View Poll Results: Challenge Modes: Hit or Miss?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hit

211 55.97%
  • Miss

71 18.83%
  • Never tried

95 25.20%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Challenge Modes: Hit or Miss?

Just curious.

To me challenge modes always came across as very uninteresting, and also that ... I wasn't the only person who felt that way, almost in every guild I was in during MoP people seemed very uninterested in making groups for them whenever I tried.

After a while I really didn't bother trying to find groups for them anymore.

I thought they were kind of stupid. I also didn't much care for the xmog rewards. But when I started doing them because my friends were down a dps, I had fun working for golds.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

By far my favorite feature of MoP. On a whole though, I'd say they're not very popular. Without offering a power reward makes them unappealing to a lot of people.

I did see them say in a recent interview that they were looking into making them more rewarding in the future though. So hopefully that helps.

People asked for a more challenging mode for heroics.

People got it and said it was dumb :s

def a hit. i mean just look at the ladderboards - you can run a double heroic dungeon in FIVE minutes. that is insane imo.

also running CMs even if you do them slow feels like old TBC heroics like Shadowlab which were pretty insane as well.

We sorta half-heartedly did a few of them before everyone lost interest. I'd still like to get the mount, but after leveling and gearing up a couple of toons I'm just so utterly sick of the dungeons I can't bring myself to do any of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    I did see them say in a recent interview that they were looking into making them more rewarding in the future though. So hopefully that helps.
    Yes, I hope they add some gear rewards to challenge modes in the future. They should reward LFR loot if you complete them imo.

Think they're fun.
    Had a lot of trouble finding people that actually wanted to do them, but most was just intimidated by them.
    Currently there's a lot of people, that never has tried it before, trying to pug them, which i find so fun that i'm going with them. Been in one that completed XD
    Just going as dps though, since i don't think it's fun to be the first to die every time, with a group that don't know the encounter at all
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I haven't even bothered to try, I'm just not interested in it. It just seemed to me like another dungeon difficulty with little to no reward(depending on if you actually liked the gold set).

I can't really say hit/miss since I didn't even bother to try, but maybe since it didn't interest me I could say it was a miss simply because I wasn't drawn in to even try it. Whatever the case, I'll have to say I never tried.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

Getting 9/9 golds was probably the most fun I've had in the game in a long time outside of raiding, so to me they were a huge hit.

Herald of the Titans icausewipes's Avatar
    They seem lame so I never did them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSaTHsHNsc
    Greatest Dr Who video ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I haven't even bothered to try, I'm just not interested in it. It just seemed to me like another dungeon difficulty with little to no reward(depending on if you actually liked the gold set).

I can't really say hit/miss since I didn't even bother to try, but maybe since it didn't interest me I could say it was a miss simply because I wasn't drawn in to even try it. Whatever the case, I'll have to say I never tried.
    Teleports to the places you clear on gold too, and a mount for silver, but yeah.
    To me the fun was actually just being able to complete, regardless of time. A lot can't even manage that. It's just a fun little challenge, and that's it

Edit:
    Now the fun is to get better times :P
    Some of the most fun thing in the game currently to me
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I love doing them and the money from carries is nice as well.

Huge hit in my eyes.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

Gameplay wise there great, timers are still too class dependant though. But that issue is very hard to address.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Haven't done them, never will. I've never transmogged gear because I've never felt like wasting time in boring instances to do so. That still stands, so I don't bother with challenge modes.

Extremely unbalanced. Only did them for the gold and never again. Our composition was so bad...

I love the xmog sets.
    Signature in progress...

Love it! by far the fastest way to valor cap so thats a big plus. We had a really good group of guildes, and I became the rank1 warlock on ravencrest eu for a long time Feels awesome when you really push yourself for a good time, and when you get that server best time, feels great
    ----+----[BOSS]++++++
    Just because you're special, it doesn't mean you're useful

idea wise? great, but the problem is with players 'oh your a warrior? no we want a shammy/dk/lock/mage/hunter/rogue, warriors cant do gold'
    Damosapien - DPS(whatever spec is better in that teir)/prot Warrior http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apien/advanced
    Damodrood - Resto/feral(hybrid) Druid http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drood/advanced
    Damoo - Blood/frost Death knight http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Damoo/simple