Thread: Honor Reset?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Honor Reset?

Hey guys do they reset all honor points when 5.4 arrives?

15+ Year Old Account
    Have they ever since the introduction of Conquest?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, found the information already:

Justice and Valor won’t be converted in Patch 5.4, but with the PvP Season turnover, you can expect your Conquest to be converted to Honor as usual.

Please be aware that the conversion cost of Justice to Honor is going up, and it will cost 500 Justice to purchase 250 Honor.

Yeah, but it is shit. If they do conquest, they should also do Valor. That does remind me, i need to grind some points or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, but it is shit. If they do conquest, they should also do Valor. That does remind me, i need to grind some points or something.
    valor and conquest are different beasts, furthermore there is no new valor gear next patch, while if you pool conquest points you would have massive advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    valor and conquest are different beasts, furthermore there is no new valor gear next patch, while if you pool conquest points you would have massive advantage
    True, I still don't like the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    true but you can still upgrade your new gear...

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is partly why they aren't taking the Valo(u)r away, Loki504.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Which is partly why they aren't taking the Valo(u)r away, Loki504.
    but then you can mindlessly upgrade your new gear. and isn't that someting they want to get away from?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    No, that would be awful and dumb.

Conquest is used to buy actual gear. Valor is not. Conquest has a large cap (and will soon have NO cap). Valor has a small cap.

Moving into next tier, valor will be used to upgrade new pieces as they are earned. Conquest will continue to ensure that everyone in an arena has a full set of the best gear for arena.

Can you offer any reason for valor being reset? Note that conquest being reset is not a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    but then you can mindlessly upgrade your new gear. and isn't that someting they want to get away from?
    No.

Not at all, I have no idea why you would think that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    Hey guys do they reset all honor points when 5.4 arrives?

and since no one has addressed your question, YES.

Your honor will become silver. 35 silver per point of honor.

Your conquest will then become honor. It will continue to buy this seasons gear.

I'm not sure what happens if you have, say, 5000 conquest and 2000 honor. Obviously, you would get 700 gold from the honor. And you would have 4000 honor from the conquest. But would the additional 1000 conquest then be turned into 350 gold? That part I'm not sure about, but I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

Conquest is used to buy actual gear. Valor is not. Conquest has a large cap (and will soon have NO cap). Valor has a small cap.

Moving into next tier, valor will be used to upgrade new pieces as they are earned. Conquest will continue to ensure that everyone in an arena has a full set of the best gear for arena.

Can you offer any reason for valor being reset? Note that conquest being reset is not a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

- - - Updated - - -

Your conquest will then become honor. It will continue to buy this seasons gear.

I'm not sure what happens if you have, say, 5000 conquest and 2000 honor. Obviously, you would get 700 gold from the honor. And you would have 4000 honor from the conquest. But would the additional 1000 conquest then be turned into 350 gold? That part I'm not sure about, but I think so.
    No that is all wrong, honor will not be reset, conquest will be turned into honor. For about a week you're going to have a lot more honor than you should. After that week any honor over 4k will be turned into gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    No that is all wrong, honor will not be reset, conquest will be turned into honor. For about a week you're going to have a lot more honor than you should. After that week any honor over 4k will be turned into gold.
    I find no evidence to your claim of a weekly over-cap thing. That has happened in the past, but it is by no means common. Normally it happens switching to a new version- aka, the prepatch for the next expac, which we are nowhere near.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No.

- - - Updated - - -

well if you alrdy have 3k valor poinrs you can upgrade 12 items right away. and 4 items per week.

15+ Year Old Account
    You just summed up how gearing in WoW works, or pretty much any game involving equitable items.

- - - Updated - - -

well if you alrdy have 3k valor poinrs you can upgrade 12 items right away. and 4 items per week.
    You won't be acquiring items that quickly, especially since you can't buy new Valo(u)r items.

Right. That's entirely intended. Valor in most tiers is either item upgrades or crappy items who are only notable for having a new item level. You can't, for instance, pool valor and go buy tier items, or weapons. Conquest IS pvp item progression. Valor, despite being pretty grindy to get, is just one of a small section of PvE gearing, which is much deeper and more difficult than PvP gearing, because PvE gearing is intrinsically related to PvE progression, and PvP gearing is mostly a distraction that can, at its worst, minimize skill.