[Storytime] Legion and Azshara and Tinkers OMG

There has been a lot of rage and Azshara vs Legion stuff. What if it's both? Here's my new theory for the next expansion that will include everyone's hopes and dreams about the Legion and Azshara and I'll even throw in Tinkers.

After the events of the Siege of Orgrimmar, everything settles down for a little bit. The Horde and the Alliance are under a temporary peace treaty, thanks to some smoothing over from Wrathion. All is good.

Watchers on the gates of Orgrimmar spot a large caravan approaching the gates. The horde leaders happen to be convened in the city this very day. Lor'themar approaches the gates and a guard indicates he sees a glimmer of mechanical steel and a Bilgewater flag. Lor allows the goblin caravan to enter. It happens to be the long, lost Gallywix. Fatter than ever.

"Bout time you show up" Lor says, or something kinda cocky because he's cool now. Gallywix smiles... he has something to show everyone. The caravan stops in the front courtyard of Orgrimmar and people gather around. Voljin says something cocky too because he's a badass. "Figures you would show up when all the dirty work is over, mon".

Gallywix announces he has new technology to bring to the horde. He stands before a large object he dragged through the gates, covered with a piece of cloth. He has a group of Goblin engineers with him and directs them to uncover the object. It's a big tinker looking thing. Like a mech suit. He tells his chief engineer, Zibble-bobby, to hop in and give them a show. He shows it off like Iron Man, flying around, blowing up pigeons with lasers and then shoots off fireworks from it's back side.

Everyone's impressed. He then continues to show some new stuff. He puts a new faint green core in the machine with some really powerful energy. Green energy. Not like good for the environment. I mean like glowing Green energy. Lor has a strange pull to this object and inspects it closer. He knows what he sees is fel-energy.

"Where did you get this?" Lor said.

Gallywix doesn't want to say. He wants to keep a monopoly on this new energy. But after some pressure from the other horde leaders (picturing them all lean into him with their weapons out) he caves:

He wanted to reacquire some lost artifacts and things from the Goblin Islands near the maelstrom that were lost. He has an appreciation for his race's history. (HAHA NO HE DOESN'T HE WANTS TO SELL THAT SHIT FOR $$$$$$$.) His underwater team spotted a reef that was glowing green. After closer inspection they found an alien-like 4-armed creature, equipped with some pretty impressive technology. It was dead, a trident through the heart. A naga trident.

His top engineer, Bibblezoop, urged him to seek council of the other Horde leaders about this, but Gally just wanted him to get the interesting new technology and have his engineers reverse engineer it and see if they can do anything neat with it. They developed some really awesome stuff with it... the Tinker class.

Tinkers confirmed.

The horde leaders demand to see the body of this 'alien' creature, Gallywix has no choice and accepts. He takes them to a secret goblin laboratory hidden behind his giant stone eye on the mountain where his pleasure palace is. You know, like the Mount Rushmore vault in Richy Rich:

Lor knows right away what it is. But before he can say, Baine bursts out with "Is that... is that a demon? It's unlike any I've seen before."

Lor educates:

"This is a Tothrezim. A distant cousin of the Nathrezim. They are known to be excellent engineers. I personally have only seen a few in my time. They are considered to be valuable assets to the legion, building Infernal cores and Fel Reavers."

Gally adds in something. He's trying to be helpful because people are just hating him right now. And that's bad for business. "W-well, he had some sort of underwater scuba gear. A breathing apparatus. He looked like he was equipped for some deep sea diving."

Lor speculates that the Tothrezim, who are lesser demons, were able to slip in through the Dark Portal or something, but were sent here to engineer a larger portal from a powerful artifact or source of magic on Azeroth.

Lor questions Gally "How long have you been keeping this from us?"

"Well it's been a few years since we found this one" Gally replies.

"WHAT? You idiot, how many more are there?" Sylvanas jumps in with that, she needs some face time.

Gally explains there was 1 more they were able to acquire, and that gave them enough to work on the Tinker technology with and they wanted to sell some Tinker suits to fund future deep sea diving to get more.

The Horde Council decides to contact the Alliance leaders even though they probably don't have anything useful to add, but they do it so they don't complain about story/lore balance. They all are guided by Gallywix to the site of the discovered Tothrezim.

"Gallywix, does your new technology suit have underwater capabilities?" Lor asks.

"It works 90% of the time, 50% of the time!" he replies.

Lor and Jaina strap on the two suit prototypes. After arguing about who looks prettier in the new suit, they decide it's Lor and begin exploring underwater. They see a distant glow and swim towards it. They notice a lot of motion and action as they get closer so they hide behind a reef.

What they see is a team of Tothrezim equipped with some pretty powerful Fel-tinker suit things fighting off a band of Naga. They appear to be protecting a large stone structure. A tomb. THE TOMB OF SARGERAS. A distant female voice pierces the water, commanding the Naga. "YOU MUST STOP THEM, MY MASTER IS NOT READY".

They summon the legion underwater. The legion will RISE to the surface.

Rise of the Legion confirmed.

Also there's Naga and Azshara nearby. And it's dark down here.

The Dark Below confirmed.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-09-01 at 03:28 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot how horrible that Richie Rich movie was.

But yeah! This is cool. I'd be happy with this being the new expansion.

More steam-punk. More demons. More old gods.

All fun stuff.

Although, I'd prefer if Gallywix were replaced by someone else. He's by far the weakest of the racial leaders from both the Horde and Alliance. He has literally zero character development and he should have never been made the goblin leader in the first place. Since, you know, he's a selfish prick who didn't care if all the other goblins died or not.

There are better goblin NPCs to choose from.

But yeah. In a perfect world the next expansion would focus on things WoW hasn't focused on in a long time, or ever. When will Tyrande get to do something interesting again? Velen? Will we ever see a Tauren-themed raid? Maybe they should repair the Exodar and Silvermoon? Perhaps the Draenei could get a lot more attention? The Worgen? Sylvanas?
    Last edited by Kilperch; 2013-09-01 at 03:38 PM.

why god. why keep making tinker threads

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    You post the most specious rubbish over and over. No tinkers are not confirmed, no what comes from below is NOT the Legion, you catch a small glimpse of that in the Blank Scroll story, and the Legion doesn't need to rise, period, they are already firmly established.
    No "Tinkers", Legion too soon, maybe Dark Below. We'll find out at Blizzcon, chances are you're not just wrong, but overwhelmingly wrong.
    *woooooosh*

No, not woosh, the crap you post needs to cease.
    Whatever dude, just having a little fun. Try not to take things so seriously.

The next expansion is actually going to be titan based.
    They got the curse of flesh

Proof
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5NRpkHE2a4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post

Proof
    I was either expecting rick roll'd or this

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    They got the curse of flesh

Proof
    Lol I don't even want to know what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Lol I don't even want to know what that is.
    You have to watch the whole thing, incase you didn't.

Deleted
    No, not woosh, the crap you post needs to cease.
    Did you not see the [Storytime] in the thread heading? Did you not read the first line on the OP? "There has been a lot of rage and Azshara vs Legion stuff. What if it's both? Here's my new theory for the next expansion that will include everyone's hopes and dreams about the Legion and Azshara and I'll even throw in Tinkers.". Seriously, no need to have a go at poor old ro9ue.

You post the most specious rubbish over and over. No tinkers are not confirmed, no what comes from below is NOT the Legion, you catch a small glimpse of that in the Blank Scroll story, and the Legion doesn't need to rise, period, they are already firmly established.
    No "Tinkers", Legion too soon, maybe Dark Below. We'll find out at Blizzcon, chances are you're not just wrong, but overwhelmingly wrong.
    Can always just ignore him, Thanks for the reminder about that feature, doing it myself now :P.

Here is a link to his page to make it easier for you: http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/671852-ro9ue

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    [FanfictionTime] Legion and Azshara and Tinkers OMG
    FTFY. 10char.

Loved it, I can already feel my exciment rising!