Worth an upgrade for PCU?

I bought a computer in October of 2011 that came with this CPU. It has served me very well for all of my gaming and computing purposes to date without having to overclock it. However, I am thinking about new games coming down the road and wondering if it makes sense to upgrade the CPU now given that it is 2 years old. I am thinking about upgrading to this, but wanted to ask the community here first on what you think. Is this worth the upgrade right now, or should I wait?

Some additional info that may help:
    - I do not over clock
    - I am looking to play BF4 and EQ Next Landmark this winter
    Last edited by jav27msb07; 2013-09-01 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you buy the unlocked proccesor if you aren't overclocking?
    And no you should not upgrade if you don't intend to overclock.
    What GPU are you using?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you are doing is gaming, the I7 you wanted to upgrade to would be overkill, as is repeatedly stated in these forums it has no real upgrade to gaming from what an I5 would offer you. Therefore saving you money possibly towards a GPU which may benefit you deeply for BF4 depending on your current graphics card? Hopefully someone will also come in with a non "K" version too since you don't plan to overclock.

In the mean time may want to link your current computer parts (GPU, PSU etc). As upcoming games may need something other than your CPU changing, if it even needs upgrading that is.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Thanks for the replies. I am writing this from my tablet and don't have access to my gaming rig to give you a full rundown of my specs. I will do so when I get back to my gaming rig and create a new post. I will include all specs and budget for possible upgrades.

So, here is my current GPU.

Does it make sense for me to upgrade if I want to play BF4 and EQ Next: Landmark? If so, should I do it now or wait until the games come out?
    Last edited by jav27msb07; 2013-09-03 at 05:52 PM. Reason: added link

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think an upgrade of the GPU might be good, I'd wait til the games actually come out before buying, to see what benchmarks look like.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for the new GPU's from AMD which should give you a free copy of BF4 right before the game should launch.
    Should be out by 25 September according to rumor.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

It would be about 15-20% improvement to some games, so probably not worth the money spent.

Also you can't switch i7-2600 into i7-4770K without switching motherboard too.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.