Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What was your favorite zone in wow?

As this is my first post i just thought id start it off with a question. What was your favorite zone in wow? Personally id love to go back to The Storm Peaks. I loved the scenery, the lightning in the sky, the music. I felt like i was actually apart of something larger when i was there, more so during the quest " Fate of the Titans" I actually felt as if i was forging the future in that moment. Everything about that zone was amazing imo. So where would you like to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    desolance before cata, best zone ever

In B4 Nagrand

Hmmm... Coleridge Valley/Dun Morogh. I like. Tirisfal Glades #2
    Last edited by IAmBizMarkie; 2013-09-02 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    I personally think that Jade Forest was actually one of the best zones ever created, if not the best. From their respective eras, I'd mention Vashj'ir, Dragonblight and Duskwood as well.

Nagrand hands down.

Favorite zone is Dustwood.

Favorite spot is The giant stone pillars that were used for the old Shaman totem quests, whenever I'm going to be queuing a lot of PVP or LFG I park my toon out there.
    Hi Sephurik

In vanilla I used to go to Arathi Highlands and Tanaris at night and look at the sky/zone. Both zones really called the adventurous side of my soul. Didn't hurt that the music was very moody and just perfect. These days though... I don't know. I haven't felt that same draw/attachment to a zone since vanilla and with the 'bright nights' it's hard to say those zones are perfect for 'star gazing' as it were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quel'Danas and Shadowmoon. Crystalsong has a certain charm too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    As this is my first post i just thought id start it off with a question. What was your favorite zone in wow? Personally id love to go back to The Storm Peaks. I loved the scenery, the lightning in the sky, the music. I felt like i was actually apart of something larger when i was there, more so during the quest " Fate of the Titans" I actually felt as if i was forging the future in that moment. Everything about that zone was amazing imo. So where would you like to go?
    Storm Peaks, the music was perfect!

Deleted
    Vash'jir, hands down. Beautiful scenery, awesome fishes and it was different from all of the other zones. I can't understand how people didn't like the zone.

Also, why does everyone seem so smitten by Nagrand? I mean, it's a beautiful zone and all but I don't think it's worthy of the praise it has gotten. Any Nagrand lover out there that can fill me in on their thoughts?

Vash'jir wasn't a bad zone. I don't think people understood the zone. Most of the population wasn't really used to that kind of zone. I mean everything was underwater. You quested underwater which is a big change when for the past years of the game you've been above the water for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekr0b View Post
    Vash'jir, hands down. Beautiful scenery, awesome fishes and it was different from all of the other zones. I can't understand how people didn't like the zone.

Also, why does everyone seem so smitten by Nagrand? I mean, it's a beautiful zone and all but I don't think it's worthy of the praise it has gotten. Any Nagrand lover out there that can fill me in on their thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vash'jir and Quel'danas

The music was really amazing. I've never been in a zone that made me feel that sense of importance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    Storm Peaks, the music was perfect!

Storm Peaks and the Jade Forest. Storm peaks music is just far and away some of the best in the entire game, the mood in the zone was just perfect as this place of wonder and ancient power. The Jade forest is a really beautiful and detailed zone, filled with tiny little hidden areas and locations. I've spent hours just walking down the different paths around the forest on foot checking things out, Pandaria is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I'd agree with Storm Peaks, music was awesome. I also liked Dragonblight, the quests were great. I preferred the alliance quest hubs though, the keep up in the mountains near Naxx, and that night elf camp. And ofcourse the dragon quests which lead up to the wrathgate/icecrown then onto the whole invade undercity part. Imo wow needs more quest lines similar to this.

Deadwind Pass. Eerie. Karazhan.

Delicious.

Elwynn Forest; it is where the magic started.

Was there any questing in Deadwind Pass? or was it just the way you got to Kara? I can't remember
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Deadwind Pass. Eerie. Karazhan.

Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elwynn Forest, Favorite town, Goldshire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Whenever I'm leveling, I always do 77-80 in Storm Peaks. For instance zones, it'd have to be Ulduar.