestion, Seriously-.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want user items on the bmah nor do i want bop items becoming boe. I don't like your idea.