Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Veknilash
    Posts
    97
    "Mists of Pandaria was slightly weaker thematically, as there was no big looming end of the world disaster, which is something that players seem to really enjoy."

    HINT HINT HINT.

    Do I see a demonic invasion on the horizon? Or are those the twisted eyes of the Naga and Faceless Ones rising up to conquer the surface?

    Big Looming End of the World Disaster
    BLEWD.
    BLOOD.

    Confirmed, Blood Elves and Draenei lead the charge against the demons. Next expac Burning Legion focused. Final boss Sargeras. New World: Argus. Level cap raised to 100. Fanboys everywhere cream their pants at Blizzcon. ATVI stock rises 400$ per share. Everyone deletes all other MMO's on their computers. 7+ million new and returning subscribers. Warcraft 4 announced in the ending cinematic. Blizzard splits from ATVI, forms their own company. Purchases an island chain in the Pacific, starts terraforming. Hires exiled bioengineers to start work on creating Warcraft races. Purchases another island and names it Draenor. Blizzard council members sign the "Charter of Azerothian States". All current WoW subscribers recieve free Oculus VR rift and projector room space in giant warehous in South Dakota, where they can live out the rest of their days controlling the newly birthed races of the Azerothian States.
    Last edited by seni; 2013-09-02 at 08:30 PM.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    I still don't get why all the MMORPGs are stuck with the levels design.
    The skill progression in UO was much more fun and free, and end game content was not gated for young characters. I get it's way harder to balance, but this "level UP" thing is really getting old.
    Give me a break. I played UO from before there was Trammel. A skill system can be nice.. but I would much rather quest through low level zones then AFK macro skills like you had to do in UO to get to anywhere near having a playable character. NOBODY actually just played their characters from 0-100.. you macro´d until at least you were in the 90s and then you played. No tamers actually went hunting with anything less than dragons, mares and WW. If you were a bard, you didn´t fight anything til you had 100.0 in music from unattended macroing on a boat.

    Darkfail tried to recreate UO with it´s skill system also.. you know what happened? the first 2 weeks the game launched, there were 100s of players in every city casting fireballs into the air while unattended for hours and hours.

    No game has every created a skill based system that wasn´t simply exploited/afk´d. They all sound good in theory, but any system you make to reward ´skill-ups´ will quickly be reverse engineered and exploited. Even after UO implemented the 8x8 system, players quickly figured out to use boats. I got parry to 100.0 in a few hours by standing on steps and had someone cast BS underneath me. etc etc etc.

  3. #83
    High Overlord Bawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    198
    I agree the older models NEED an update but, I wish Blizzard would address female worgens early on in the revamps. All the clipping on the model, the facial structure looks nothing like the male, the bulging pug eyes that stretch over the skeleton, the impossible body structure (the boobs don't even look like boobs ...do the modelers even know what anatomy is?) and worgens need tail options. The fact that the good looking alpha model was scrapped at the last second cause Blizzard worries so much about their 'rep' was the reason they rushed quickly and shit out the current female worgen model.

    The older models need updates aesthetically from age. The female worgen model needs updates because it is the buggiest character model to date.

    Other than that, I think Night Elf, Troll and Undead (I kinda drool over the idea of revamped undead, I hope they look amazing) really need a lot of attention.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Give me a break. I played UO from before there was Trammel. A skill system can be nice.. but I would much rather quest through low level zones then AFK macro skills like you had to do in UO to get to anywhere near having a playable character. NOBODY actually just played their characters from 0-100.. you macro´d until at least you were in the 90s and then you played. No tamers actually went hunting with anything less than dragons, mares and WW. If you were a bard, you didn´t fight anything til you had 100.0 in music from unattended macroing on a boat.

    Darkfail tried to recreate UO with it´s skill system also.. you know what happened? the first 2 weeks the game launched, there were 100s of players in every city casting fireballs into the air while unattended for hours and hours.

    No game has every created a skill based system that wasn´t simply exploited/afk´d. They all sound good in theory, but any system you make to reward ´skill-ups´ will quickly be reverse engineered and exploited. Even after UO implemented the 8x8 system, players quickly figured out to use boats. I got parry to 100.0 in a few hours by standing on steps and had someone cast BS underneath me. etc etc etc.
    Ah yes Trammel, where the Wrath babies were conceived. Joking, of course. I don't mind Trammel, or WOTLK.

    More on topic. I did what you claim noone did though. Me and my ingame friends. I played to raise skill, had fun too. Sure you can raise skill all day - there's a time and a place for that. But I also just played the game and improved my skills. I've hunted with lower beasts as well, like Frenzied Ostards. Same with my bard. I had great fun playing low levels. In fact, what UO got VERY right - was grouping for people with different skill levels. You could for instance join your high skill mates right away to be a bandage bitch - or be a loot collector (hides). This might all sound noobish to you and not "End Game" - but that's my point: a lot of people -did- enjoy the stuff in between. I did.

    You are right about the problems and ways to manipulate, but don't you sometimes wish a new game managed to create an exciting new skill based system?
    Last edited by zoop; 2013-09-02 at 08:44 PM.

  5. #85
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Given that nearly every single interview has talked about new Dwarf models, and most of the new NPC models have been Orcs, I'm like 90% sure the first new models will be Dwarves and Orcs.

    I'm also 90% sure people will claim Horde favoritism because "nobody plays Dwarves anyway" and "Orcs are like the most important race yo".
    actually statistics show the most played races are humans and blood elves (people are so god dam boring).
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by zoop View Post
    Ah yes Trammel, where the Wrath babies were conceived. Joking, of course. I don't mind Trammel, or WOTLK.

    More on topic. I did what you claim noone did though. Me and my ingame friends. I played to raise skill, had fun too. Sure you can raise skill all day - there's a time and a place for that. But I also just played the game and improved my skills. I've hunted with lower beasts as well, like Frenzied Ostards. Same with my bard. I had great fun playing low levels. In fact, what UO got VERY right - was grouping for people with different skill levels. You could for instance join your high skill mates right away to be a bandage bitch - or be a loot collector (hides). This might all sound noobish to you and not "End Game" - but that's my point: a lot of people -did- enjoy the stuff in between. I did.

    You are right about the problems and ways to manipulate, but don't you sometimes wish a new game managed to create an exciting new skill based system?
    That simply wouldn't work in todays times, we gamers became sissies and want noticeable improvement of our character on an hourly basis whilst leveling and weekly improvement while doing end-game content. That said, the whole UO scheme was fine at it's day, but even then it was really hardcore even for the most hardcore players.

    Worked for UO as it was one of the first recognized graphic MMOs, wouldn't work at all today, hardcore, grindy and boring is what UO is compared to modern games.

  7. #87
    I really hope they fix the disaster that is female worgen model...And, didn't they say that the models are roughly 25% done some time ago? Wanna bet they'll be 100% in time for the next expansion? :P

  8. #88
    Bloodsail Admiral Shudder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Hey Bliz... just make 3 big guild guild hubs/castles etc that occupies real place (no phasing) and give it to the 3 top guilds per faction in each server. Maybe make them contestable through PvP as well. I'd love to have some real connection to the WoW other than just being a random character that cannot interact with the world.
    I'd like this. Only make it 10 guild houses instead. Top 5 pve and top 5 pvp guilds. This is coming from someone who is in a shitty guild that's ranked 50th on the realm. So I would never get to use it but it's still an awesome idea.

  9. #89
    Banned Slenderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greenock, Scotland
    Posts
    1,395
    Forsaken new Char models!!

    For FUCKS sake we have been wearing tattered armour for ages,

  10. #90
    "The team considered changing racials in Patch 5.4, as a lot of the top guilds are switching to Horde. The impact it has on the game is limited to a handful of guilds in the world, so changing it for everyone because a handful of guilds feel that the Horde racials will make the difference in PvE ended up not being worth it."

    See also: "We don't change them because those racials make top guilds faction change thus making us more money and we'd be stupid to not make more money"

    What a horrendously terrible answer.

  11. #91
    I voted for worgen(because the female model is probably the worst thing I have ever seen in the game) and tauren, mainly because I really don't want my orc to turn out looking like Garrosh and I dont want my troll to end up looking like Voljin.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Neliel Boa View Post
    I don't think it is as easy as you think.
    Humor me, what's the worst that can happen.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    actually statistics show the most played races are humans and blood elves (people are so god dam boring).
    May you one day grow up mentally past the age of 12 and not feel so threatened by differing opinions.

  14. #94
    Hopefully they will make from Bloodelfs heterosexuals...

  15. #95
    Gotta love the Developer Interviews banner

    Last edited by Guinzil; 2013-09-03 at 10:58 AM.

  16. #96
    Bloodsail Admiral Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,156
    I... if rogue CP get bound to rogue, which we've been asking for years, my life will literally be complete. (after an HD remake of FF9)

  17. #97
    IMO, player housing would be a waste of time. I would use it, but I'm also the only one I know that maxed out their farm - which is sort of like player housing lite. You can see even in the backlash from pet battles that most people don't care about cosmetic/for fun stuff and that dev time would be better spent on things that improve player power, because that's where most people put their energy.

    I feel like I read on MMO champ forever ago that the dwarf models were nearly complete. Since my main is a dwarf I'll take those now and screw the rest of you I feel like the gnome models need an update bad, they're so squished and jerky and don't have enough face options. For horde, I'm most excited to see the undead model, as those have always had the most potential to be crazy amazing.

  18. #98
    I do believe Blizzard said Dwarves were high candidates for getting their models reworked, so they may be among the first for Alliance. Considering how low-poly the faces are for male dwarves, I think that's a good idea.

  19. #99
    LOL the interviews banner made me laugh hard.

  20. #100
    Keyboard Turner Melzarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1
    Assembling the 'Dolphin' tomorrow. Thanks for the build, looking good and in my price range!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •