Deleted

Guide to RIFT PvP.

Hey, i see a lot of players interested in PvP so i though i would make a guid on how it all works in RIFT.

Warfronts (Battlegrounds)

Black Garden (BG)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Martyrdom
    *Maximum team size: 10
    *Minimum player level: 10
    *Victory condition: Collect 500 points (by holding the Fang of Regulos or killing players) within 20 minutes

The battle is for control of the Fang of Regulus, found in the center of the map. One player grabs the Fang and then tries to keep it as long as he can before dropping the Fang (dying). The longer you hold it, the more damage the evil of it does to you. The closer you stay to the center, while carrying the fang, the more points you rack up per second

Every weekend there will be an alternative mode to a warfront. For Black Garden the alternative mode is:

Stockpile
    *Maximum team size: 16
    *Victory condition: Collect 500 points or the most points in 20 minutes by cleansing dark orbs and killing enemy players

Instead of a single Fang in the center, you have many purple balls all over the ground in the center. Go get one (you can have up to three but each slows you a little more) and run to one of the lighted Cleansing Orbs. Click on it to deposit your balls. When a given Orb has taken all that it can it will disable and another Orb in the vicinity will light

Library of the Runemasters

* Maximum team size: 15
    *Victory condition: Collect 1,000 points within 20 minutes by carrying Dwarven Rune Vessels or defeating enemy players

Library of the Runemasters is a warfront contained within Hammerknell Fortress. The game lasts until either team gains 1000 points, or 15 minutes (whichever comes first). Similar to Black Garden, the objective is to maintain possession of the four Rune Vessels spread throughout the Library. Points are also gained for player kills. The player holding a vessel will take periodic damage, increasing the longer it is held.

On entry players are located on the third floor of the library. Factions are separated by a barrier at all times on this level. The Rune Vessels are located on the second level, or at the location a player drops one. Players may feel free to jump between levels, as there is an immunity to falling damage in this warfront.

The Battle for Port Scion

*Maximum team size: 20
    *Minimum player level: 50
    *Victory condition: Accrue 1,000 points, OR the most points in 45 minutes, OR slay the enemy commander

There is a LOT to this warfront here is a guide:
    http://www.riftplanesoftelaraguide.n...t-scion-guide/

Karthan Ridge

Karthan Ridge is a new warfront that was introduced with Storm Legion. In this map, your goal is essentially to destroy your opponent's base before they destroy yours. The best way to relate it to something similar is to say it's like reverse-CTF, in a sense.
    In this map, the center is where the bombs are located, and each side's colored objectives represent their base items - each of which is a cannon.
    The bombs for this map are just like vessels, the Fang, etc. from other maps. Just pick them up, and you'll be in control over them. At the same time, however, your location will be broadcast across the entire map, allowing the enemies to easily see your location and work towards circumventing you before you can blow up their objectives.
    With bombs in hand, it's as important to watch your enemies as it is to watch yourself. Since you are running them into your enemy's territory, you will need to move quickly and efficiently and your primary focus should always be on planting the bomb, rather than getting kills.

If a player carrying a bomb is killed before they can utilize it, they will drop it. At this point, players from either team can pick it up. They do not reset when dropped.

The Codex

*Maximum team size: 15
    *Minimum player level: 20
    *Victory condition: Collect 1,000 points by holding vital positions, OR the most points in 20 minutes

This Warfront is a landscape set deep in the hills, around a central lake. Around them, four flags dictate strategic points of the area. The Vault is sealed in the southern valley, above the lake. The Translation Scope and Statue of Thoradin guard either side of the lake while looking over the water, in the rocky cliffs, stands the tower of the Codex. Holding each point gains you points, the Codex giving twice as many points. First to a thousand points or highest after fifteen minutes wins.

Whitefall Steppes

*Minimum player level: 30
    *Victory condition: Capture 3 sourcestone, OR the most enemy sourcestone within 20 minutes

This one is a very simple map, stones spawn in the middle, you then return them to your base. Stones can be stolen or taken back.

Conquest

The Factions:
    *Dominion – The Ram
    *Oathsworn – The Lion
    *Nightfall – The Raven

*Three Faction PvP
    *Engage in massive, cross-shard battles.
    *Control of as many Sourcestone Extractors as possible while preventing your opponents from doing the same.
    *These control points open access to buffs and resources to your team which provide a wide variety of benefits in addition to unlocking additional buffs and abilities you earn by contributing to your factions cause.
    *You won’t find gated doors in Conquest – your battle is on the field, not in a cozy castle! However, Caer Mathos (cleansed of its Endless occupants) now holds strategic importance for all three forces.
    *The match ends when a single team has claimed 40% of the control points or 5,000 players are killed – once this happens a 10 minute timer will start, this is your chance to make a last grab for control – after which you’ll earn your rewards!
    *Conquest offers yet another way to augment your gameplay and characters and there’s something for everyone. Even crafters play a vital role by refining the battlefield resources into upgrades and even more perks – you’ll find new recipes available at your crafting trainer!
    Here is a guide to Conquest for dummies:
    http://www.rift.rpgparadise.com/guid...st-for-dummies

PvP Ranks

Ranks in RIFT unlock new tiers of PvP gear and titles, Ranks are gained by doing warfronts and earning something called "Prestiege". (it works like an XP bar you can see it if you press "K") Rank goes from 0-80.

PvP Gear

Depending on your rank you can buy pvp gear, your first set is called the Mercenary Set, this set is automaticaly given to you whenever you enter a warfront at level 60 if you do not have pvp gear on, you must first buy this set before you can purchase the next Tier of gear. (you can add buffs to your bought mercenary set) At Rank 60 the Freelancer set opens up, you can then replace your previous tier with this gear and so on, it does this all the way up to rank 80 which is currently the best PvP gear in the game.

PvP Essences and Source Engine
    These items add extra stats to your charecter, the first tier can be purchased with infinity stones (a currency collected for completing Pve events and quests) the second tier opens up at Rank 60 and is purchased with a currency that comes from Conquest.

PvP Trinket
    First you must become exalted with the Karthan Ridge Faction by completeing a bunch of Karthan Ridge warfronts, then you can purchase the starter trinket, the trinket can be upgraded with an item you can purchase with Conquest currency obtained by completeng conquest.

PvP Quests
    Warfront Daily

These Daily quests recharge 1 quest per day and stack to 7, whenever you have a warfront daily it will be in the warfront queue tab (you can see this by pressing "k") to complete this quest you must win a warfront, these quests offer level appropriate Pve gear. bonus XP and favor.

Warfront Weekly

These quests ask you to win a certain number of Warfronts over the period of a week, completeing this gives you bonus currency and XP

Open World Quests

These Quests will ask you to go to a zone and complete quests, these quests will flag you for PvP so you can be attacked by the other faction, again these offer bonus rewards.

I cant think of anything at the moment sorry for spelling mistakes, and if you can see something i have missed tell me

Sources Used:
    http://rift.mmosite.com/news/2012-12...ge_guide.shtml
    telarapedia.gamepedia.com
    http://www.rifthead.com/zone/383/conquest
    http://reddragongaming.blogspot.co.u.../rift-pvp.html
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2013-09-01 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    may I have your permission to post this on my blog? I will of course credit you 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    may I have your permission to post this on my blog? I will of course credit you 100%
    As long as you credit my sources too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    As long as you credit my sources too
    but of course!

Thanks for the guide, PvP is one of my favourite aspects in Rift and this will be useful.

Deleted
    No problem, i think i have missed a few things out, but this is a good start.

Deleted
    Heya Nicho, just had a read through this and noticed a few points

Stockpile
    *Maximum team size: 16
    *Victory condition: Collect 500 points or the most points in 20 minutes by cleansing dark orbs and killing enemy players
    Instead of a single Fang in the center, you have many purple balls all over the ground in the center. Go get one (you can have up to three but each slows you a little more) and run to one of the lighted Cleansing Orbs. Click on it to deposit your balls. When a given Orb has taken all that it can it will disable and another Orb in the vicinity will light
    A few things here, I think the first and the most important that is needed is a breakdown of how points are scored, so as far as I'm aware its fairly simple, 10 points for every captured orb and 2 points for every kill (These values may be slightly off). The second is how the cleansing orbs/shrines only have a certain amount of charges each, Cleansing orbs/shrines spawn in sets of 2 and a new set won't respawn until both have been used, I believe each cleansing orb/shrine only has 10 charges and then the shrine will disappear. Once both have been used, a new set of cleansing orbs and shrines will spawn at a different location. The final thing maybe worth adding is how much of a speed debuff you get from carrying each orb, to the best of my knowledge its a 10% reduction in speed per orb you are carrying, so 3 orbs is a 30% reduction, I also 'believe' and it may be worth noting you can use teleports and run speed increases while carrying these orbs

[Library of the Runemasters

* Maximum team size: 15
    *Victory condition: Collect 1,000 points within 20 minutes by carrying Dwarven Rune Vessels or defeating enemy players
    Library of the Runemasters is a warfront contained within Hammerknell Fortress. The game lasts until either team gains 1000 points, or 15 minutes (whichever comes first). Similar to Black Garden, the objective is to maintain possession of the four Rune Vessels spread throughout the Library. Points are also gained for player kills. The player holding a vessel will take periodic damage, increasing the longer it is held.
    On entry players are located on the third floor of the library. Factions are separated by a barrier at all times on this level. The Rune Vessels are located on the second level, or at the location a player drops one. Players may feel free to jump between levels, as there is an immunity to falling damage in this warfront.
    The first thing here are there are actually a total of 6 rune vessels that spawn part way into the match (I'm not to sure whether they are triggered by time or by points), the additional two you have missed off spawn on the ledge directly under both the guardian and defiant spawn points.

The second thing you may want to add is the a breakdown of how points are scored, I know you get a X amount of points for your team every Y seconds for each rune vessel you have, also I believe when your team has 4 rune vessels at once you get some sort of bonus, I'd need to work the exact numbers out. Also include that you get additional points per kill, I believe it is 2/3 per kill or something like that.

Third thing is how the rune vessels respawn, I believe it to be something along the lines of a rune vessel respawns 30 seconds after the person who orginally picked it up dies, once again, I'd have to test this.

Fourth thing is a breakdown of how the rune vessels initially damage and ramp up in damage, to the best of my knowledge it is something like they take 7% of your health every 8 seconds and then that ramps up by an additional 7% every 8 seconds, You will also want to add that when people with rune vessels are standing within 10-15m of each other the ticks of the rune vessels will damage nearby people with rune vessels for a certain % of their maximum health.

The Battle for Port Scion

*Maximum team size: 20
    *Minimum player level: 50
    *Victory condition: Accrue 1,000 points, OR the most points in 45 minutes, OR slay the enemy commander
    There is a LOT to this warfront here is a guide:
    http://www.riftplanesoftelaraguide.n...t-scion-guide/
    Really Nico! Looks like you didn't even try with this one!!! The guide you linked is wayyyy outdated and wrong!

"When you bring a sourcestone back to your commander, you get a buff that increases damage dealt by 1%, reduces damage taken by 1%, and increases healing taken by 1%. These numbers increase by 1% each time a sourcestone is captured. Additionally, you get 50 points when you capture a sourcestone.

That buff was removed in like 1.4 and the amount of points per sourcestone were never that high! The Faction bosses have been virtually unkillable since 2.0, so people ignore these, so the majority of the match boils down to getting to 1,000 points as fast as possible and helping people to understand how to do this would be the best option, so provide a breakdown of how points are accrued.

The following may not be entirely accurate, it's just mainly from memory

Killing an endless mob or a mob from the plane of death: 2 Points per mob
    Killing an elite endless mob or a elite mob from the plane of death: 10 Points per mob
    Capturing a sourcestone and returning it your commander: 20 points per sourcestone
    Killing the death drake thing at the south of the map: 50 points
    Killing the baron in the chapel located north of the map: 50 or 100 points
    Killing both of the opposing factions planar extractors for the first time: 100 Points each

And then you may want to add a bit about how guardian/defiant NPC waves and mini bosses are spawned, I believe its something in relation to doing quest within the map, but in all honesty I genuinely have no idea how these work.

Karthan Ridge

Karthan Ridge is a new warfront that was introduced with Storm Legion. In this map, your goal is essentially to destroy your opponent's base before they destroy yours. The best way to relate it to something similar is to say it's like reverse-CTF, in a sense.
    In this map, the center is where the bombs are located, and each side's colored objectives represent their base items - each of which is a cannon.
    The bombs for this map are just like vessels, the Fang, etc. from other maps. Just pick them up, and you'll be in control over them. At the same time, however, your location will be broadcast across the entire map, allowing the enemies to easily see your location and work towards circumventing you before you can blow up their objectives.
    With bombs in hand, it's as important to watch your enemies as it is to watch yourself. Since you are running them into your enemy's territory, you will need to move quickly and efficiently and your primary focus should always be on planting the bomb, rather than getting kills.

If a player carrying a bomb is killed before they can utilize it, they will drop it. At this point, players from either team can pick it up. They do not reset when dropped.
    I think one thing you need to include is the fact that there are now two different versions of both Karthan Ridge and Black Garden up at all times and also how to identify which one you are in and include the different playstyles etc. For example Karthan Ridge alternate mode you have 5 control points and you score more points for capturing and controlling points the further they are away from your teams base. And for the Black Garden you have 3 control points, which all 'seem' to award the same amount of points, you also get additional points for killing players, so essentially both the alternate modes play out like codex, only they have a bit of a twist on the value of each base.

The Codex

*Minimum player level: 20
    *Victory condition: Collect 1,000 points by holding vital positions, OR the most points in 20 minutes

This Warfront is a landscape set deep in the hills, around a central lake. Around them, four flags dictate strategic points of the area. The Vault is sealed in the southern valley, above the lake. The Translation Scope and Statue of Thoradin guard either side of the lake while looking over the water, in the rocky cliffs, stands the tower of the Codex. Holding each point gains you points, the Codex giving twice as many points. First to a thousand points or highest after fifteen minutes wins.
    Once again a further breakdown of how points are accrued and how many points each base awards every X seconds for having captured it, to the best of my knowledge, all the bases par codex award 3 every X amount of seconds and the codex awards 5 every X amount of seconds. Also mention that it takes 30 seconds to capture a base and if it is interrupted by the team that initially controlled the base within those 30 seconds, they instantly get the base back under their control.

Whitefall Steppes

*Minimum player level: 30
    *Victory condition: Capture 3 sourcestone, OR the most enemy sourcestone within 20 minutes

This one is a very simple map, stones spawn in the middle, you then return them to your base. Stones can be stolen or taken back.
    Two things worth adding here, the first is mentioning that with the sourcestones you cannot use any teleports or run speed increasing abilities.

The second is maybe add the intervals in which new sourcestones spawn in the map, to the best of my knowledge they are set so that a new sourcestone spawns a certain amount of time after the last sourcestone was captured. Need to further test and verify this.

PvP Gear

Depending on your rank you can buy pvp gear, your first set is called the Mercenary Set, this set is automaticaly given to you whenever you enter a warfront at level 60 if you do not have pvp gear on, you must first buy this set before you can purchase the next Tier of gear. (you can add buffs to your bought mercenary set) At Rank 60 the Freelancer set opens up, you can then replace your previous tier with this gear and so on, it does this all the way up to rank 80 which is currently the best PvP gear in the game.
    One thing I'd suggest doing is a more detailed breakdown of how PVP gear and ranks work, so for example you mention that you get this gear when you enter a warfront at level 60, I'd probably mention this is called bolstering and that its a buff you should see on your buff icon bar, talk about the benefits of actually buying this gear, how if you buy this gear you can rune/enchant it to get quite a significant boost to your stats.

Then maybe go onto say how when you reach rank 60 you can spend freelancers marks and favor to get upgrade free cells to upgrade all your gear apart from your weapons (which require rank 70) to freelancer gear.

Then get onto say when you reach rank 70 you can start obtaining and spending warlords marks to get warlords cells to upgrade your all your freelancer gear to warlords gear apart from weapons (which require rank 80) and that how you can spend your freelancers marks and favor to buy the freelancers weapons

Then when you get to rank 80 you can buy the rank 80 weapons and congratulations you win the game.

So yea... just a few quick notes Nice work so far tho Nyko <3

Deleted
    Its just something i did really quick,mis there any way i can give you editorial rights?

there any way i can give you editorial rights?
    No. You are responsible for your own posts. Edit as needed.

Deleted
    Its just something i did really quick,mis there any way i can give you editorial rights?
    I'll probably rewrite the whole thing over the course of the next week in a lot more detail if you like, I'll probably segment it up a bit and add in some more breakdowns and pictures =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I'll probably rewrite the whole thing over the course of the next week in a lot more detail if you like, I'll probably segment it up a bit and add in some more breakdowns and pictures =)
    Sure thing that would be great. I threw this together really fast because of the amount of fools i saw in pvp so this was kind of made in a rage I have limoted time to do anything really so this was rushed and yeah it would be a great help thanls mate what you been up to anyway?

One thing to mention for people leveling and doing pvp: in my experience it would wise to save some favour so that when you jump bracket (eg from the 10-29 going to the 30-49 etc) you can buy some truly OP gear with favour. For example, when I hit 30 I noticed that other people could suddenly blow me up just like that, especially rogues. I went to the pvp tab of the store and found that the new weapon available for me as a mage was doing DOUBLE damage than the previous one I had (it was also from pvp). As such, I would strongly suggest when leveling and you are about to jump bracket to hold back on spending favour in order to get asap the new weapons.

On a random note, at higher brackets the gear gets much better looking too, so keep that in mind as well :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a quick update, it seems that coming in Patch 2.4 the 'join' your "favourite" i.e the FoTM Pre-made Conquest Faction button is gone and is now replaced by just one 'Join' a random Faction, long overdue

Hey, i see a lot of players interested in PvP so i though i would make a guid on how it all works in RIFT.

Thank you for this write up. I am very familiar with Rift but have stayed away from PVP. Just made a toon specifically for PVP and this information is very enlightening.

15+ Year Old Account
    dont forget about the OTHER black garden, where its like the Codex where you capture points and hold them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    dont forget about the OTHER black garden, where its like the Codex where you capture points and hold them.
    Black garden stockpile? i did i think? long time ago now. oh no you mean the one that dags made when he stuck flags in BG and KR and called it new content? i did this before trion got super lazy

Black garden stockpile? i did i think? long time ago now. oh no you mean the one that dags made when he stuck flags in BG and KR and called it new content? i did this before trion got super lazy
    IIRC that was one of the two "new" BG's made when Daglar went in on a weekend...like, he literally went in to work for the weekend and while he was there, made two new modes for existing BG's. That's anything but lazy, and actually pretty damn awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC that was one of the two "new" BG's made when Daglar went in on a weekend...like, he literally went in to work for the weekend and while he was there, made two new modes for existing BG's. That's anything but lazy, and actually pretty damn awesome.
    Yeah, he did this because the outcry for PvP attention reached it's boiling point again, normally he creates a thread like "Shall we get rid of CQ power" when the complaining gets to a huge peak then nothing comes from it. but it was nice of him at the time.