Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    25%? Alright I'm starting to wonder if Blizz is taking the new models seriously. I'm excited for the new expac and all but the models are what I've been wanting the most.
    All this talk about people getting butt-hurt because their character changes too much is lame. You won't hurt my feelings as long as the models are sexy, sleek, and badass.

The new toy items added in Mists of Pandaria take up a lot of inventory space, so they are high on the priority list of things to remove from player bags. Heirlooms are next on the list, followed by tabards, but there is no solid timeline on when this will be available yet.
    I really feel like putting heirlooms on top of the list would be more beneficial. If we saw something like "Heirlooms have now been consolidated. Once any character has obtained an heirloom item, it will now be available through a special tab on the character pane. This change works retroactively and will affect all existing and future characters on a player's entire account, not just his or her realm" blizz would see more subs than "*NEW* Toychest: 'Fun' items will now have their own designated storage area. Players will be able to access all of the toys they found in their adventures in one simple and easy to find area."

Simply put, I will resub if I know I can use my heirlooms on a new server. The toy chest is nice and everything, but its only a small solution to a bigger problem, that should be solved at the same time as the tabards problem.

Also, I voted for Human and Orc models. I feel like Human needs it the most of any race Horde and Alliance, just because of the male's butt. I would like my orcs to have the same general appearance as Garrosh. I was in love with the 5.4 trailer and Garrosh's expressions, movement, and animations. Other than that, I cannot wait for troll models, they've done a really good job with new trolls in recent content and I'm hoping that trolls get this kind of treatment. Can't wait to see Dwarf beards move around a lot either.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Moving Dalaran to use in the Siege of Orgrimmar was considered, but it would have caused serious performance issues for many players.
    Is the WoW engine so fail that it can't support a floating city outside of Org?
    Yes, actually. The WoW engine is horrible about rendering vertical assets.

During Cataclysm there was a revamp of the graphics system by adding shadows to the game, which required raising the ambient light in every zone, as the shadows made it too dark. This resulted in the night time having more ambient light than it used to.
    BS. WoW had baked in light maps shadows before shadow maps in Cata - in fact we still have them now; just set "shadow quality" to low. It wasn't too dark then, why is it too dark now?
    It's not shadow maps they're talking about, it's the dynamic shadows. And it did make the place darker.

WoW will have gone F2P by the time they release new character models. Give it up people, they're stringing you along.

An idea for the future is adding a system similar to the Conquest catch up, allowing players that return to earn more Valor to catch up to everyone else. Not having to log in every single day might also be something to look at.
    No fucking shit. It only caters to the no-lifers maskerating as casuals. The developers namely GC spent half the expansion defending it only to go about going oh gee guess it wasnt such a good idea. rageface.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Moving Dalaran to use in the Siege of Orgrimmar was considered, but it would have caused serious performance issues for many players.
    It's not the engine, it's the performance issues it would cause for players, to have the city of Orgrimmar and the city of Dalaran both loaded into memory at the same time.

Back in Wrath, they wanted the Argent Tournament to be beneath Dalaran, and scrapped the concept for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Well in most cases they did you a favor :P
    In most cases yeah, but there aren't a lot of heroic 25m guilds to choose from on my server. I don't really like 10m and paying to race change seems dumb. They should be cosmetic racials. I get that the dumbing down and giving every class the same spells is getting annoying but so are things like being denied cause your race isn't a dps race.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The new toy items added in Mists of Pandaria take up a lot of inventory space, so they are high on the priority list of things to remove from player bags. Heirlooms are next on the list, followed by tabards, but there is no solid timeline on when this will be available yet."

They managed to put all the mounts and companion pets into an account wide format... why can't they do the exact same thing with toys, tabards, heirlooms, and even items you want to save for transmogging... save the pattern, not the item. That's all we want them for, right?

Nice artwork specialy the stormwind spirit vs orgrimmar spirit. And I bet the 2 first races will be orc and humans .

Jesus, just add more inventory space, what is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    Gotta love Blizz reasoning. "We noticed that top guilds were switching to horde, but we feel the racials are probably fine anyway."

Derp derp diddly doo.

I think all racials should be profession related for the passives, not something that's going to make any real difference in PvP or PvE. As for the actives, I know there's no easy answer, getting rid of them entirely would add to the overall feeling of homogenization that we've had in the game from cataclysm going forward. I think it's nice to have a few functional differences for the classes, but not when some are obviously overpowered.

Then again, are these guilds also operating under the idea of trying to squeeze 0.00001% more dps/healing/whatever by forcing their raid members into a certain race? Or is it a much more noticeable and obvious bit of overpower we're dealing with?
    Thats just racist

These people asking for a resource for shaman should be very careful. They'll end up like Ret pallys.

Be careful what you ask for you might get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They won't touch the Cata models. Only the Classic and the TBC ones. The Cata ones came 3 years ago.
    That's not good reasoning at all, sorry. Compared to Pandaren, Gobs and Worgs look and feel like crap and still closer to the older models. The only things Gobs have that everyone else doesn't is actual 3D animated hair and some facial animations. They still need more work really, especially Worgen.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe Human is beating Nelf on the poll for which race needs a graphical update the most, humans in WoW already look good (hence why most of my chars are human despite Wolf/Panda racials being OP) whereas Nelfs look like Rodger the Rabbit on a Meth-Amphetamine binge O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Jesus, just add more inventory space, what is the problem.
    I don't think it is as easy as you think.

Deleted
    Ad Player owned housing. Yes, purely instanced housing really only works when it's useful for something, this has been really well done in Runescape. As for Ultima Online, we all now what "problems" there were with public housing... I think a nice concept for WoW would be something like LotRO has:

It has sort of "neighborhoods" of around 20 houses (which could be increased with current technology), which consists of around 15 player houses and 5 guild houses. It's mostly for showing off your achievements (there are rare drops from bosses and other sources that you can put into your house or in the guild house). And to prevent clogging up the neighborhoods with inactive players, you have to pay weekly upkeep for the house (with normal gold and it's not really expensive, no real money involved) and you can pay a couple months in advance, but when you don't pay for about a year, you are then evicted from the house (with items put safely in escrow) to make space for active players.

It's not as much instanced as Rift's dimensions or Runescape's POH, where you have to invite other people to see your house, it's not as public as Ultima's to cause chaos or to be limited to a number of players on the server and it is not really difficult design-wise... You wanna have Nefarian's head above your entrance? You want to put stuffed Ghaz'rilla into your garden pond? Warglaive's above your mantlepiece? I think it would be awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I can't believe Human is beating Nelf on the poll for which race needs a graphical update the most, humans in WoW already look good (hence why most of my chars are human despite Wolf/Panda racials being OP) whereas Nelfs look like Rodger the Rabbit on a Meth-Amphetamine binge O.o
    Firstly, it might be because lots of people play Human just because it's the "main race" of the Alliance, secondly, have you ever looked at WoW Human male face before? The mouth is terrifying!

Poll - First Race for New Character Models?
    Which Alliance / Horde race would you like to see get new character models first?
    Should be named "Which Alliance / Horde race are you currently playing?

I voted based on the uglynes of current races (Draenai & Trolls) and what I thus not play, not based on what I currently play (Blood Elf/Orc).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually its still running off the wc3 engine. I'm surprised that they still manage to make new beautiful zones with a 12+ year old engine.

Imo dwarfs need revamp the most for me.

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    "The new toy items added in Mists of Pandaria take up a lot of inventory space, so they are high on the priority list of things to remove from player bags. Heirlooms are next on the list, followed by tabards, but there is no solid timeline on when this will be available yet."

They managed to put all the mounts and companion pets into an account wide format... why can't they do the exact same thing with toys, tabards, heirlooms, and even items you want to save for transmogging... save the pattern, not the item. That's all we want them for, right?
    I'd imagine part of the problem with tabards is some of them have additional effects tied into them (IE reputation in dungeons). Transmog gear and the like is probably more of a database issue. They already have to track huge amounts of data per character. While storage space is relatively cheap, when you have to add new things to tens of millions of characters, that can get awfully bulky and potentially expensive.

Not to mention they would have to find a decent UI to handle the transmog patterns. Even with a dozen items in a slot the current one can already get cluttered. So it is probably not a priority for them to try yet.

The new toy items added in Mists of Pandaria take up a lot of inventory space, so they are high on the priority list of things to remove from player bags. Heirlooms are next on the list, followed by tabards, but there is no solid timeline on when this will be available yet.
    All that we want is a set wardrobe, why they don't understand this ? Void storage hadn't enough space for that...