Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Shit, Anduin and Wrathion have an equal chance as well.
    What? If Anduin is the warchief for the horde, I quit. I stopped watching Lost cause it got too retarded and this would put WoW right up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Garrosh wanting nothing to do with demonic power but willingly accepts old god power isn't a 180 of his character? It certainly doesn't fit his personality to be going around digging up powerful magical artifacts either, he's a warrior so he relies on brute strength not magic.
    demons and old gods are competently different it's like comparing a shaman and a warlock, both burn things to a crisp however shamans are seen as good and warlocks evil. It just happens to be that both are evil and believes he can master it :P

Garrosh not liking demonic magic is tied to his father, and the shame he felt over the orcs being controlled and used by the demons. His hate for demons and warlocks stems from that, not from a generic 'oh it's evil magic I hate it' sentiment.

As for old god stuff he doesn't have that same personal hate, he sees the sha energy as just another weapon to wield. Garrosh is a warrior but he has a LONG history of using super weapons. From the big bombs he doesn't have a problem with in Stonetalon (he got mad because of the target not the bomb itself), enslaving magnataur and proto drakes in Wolfheart, using mana bombs and dark shaman enslaved elementals and kracken, he's been doing this sort of thing for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Here's the thing about Garrosh.

He publically says he dislikes something. All while privately working out how he can use the same thing for his own purposes.

An egomaniac can justify anything.
    oddly, that sounds just like his fans and there rationality to his actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Garrosh not liking demonic magic is tied to his father, and the shame he felt over the orcs being controlled and used by the demons. His hate for demons and warlocks stems from that, not from a generic 'oh it's evil magic I hate it' sentiment.

As for old god stuff he doesn't have that same personal hate, he sees the sha energy as just another weapon to wield. Garrosh is a warrior but he has a LONG history of using super weapons. From the big bombs he doesn't have a problem with in Stonetalon (he got mad because of the target not the bomb itself), enslaving magnataur and proto drakes in Wolfheart, using mana bombs and dark shaman enslaved elementals and kracken, he's been doing this sort of thing for a long time.
    which simply means he's a power hungry dictator, whos all for slavery, using anything as a weapon, even peoples lives, and thinking what the least expendable thing does he have to make use of, again, regarding peoples lives.
    #boycottchina

The orcs did not control the horde. Under Thrall, the horde was a confederation of races with the warchief as overall commander of the armies of those races. Garrosh turned it into a dictatorship which is why the other races are in open rebellion against him. Thrall never took the reins of the horde, he was its military head with the other races trusting in his judgement and council. Even Sylvannus has shown deference and respect to his leadership in that respect and Lor'themar likewise trusted Thrall's judgement and vision of the horde as a coalition for mutual support and defense against the territorial ambitions of the alliance. The horde will likely emerge stronger from this, as each side shows its commitment to the horde in their own way instead of simply dropping out and leaving. In the fullness of time there will be peace between the races of the alliance and the horde, but I feel not until both are driven to near extinction, most likely by the Legion.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Those Mag'har guys that Garrosh brought through the portal aren't that friendly to me.

http://wowpedia.org/General_Grebo
    http://wowpedia.org/Ishi

Every single add summoned during Garrosh P1 is a Mag'har Orc.
    I forgot that asshole of Grebo.

Blatant prove is that Garrosh keep slaughtering warlocks in the Cleft of Shadow during the Siege, and these guys did nothing evil or wrong, they use fel and demonic magic but in fact they just always tried to prove to Thrall that they were both reliable and useful, like when they sent the player, back in vanilla, to take care of the corrupted Burning Blade's members in the Desolace, or when one of them even sent the warlock player to do something "sweet" like reconcile two lost lovers (during the succubus's questline, if I remember well).

Hell, Garrosh even used them when he needed their power out of necessity (like during the subjugation of the Echo Isles) but now that he have his Old God toy he doesn't see any use in them anymore, and can just unload all his grudge, despise and disgust towards them by slaughtering them "because".

What a disgusting bigot, may he burn to hell.

Garrosh is a warrior but he has a LONG history of using super weapons.
    And a warrior he remains with the power of Y'shaarj, after all he have a disecrated image of Gorehowl in hand. He will just be a warrior with the power of an Old God inside him.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-09-08 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Still, it is nowhere near as bad as how goblin survivors of Gallywix's prison ship being somehow numerous enough to not only populate a sizeable metropolis along with a district in ORG, but also deal with particularly heavy casualties and loss of life even in the early questing zones. Either Gallywix's ship had the holding capacity of a space colonization vessel, or population of Kezan has been shrunk to fit in as accessories in city boxes or we have a bad case of BS proportions and scale.
    Well the Goblins did fit a town into a box. Buildings can be shrunk, why not Goblins.
    Last edited by Wreckeded; 2013-09-08 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    What? If Anduin is the warchief for the horde, I quit. I stopped watching Lost cause it got too retarded and this would put WoW right up there.
    Do people actually consider this? I know some alliance guys cry because he keeps running from them because they try to capture him and horde players don't give a crap about him anyway, after they failed in jade forest, but why on earth would there even be a remote chance for either anduin or wrathion? The other horde leaders would never allow wrathion (I doubt the alliance would either, especially after anduin saw him go nuts a couple of times) and even if the alliance appointed anduin some kind of keeper, the other horde factions would never go along with it, not even baine, because even he knows it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-09-08 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oddly, that sounds just like his fans and there rationality to his actions.

- - - Updated - - -

which simply means he's a power hungry dictator, whos all for slavery, using anything as a weapon, even peoples lives, and thinking what the least expendable thing does he have to make use of, again, regarding peoples lives.
    I don't disagree. Whlie he had potential to turn out differently in Cata, he instead went down the bad guy path and has been unrepentant about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    EDIT* Look up the Lich king to know what im saying there you have a guy we have completed face raped, His army and all his power but for some reason the scourge is STILL a threat and that we must always need a guy to take care of a few wondering zombies in the eastern plaguelands
    I agree that the "there must always be a LK" is bullshit (see Forsaken). The Scourge in the Plaguelands are free of the LK's control and at least some of them should have regained their sentience, unless the Cult of the Damned are controlling them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What happened to Bolvar? We haven't seen him reign in the scourge at all. What's he doing on the Throne?
    It wasn't an easy transition for him. The scourge and Cult of the Damned operating the in Plaguelands are autonomous. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree. Whlie he had potential to turn out differently in Cata, he instead went down the bad guy path and has been unrepentant about it.
    I really wish people would stop saying this, and trying to use it as there excuse for why they don't understand Garrosh's actions in mists.

All that happened in cata, was the writers making you think there was something else to Garrosh, when it was all a ruse. They convinced you he was a better orc then people regarded him as, but as all evidense as shown there after, his 'honorable actions' was nothing more then a ruse, where threw you off, so he could scheme something else.
    His plan for the mana bomb didn't happen by chance, he saw what it did in stonetalon, and drew inspiration from it, all the while making you think he was disgusted at the act, when really he as inspired by it. Hell, he more then likely knew about the bomb itself, and after its use, killed his commander to make it seem like he had nothing to do with it, when really it was his plan all along.

Infact, I seem to remember one of the devs saying this, that it was all garrosh's plan to test the bomb out.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-08 at 06:25 PM.
    #boycottchina

I really wish people would stop saying this, and trying to use it as there excuse for why they don't understand Garrosh's actions in mists.

All that happened in cata, was the writers making you think there was something else to Garrosh, when it was all a ruse. They convinced you he was a better orc then people regarded him as, but as all evidense as shown there after, his 'honorable actions' was nothing more then a ruse, where threw you off, so he could scheme something else.
    His plan for the mana bomb didn't happen by chance, he what it did in stonetalon, and drew inspiration from it, all the while making you think he was disgusted at the act, when really he as inspired by it.
    Blizzard could have gone the opposite route, like they did with Varian, and have Garrosh learn and grow as a character instead of slide into evil. If you don't think it was POSSIBLE for blizzard to do that you're letting your hate for Garrosh blind you. I'm not saying he's a good guy. I'm not saying there's any hope for redemption for him now. But back in Cata, there WAS that chance that he could have learned. I don't think he's OOC in Mists, all I'm saying is there's more than one path his character could have taken, and blizz chose the 'evil' path for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I agree that the "there must always be a LK" is bullshit (see Forsaken). The Scourge in the Plaguelands are free of the LK's control and at least some of them should have regained their sentience, unless the Cult of the Damned are controlling them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What happened to Bolvar? We haven't seen him reign in the scourge at all. What's he doing on the Throne?
    It wasn't an easy transition for him. The scourge and Cult of the Damned operating the in Plaguelands are autonomous. (Source)
    Sounded like a bullshit to me too, but seemed to me by the beginning that Bolvar had zero influence in the Plaguelands, the Cult was everywhere and in a quest we even kill a crypt lord that aims to become the "new Lich King". I guess Bolvar is useful for just keep in check the countless legions of undead in Northrend, but I have some problems in understanding how they could across the sea for "cleanse the world" by the living.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard could have gone the opposite route, like they did with Varian, and have Garrosh learn and grow as a character instead of slide into evil. If you don't think it was POSSIBLE for blizzard to do that you're letting your hate for Garrosh blind you. I'm not saying he's a good guy. I'm not saying there's any hope for redemption for him now. But back in Cata, there WAS that chance that he could have learned. I don't think he's OOC in Mists, all I'm saying is there's more than one path his character could have taken, and blizz chose the 'evil' path for him.
    oh yes, and Arthas could have learned from his killing of civilians in stratholme, and not carried on his insane pursuit of malganis, leading to his finding of frostmourne.

But you know what.. it happened. This thing with Garrosh, it happened, so please stop trying to cast it off as what could have happened, and learn to deal with the fact Garrosh was always set on the path to be the bad guy. The devs themselves even say this now.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yes, and Arthas could have learned from his killing of civilians in stratholme, and not carried on his insane pursuit of malganis, leading to his finding of frostmourne.

But you know what.. it happened. This thing with Garrosh, it happened, so please stop trying to cast it off as what could have happened, and learn to deal with the fact Garrosh was always set on the path to be the bad guy. The devs themselves even say this now.
    ....They just said that his development was a straight line. That doesn't mean Garrosh was always as bad as he is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Infact, I seem to remember one of the devs saying this, that it was all garrosh's plan to test the bomb out.
    Not excatly, Garrosh had zero interests in drop a bomb in a school full of druid novices. Krom'gar acted by his own because he was a complete moron, the original plan was to drop the bomb on the night elven outpost, but gnomish flying machines and artillery pretty backed up the said plan. Indeed if it wasn't for that, we would have seen a mini-Theramore event already in Cataclysm, but Garrosh have litterally to thanks to have appointed a general retarded like Krom'gar that in fact made him looks like a big hero.

I partially agree. If they wanted, Garrosh was still "reedamble" in Cataclysm as a character. Problem is, they never wanted that from the beginning, they had clearly in mind what to do with him like they had clear ideas about what to do with Varian. They left both in game and in novels many foreshadowing hints that Garrosh could have taken the worst path, mostly because this was their plan for him by ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....They just said that his development was a straight line. That doesn't mean Garrosh was always as bad as he is now.
    It does however mean he was always set to go down this path, despite people believing he would do otherwise.
    #boycottchina

Umm, I'm not in denial that Garrosh is a scumbag, or that blizz intended him to become a villain. All I'm saying is that in Cata, there was from the players perspective who don't know the inner thoughts and plans of blizzard, hope that he would straighten out, become a more honorable orc and become a respectable Warchief. Obviously that didn't happen, and I'm not making excuses for Garrosh. It wouldn't be the first redemption story where a flawed leader becomes better. And I'm not pining for an honorable Garrosh to return to us, I'm looking forward to killing him in SoO. I'm not a Garrosh fanboy I'm just pointing out there was a point in time where he did have potential to learn and grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. He always had his red flags, but became a lot worse over time, anyway proving that in fact something about him has never been absolutely "alright".
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-09-08 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean this non-canon response?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Made an acc to ask you this, WAS Garrosh behind Stonetalon's bombing? Kosak's answer was really up to interpretation. GJ btw
    My assumption is he was, but that's my interpretation and not a canon answer. (Source)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-08 at 06:41 PM.