Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    This, Holiday content is temporary (annual) I would rather have them spend lots more time on content rather than focusing on holidays that only last a week to a few weeks.
    I disagree. Blizz is a big company. Why cant they do both? Its not like a holiday event would require a team of devs for months. One guy for a few weeks should be enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I feel like the holidays are fine as is. I prefer them focusing on the next expansion rather than adding holiday content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    This, Holiday content is temporary (annual) I would rather have them spend lots more time on content rather than focusing on holidays that only last a week to a few weeks.
    What is the difference on priority between new quest content you can do once every character and new holiday content, which you do once a year during a certain period?
    Last edited by mmoc51949ba2e4; 2013-09-02 at 07:20 AM.

Anyone remember when they used to be big QQ fests because it was the only other way to get a 310 mount besides the gladiator/al'ar mounts? I think it was mostly School of Hard Knocks, Be Mine, and the one that required the squashling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, all they need to do is add new rewards to each holiday. This years midsummer fire fest was fairly fail. Besides farming for MORE pets for selling/personal use, veteran players had no reason to participate in the holiday. Brewfest/Hallow's Eve seems to be the same- Those without the mounts will farm for mounts, those without pets will get the pets, those who already have everything will.. most likely ignore the events, maybe farm the sellable pets again.

To be honest, a special short-term holiday pet battle/trainer would be sweet. New things to collect as well. All blizzard needs to do for holidays is add a new farmable thing each year, preferably NOT a random drop, but grindable.

Ah, well. At least it seems that Winter Veil will be having a bit of the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think they could tweak the holiday events, without a major overhaul. Well, a minor overhaul in some cases. Brewfest in Orgrimmar is going to be strange, it should be Halfhill to Stormstout brewery. And the alemental minipet should be from brewfest. And the fight should be in Stormstout, with different mobs (same mechanics are fine). And the mount should be a brewfest themed goat. Ok, I guess that's a lot of "tweaking".

I've thought for a while that Winterveil should include a humongous Hodir walking around azeroth (a la Deathwing during Cataclysm) making it snow, since he's the original Greatfather Winter. I guess that one would be more than a minor tweak for dev time too.

Holidays are a way to keep many people interested, giving them something novel to do instead of the same things they'll be doing for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want updated holidays or new zones?

Most people don't know about this, but the Macabre Mari9onette from the Day of the Dead holiday is going to be an actual battle pet next patch. DON'T ignore it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Do you want updated holidays or new zones?
    Actually I want that kind of shit stopped, if you please.
    I wonder how Blizzard managed to do content in the past years. You know, when they've done everything, without fucking lame excuses like this one about doing only one thing at a time.
    You know, making one world location and one raid location - with heavy reusing everything already existing in the game - per half of the year doesn't seem to be an example of hard dev work, actually. Maybe it is a time to stop defending lazyness?
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-09-02 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    i dont really care about the holiday events already got my achis and stuff years ago dont see a reason to do any of them again exept id like the dam horseman mount tho after 5 or so years :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a bad decision by blizzard. The world events like hallow's end are really really popular with the player base. They should be changed up every year or two just to keep people interested in them. I can remember back in bc and wrath when the world events came around everyone played a lot during those events, even having trouble fielding a raid team because everyone was doing holiday stuff.

Something thats been bugging me for years, is that we have long periods without any festivities.
    now im not talking about having a huge event every month, but imo there needs to be more events, just easy stuff like fireworks and decorative stuff , stuff that gets you out in the world
    and more events like hallows end, I love that event! costumes are my fav thing

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I feel that the children's week could use a boss, and the ability to adopt the kids instead of taking their pets.

otherwise, the holidays are fine.
    i agree. I think every holiday should have a Boss fight that drops a pet or a mount or upgrade gear. Who doesn't want to fight Father Winterveil for giving us a gaudy sweater or 2 footballs err wait, nevermind. Seriously, I would like a boss for every holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Actually I want that kind of shit stopped, if you please.
    I wonder how Blizzard managed to do content in the past years. You know, when they've done everything, without fucking lame excuses like this one about doing only one thing at a time.
    A lot of it was done during Vanilla and BC when there really wasn't a lot going on at the time.

Another chance at my mount from Headless Horsemen, and shit, I don't care if the holiday event was just a bunch of pumpkins scattered around the major cities, ffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'd prefer them to have a dev team bigger than the crew of a Starbucks in a stripmall.
    I hear ya! Could not agree more.