View Poll Results: Challenge Modes: Hit or Miss?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hit

211 55.97%
  • Miss

71 18.83%
  • Never tried

95 25.20%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Miss I think.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    not worth the time and aggravation to find capable players. transmog and a mount. whoopeee
    well youre just a bundle of joy :\ usually if you put in your realm forums or spam trade you will find what you want and if you herd these (4) four in the c modes you know because you have looked up how to do them like a good player they will usually gravitate toward you.

Challenge Modes was decent. With 5.3 adding the gear box to the daily challenge mode, they hit the point of challenging dungeons that give gear. Potentially the fastest way to get Valor as well- doing a gold run daily challenge gives ~300 valor, doing ~5 gold run challenges caps you, and since gold runs only take 10-15 minutes, you can get the valor very, very quick.

Now, what I would LIKE to see next expansion for Challenge modes is this- doing it with a certain number of wipes give you the medal (<10 wipes=bronze, <5 wipes=silver, no wipes=gold). Time would come into play for the new special titles coming out next patch- get the best time on your realm for a special title. As for gear, having the box that awards the same ilvl as heroic scenario gear would be ok.

To be honest, I am wondering how blizz will handle those 516 ilvl gear equivalent next expansion. Lets say that, failing a squish, the 450 equivalent is 700, so you have 713 for lvl 90 dungeons, 726 for LFR, 738 for flex, 753 for normal, and 766 for heroic (Plus thunderforged/upgraded). Would the new heroic scenarios drop 739 ilvl gear? What about the second tier? Is Flex going to replace H Scenarios in terms of gearing?

Ah, well. Next expansions challenge mode, the medal you get for number of wipes, and you want to aim for 0 wipes for the gold. To prevent stacking 4 attonement healers+tank, give the bosses a decent enrage. (Lets say, 3 minutes per boss, with some variance). Possibly cause trash to enrage if they aren't downed quickly enough.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

you can do it with evry class you got to stop saying class X or Y cant do CM

i did CM with 5 chars 9/9 gold..

of course you can faceroll most of them with caster setup but i also made 9/9 with a melee group.. its harder you wont get server first times but well who cares

still had fun doing them :P

even made 9/9 with pugs in the Wow forum with my tank monk , so i think they made a pretty good job :P
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-09-02 at 04:25 PM.

Miss. I loved doing them but they were way too easy to get gold in. Stormstout took the most time and that was 1.5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    People asked for a more challenging mode for heroics.

People got it and said it was dumb :s
    "abuse all existing game mechanics to do a speedrun while skipping 50% of the trash with invis potions" does not equal "challenging heroics". the burning crusade heroics have been way harder than any challenge mode, for example.

Definitely a hit. I'm up for any achievement the requires more effort than simply running the dungeon.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    "abuse all existing game mechanics to do a speedrun while skipping 50% of the trash with invis potions" does not equal "challenging heroics". the burning crusade heroics have been way harder than any challenge mode, for example.
    thats the point of it by blizzard, when they debuted them at blizzcon they said I wont what kind of tricks players are going to come up with to handle these and invis pots where actually useful. god forbid you have to be smart to get ahead.

I dont understand peoples mentality anymore

I am not a big fan of doing dungeons on a rush with a time limit.

I would rather see longer "real" brdl like dungeons, which are hard and take time. Where i dont have to care about time that mach and instead focus more on beating it.
    Just put trash on a 1-2hr respawn timer, which should be enough for a time limit.
    I wouldnt mind if the current challenge mode dungeons would co-exists then.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

It was a hit for me, though there were very few players who were interested in running them or going for competitive times on my realm.

Having gotten 8 characters 9/9G with over 265 gold medals account-wide so far, I made a lot of cross-realm friends.

As stated before, there are certain classes/specs favored over others and lack of rewards that still needs to be addressed for the future of CMs. There needs to be a better gear scaling formula that standardizes high ilvl gear (having more secondary stats after being scaled down) and gear with sockets. Having played WoW since vanilla, I do agree that these CMs could be a bit harder.

The reward for completing a challenge mode should be more than just valor points, it could also include gold and lesser charms (or equivalent for the current tier).

Having a vendor in front of each instance that sells consumables that could only be used in challenge modes (similar to potions in Brawler's Guild) would also reduce the need of farming for invis pots, dps/mana potions, flasks, food, Scrolls of Fort, Drums of Speed, Drums of Forgotten Kings, and etc.
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2013-09-03 at 10:09 AM.

Biggest miss in MoP.. Challinging Heroics =/= Challengemode Heroics..

Besides, the vast majority haven't even tried CMs, so to add mit, for the "select few" and give them no reward, except worthless transmog-gear and a choice of one out offour mounts, is NOTHING...

Was really great in my opinion, but they could of been a little bit harder in my opinion.

“First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.”
    Mage | Monk | Druid | Warlock | Priest

Big hit with me, I got dragged into them right as my ele sham alt hit 90, got to learn the class trial-by-fire style. I still think challenge modes are probably the best way to learn a class quickly in the game. I wasn't ever terribly concerned with doing them on my lock main though, as the CM warlock gear looks idiotic on a worgen. In my opinion, obviously.

havn't tried it yet as i have a computer that gets 10-20 FPS at the best of times in WoW so i'd rather not ruin it for someone else
    putting them off until i have a better computer

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    It was a hit for me, though there were very few players who were interested in running them or going for competitive times on my realm.

Having gotten 8 characters 9/9G with over 265 gold medals account-wide so far, I made a lot of cross-realm friends.

As stated before, there are certain classes/specs favored over others and lack of rewards that still needs to be addressed for the future of CMs. There needs to be a better gear scaling formula that standardizes high ilvl gear (having more secondary stats after being scaled down) and gear with sockets. Having played WoW since vanilla, I do agree that these CMs could be a bit harder.

The reward for completing a challenge mode should be more than just valor points, it could also include gold and lesser charms (or equivalent for the current tier).

Having a vendor in front of each instance that sells consumables that could only be used in challenge modes (similar to potions in Brawler's Guild) would also reduce the need of farming for invis pots, dps/mana potions, flasks, food, Scrolls of Fort, Drums of Speed, Drums of Forgotten Kings, and etc.
    This would be great!

Tried a couple of times, got bronze and silver here and there and when trying to get a group together for golds, I'm not worthy other people's time.

I think challenge mode were a really good stepping stone in blizzard slow but steady struggle towards the perfect instance design philosophie.

Going for gold in all of them was also quite fun. Its also quite impossible to balance, so I dont think it will ever be an ESport like they hoped it would be (?)

Next expansion they will hopefully be a little less timid with the rewards and also add a semihard nonLF tier (heroic) in the middle, since the cataclsym shock (Make heroics hard, then be cocky about it on the forums, then panic and nurf everything into the ground) should be over and the positive results from heroic szenarios has probably given them some courage
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I enjoyed them greatly. Working on my second set of golds, at 4/9. It's incredibly easy to find a group as an Elemental Shaman.

Best addition to the game in MOP. Not 10/10 but a solid 8/10. They need to fix alot of bugs and work on adding more dungeons aswell as adding a new Platinum medal with more rewards for those that can really really push great times.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    We ( Rapid Eye Movement) sell a variety of boosts. Private message me for more info.
    So far on 1 Char: Top 10 Destro PR Ranks, top 30 Afflic PR Ranks, TOp 30 Demo PR Ranks.
    Rapid Eye Movement World 15th 25 man Guild. - www.remgaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    They seem lame so I never did them.
    Lol...I really hope you don't live life with that mentality.

But back to the OP, I really enjoy doing challenge modes. They are hard but the rewards are pretty awesome, imo.