Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How does this make my realm bad?

I really don't get it.

I joined a very populated realm, Outland EU (alliance), because I thought it'd be a good idea. More people = more stuff to do. I've had no problem with the realm, but everyone in my raids keep complaining about it. I said: 'I don't understand how Outland not having a 13/13 guild makes it bad.' They sort of just dismissed me, but I really don't understand it.

The overwhelming majority, and certainly not anyone in my raids needs a 13/13 guild. So how does Outland not having one affect anything? There's plenty of guilds that have cleared normal, and plenty of guilds that have cleared most, if not some of heroic.

There's plenty of guilds.

What do they mean? I just don't understand how it affects any of them that there's no 13/13. They keep talking about transferring...for what? A guild that's available on Outland? It's not about the ques or anything like that either. They keep saying it's a pvp realm. Who cares? There's plenty, like I said, guilds for them to join.

Wowprogress is the only one who knows whether a guild is good or bad.

Anyway. To be honest if sounds like they're bad if they can't make it to 13/13H. Not to be insulting or anything, but if that's the metric of a good realm, it sounds like its their fault for not getting that far yet. They could make the realm "good." If they weren't bad that is.

I'm kind of curious how far progressed your guild is.

wow has always been this way. it's why the huge sub loss just keeps going and going because regardless of whether someone is having fun or not, the perception of the game matters enough to make them play/quit

it's what made the game so popular and it's why the game won't have 2,000,000 subs in 24 months

Nvm I stalked your guild from the picture of your warrior. 2/13H, eh?

Deleted
    edit: nevermind, now i am confused
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2013-09-01 at 09:16 PM.

Nobody knows if a guild is good or bad aside from those who have had personal experience with it in one form or another.
    Progress is just one measure, and a very narrow-minded one.

Not the case for all guilds certainly, but in my experience the push for progress can result in an attitude, certain behaviours which really do take something away from you as a player.

Mostly they are being dumb here. But, I guess their arguement is if it is a high pop - high active server they really should have at least one pro pve-type guild that gets all the realm firsts and such. You should just continue and enjoy what you are doing - they have empty crys to match their empty heads.

Deleted
    okay after reading it again and again, it just seems like your raid members just like being on the "best guild" instead of liking raiding.

oh and they want piggybacks.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's part of the mentality left over from the days that everyone was shoehorned into raiding at end-game. Now that kind of endgame is obsolete but people still value guilds progressing through heroic content even though fewer people than ever will be doing that kind of thing.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Nvm I stalked your guild from the picture of your warrior. 2/13H, eh?
    No, I'm only 12/12 normal. That's my point.

These things were said in a pug with the majority of people were 12/12 normal and a couple were very far into heroics. So why do they care? I still don't see how Outland is considered, by most, a bad realm for pve.

Deleted
    Isn't this just a fanboy thing like "I want to be where the sun shines"? Like playing on the server where method is must be better than a server where <insert top 10-20 guild>? This is just casual talk and you are reading way too much into it to make it even a relevant topic imo :P
    They just want to feel good in the shadow of someone big. It motivates them to stalk and be aroused whenever they trade with those and whatever... old story like posing in IF was something you could be proud of

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's part of the mentality left over from the days that everyone was shoehorned into raiding at end-game. Now that kind of endgame is obsolete but people still value guilds progressing through heroic content even though fewer people than ever will be doing that kind of thing.
    I fully understand that. What I don't understand is that on voice comms from guild runs or pugs, most people start to agree that outland is bad, and that they are planning to move. The only reason for saying that that I've been given is that there's no 13/13 on the realm, which makes no sense to me. People are talking about moving, pretty seriously, just because they don't have a great guild on their server, that they're not even in?

It's not like having a 13/13 guild unlocks something for the rest of us. :/

Deleted
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...ting.tier15_10

Outland EU, Alliance... 13/13 HC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralantos View Post
    Okay, I actually wasn't aware of that guild. That just makes it all the more confusing why they are whining so much.

It looks like you have a decent number of raiding guilds on the server, so people who are only interested in raiding normals (or even a few heroics) shouldn't have a problem.

However, there is a perception that having a large number of rapidly progression hardcore heroic guilds will provide several things for a realm:

-More readily available crafted items and crafting materials from players who "play more" and are "more serious," plus there is an "increased market" for selling high-end gear to bleeding-edge raiders
    -Availability of purchasable "carries" for mounts, gear, and achievements
    -"Better" pugs because you have a larger pool of better players who may be pugging on alts

There is also, of course, the prestige factor.

I can understand that some players who are looking for a higher rate of pregression, or for a 25m guild might say EU-Outland is bad, and it's certainly not going to be a server where those things are easily provided. However, it looks to me like it's a perfectly fine server.

When you're comparing it to something like Blackmoore, though, there's a significant lack of guild options in comparison.

EU-Outland appears pretty far down the Wowprogress list, at 57, but there are 209 EU realms ranked worse than OL. It's a fine server, but it seems like it has a reputation.

maybe they want more pve progression on the server or to join a well progressed guild? who the hell knows. people are always bitching about something, acting like their judgment is absolute

for example, people always talk about how toxic wow community is

you know what i havent seen in years while playing wow? players calling each other faggot and fucktard. behemoth spawned on adamantoise last night, it was like walking in on a group of 14 year old children playing halo or cod. i actually don't think i've ever seen anything like that while playing wow, for as "toxic" as we are all perceived.

Deleted
    outland is more of a pvp server than pve if I remember right, I xferd to some other server when the free xfers to lower pop realms came around

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    maybe they want more pve progression on the server or to join a well progressed guild? who the hell knows. people are always bitching about something, acting like their judgment is absolute

for example, people always talk about how toxic wow community is

you know what i havent seen in years while playing wow? players calling each other faggot and fucktard. behemoth spawned on adamantoise last night, it was like walking in on a group of 14 year old children playing halo or cod. i actually don't think i've ever seen anything like that while playing wow, for as "toxic" as we are all perceived.
    Well, you've been lucky. I literally just today saw someone ask for "266g for a battle pet" in Trade chat, and instead of being told ways to make the gold himself (at 59), he was called an idiot, a noob, "wellfare," and a "fucking moron." He was also told to "lol just quit." That's pretty damn toxic, especially if he was a new player.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well, you've been lucky. I literally just today saw someone ask for "266g for a battle pet" in Trade chat, and instead of being told ways to make the gold himself (at 59), he was called an idiot, a noob, "wellfare," and a "fucking moron." He was also told to "lol just quit." That's pretty damn toxic, especially if he was a new player.
    Not sure what realm your at but when MoP first launched I sold some rare battle pets (as a collection) for as much as 3-4k.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Not sure what realm your at but when MoP first launched I sold some rare battle pets (as a collection) for as much as 3-4k.
    I'm... not sure how that's relevant?