Poll: What would you do?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Also sociopathy and psychopathy are different...sociopathy is thought to have more of a root in abuse/neglect.
    Yeah that's why I wanted to make it clear she was abused and her mother tried to kill her likely leading to her well.. fucked up actions. Her mother was also a very well known prostitute in the area who may have been in some sort of dominatrix thing or something not sure don't remember. Could have definitely aided.

Now... the other girl who was with her on the 2nd murder I have no idea what her history was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste them. They're a threat to me.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    But it's nothing unusual. You can treat it, depending on how much serious it is. You have to learn them what is empathy, you have to know them what are consequences of their actions. You are not talking about adults, but about kids.
    Psychopaths know what empathy is, they just have a switch that can shut it off.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many armchair psychiatrists in this thread. LOL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Waste them. They're a threat to me.
    In your case, it would certainly be hereditary

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Train them to be like Dexter.
    I lol'd so hard

I would teach them to focus their violent tendencies appropriately, buy them the best education that money can buy in the fields of genetic engineering/weapons development and groom them to take over the world with an unstoppable army of enormous super mutants.

To do any less would be shortsighted and wasteful.

teach him how he should be.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

take out a good life insurance policy and find a way to convincingly kill them of "natural" causes.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Nailed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could you not keep them... Yeah, it wouldn't be much fun and might be a lot to dealt with, but if it's been diagnosed then with proper medications, therapy, and guidance it's probably manageable, right? And no doubt make sure they grow to take responsibility for it as well and manage their own treatment, and avoid being one of those people who just ups and decides to stop taking their meds.

Deleted
    I would still raise the child. I would do my best to give him medical help, and I'd make sure he continued to grow up in a good environment. If any crimes are committed, I'd report them.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aka The code of Harry.

Get the best care available with the least level of separation that care requires. There are some other options now for ppl who would in the past be institutionalized. There are mental health trained home type "sitters" as well as mental health daycare type programs. It's hard to say it depends on so much.

Deleted
    Teach him the code!

I would give it up and run like hell. Then again, I am not planning on being a parent, for obvious reasons.

Psycopathy isn't inherently evil. They actually make great captains of industry, lawyers, CEOs, or salespeople. If they are able to control the worst aspects of it, it can be a significant edge.

Most people hate them, but love them if they are on their side, because they can be wildly effective.
    Last edited by Grummgug; 2013-09-02 at 01:33 AM.

I guess go harm little animals with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Psycopathy isn't inherently evil. They actually make great captains of industry, lawyers, CEOs, or salespeople. If they are able to control the worst aspects of it, it can be a significant edge.

Most people hate them, but love them if they are on their side, because they can be wildly effective.
    Sure they do, but the morality standards of those lines of those industries can be rather skewed towards that sort of behavior to begin with. Which says a lot about those industries...

A little melodramatic but raises some interesting points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Which Dexter? The novel version of Dexter Morgan or dumb TV Dexter Morgan who makes so many mistakes it's surprising he's still alive?
    No! This Dexter!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter's_Laboratory
    "The Xbox one sucks and the PS4 isn't as Ready as my Body" - Reggie Fils-Aime

My Friend Code is 1864 - 9258 - 8679 PM me if you add me so I can add you back!