Thread: kicked

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have seen at least 6 instances where the highest dps (no bragging or linking done by them) was kicked for no apparent reason

saying that however, i dont have enough fingers and toes to count how many top dps have been kicked due to bragging
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Sounds like someone was spamming his dps meter while insulting everyone below him. Same old story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people mock LFR for "being full of scrubs" and it being "retard mode" and these people consequently tend to be near the top of the DPS charts through tunneling or having a gear advantage.

The thing they never realise is that - if their mocking statements were true - your performance level is meaningless, as is the amount of DPS you bring. Nobody has to put up with your shit if you can be kicked and replace by someone doing half your DPS, because half of your DPS is still enough for "retard mode" Everyone would be that much happier to not have to put up with someone being a dick, so there is no reason not to kick you and every reason to boot you to the side.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon LFR story time guys.

This has happened to me as well. The fight is going fairly well, I'm cleaving onto the adds to help make sure that they die, and near gate 4 the entire raid decided to not touch the adds. Ensuing wipe occurs, and people get mad. First person who gets yelled at is me, because I'm in heroic gear doing the LFR for fun, and they look at my PERCENTAGE of damage done to horridon. Regardless that I was doing as much or more dps to the adds as everyone else in the raid, because of my gear my dps was so much higher on horridon that I got kicked because I didn't *switch* to the adds. Didn't say a word, no epeen rubbing, but kicked almost instantly.

One time in ZG (cata remake) I got kicked on my warrior for no reason that I could discern. And I seriously mean that - I was top DPS, I was polite, and I tried very hard to nicely explain to them how to do the instance without tripping all over their shoelaces. I died on a trash pack because the tank couldn't hold threat. When I pulled threat, I took actions to drop threat and take as little damage as possible until the tank could taunt, but he of course never taunted, then they did not rez me and kicked me while I was running back.

That is seriously the entire story. I was carrying the group, I wasn't rude at any point, I didn't pull before the tank could - I waited for his slow ass the entire time, and I tried to help the group only after it was made clear that they had no idea what they were doing. I did not presumptuously start explaining things until after we had wiped several times to complete incompetence. I probably should have just left off the bat, but I try not to abandon groups at the first sign of trouble because I'm a team player.

Then I got kicked.

So, yeah, sometimes you really can get kicked for not doing anything wrong - and, in fact, doing many things right. People are weird, confusing creatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    So the answer to dealing with shit behavior (tunneling Horridon to show your "leet DPS") is to promote even worse behavior ("Hai guyz letz wipe twice so we get the buff and don't need to wipe when we push Jalak too fast"). Good thinking, there.

shit behavior isnt going away. if they dont care why should I.

@ Belloc trying to explain anything in lfr is pointless. wiping helps people figure out whats going on. plus determination to counter the downs. me switching to adds isnt magically going to make everyone else play half decent. let the wipes happen, they dont bother me ¯\(o_o)/¯

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No there wasnt. We didnt have cross realm dungeon groups and name changes back then. If you acted like a retard. you got shunned and had to reroll. You had one server and you couldnt act like a dick. Now there is NO consequences for being a dickwad and thats what ruined wow.
    People complained plenty. Just about different things.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been kicked for being better than everyone. I was doing a solid 50k DPS more than everyone else and tried to help with the strat because we had wiped, they kicked me for being a "LFR hero"
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in a dungeon once where this guy claimed his DPS was so good that he refused to kill trash with us. He was a Elemental Shaman that had top DPS on Torto LFR, and then used Goblin Glider to Margera, and just sat there. We kicked him.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't anything really constructive about this or anything to discuss. It's unfortunate if you've been booted but without any sort of details or information, it's just going in circles.