Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Field Marshal ognomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baja Califoria
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    So because YOU are bored with them, you don't think anyone else should have them? Childrens week still has a few rewards for me (cause I missed this years). I know people who haven't been playing very long to whom they still still be new. I can understand and sympathize with your position, but that's no reason to take the holidays out.

    They are mostly getting stale for me too, just the odd and end I personally need and a few things I can sell to others. However, I agree with that statement. They're in a nice place right now, they're looking good, fun when new, and have plenty to do for new people. I would rather they take the time and effort on new content, than just changing current content.
    I'm not going to claim I know anything about Blizzard production resource or time allotted, It just seems holiday events fall into "dead time" between patches and it would be nice to look forward to a shot of excitement during these time to keep sub numbers up. Blizzard for me has stop making those excitement like items at Wrath of the Lich King and they can't seem to get their game back on track, this one of many reasons I unsubbed.
    I like Ah! my goddess, want to make some thing of it!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    This, Holiday content is temporary (annual) I would rather have them spend lots more time on content rather than focusing on holidays that only last a week to a few weeks.
    I disagree. Blizz is a big company. Why cant they do both? Its not like a holiday event would require a team of devs for months. One guy for a few weeks should be enough.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    I feel like the holidays are fine as is. I prefer them focusing on the next expansion rather than adding holiday content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    This, Holiday content is temporary (annual) I would rather have them spend lots more time on content rather than focusing on holidays that only last a week to a few weeks.
    What is the difference on priority between new quest content you can do once every character and new holiday content, which you do once a year during a certain period?
    Last edited by Shengar; 2013-09-02 at 07:20 AM.

  4. #24
    Anyone remember when they used to be big QQ fests because it was the only other way to get a 310 mount besides the gladiator/al'ar mounts? I think it was mostly School of Hard Knocks, Be Mine, and the one that required the squashling.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,535
    Really, all they need to do is add new rewards to each holiday. This years midsummer fire fest was fairly fail. Besides farming for MORE pets for selling/personal use, veteran players had no reason to participate in the holiday. Brewfest/Hallow's Eve seems to be the same- Those without the mounts will farm for mounts, those without pets will get the pets, those who already have everything will.. most likely ignore the events, maybe farm the sellable pets again.

    To be honest, a special short-term holiday pet battle/trainer would be sweet. New things to collect as well. All blizzard needs to do for holidays is add a new farmable thing each year, preferably NOT a random drop, but grindable.

    Ah, well. At least it seems that Winter Veil will be having a bit of the update.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  6. #26
    I think they could tweak the holiday events, without a major overhaul. Well, a minor overhaul in some cases. Brewfest in Orgrimmar is going to be strange, it should be Halfhill to Stormstout brewery. And the alemental minipet should be from brewfest. And the fight should be in Stormstout, with different mobs (same mechanics are fine). And the mount should be a brewfest themed goat. Ok, I guess that's a lot of "tweaking".

    I've thought for a while that Winterveil should include a humongous Hodir walking around azeroth (a la Deathwing during Cataclysm) making it snow, since he's the original Greatfather Winter. I guess that one would be more than a minor tweak for dev time too.

    Holidays are a way to keep many people interested, giving them something novel to do instead of the same things they'll be doing for months.

  7. #27
    Pit Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,439
    Do you want updated holidays or new zones?

  8. #28
    Most people don't know about this, but the Macabre Mari9onette from the Day of the Dead holiday is going to be an actual battle pet next patch. DON'T ignore it this year.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Do you want updated holidays or new zones?
    Actually I want that kind of shit stopped, if you please.
    I wonder how Blizzard managed to do content in the past years. You know, when they've done everything, without fucking lame excuses like this one about doing only one thing at a time.
    You know, making one world location and one raid location - with heavy reusing everything already existing in the game - per half of the year doesn't seem to be an example of hard dev work, actually. Maybe it is a time to stop defending lazyness?
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-09-02 at 08:57 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Do you want updated holidays or new zones?
    Do you want new zones or updated models?
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  11. #31
    i dont really care about the holiday events already got my achis and stuff years ago dont see a reason to do any of them again exept id like the dam horseman mount tho after 5 or so years :P

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,844
    Such a bad decision by blizzard. The world events like hallow's end are really really popular with the player base. They should be changed up every year or two just to keep people interested in them. I can remember back in bc and wrath when the world events came around everyone played a lot during those events, even having trouble fielding a raid team because everyone was doing holiday stuff.

  13. #33
    Something thats been bugging me for years, is that we have long periods without any festivities.
    now im not talking about having a huge event every month, but imo there needs to be more events, just easy stuff like fireworks and decorative stuff , stuff that gets you out in the world
    and more events like hallows end, I love that event! costumes are my fav thing

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I feel that the children's week could use a boss, and the ability to adopt the kids instead of taking their pets.

    otherwise, the holidays are fine.
    i agree. I think every holiday should have a Boss fight that drops a pet or a mount or upgrade gear. Who doesn't want to fight Father Winterveil for giving us a gaudy sweater or 2 footballs err wait, nevermind. Seriously, I would like a boss for every holiday.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Actually I want that kind of shit stopped, if you please.
    I wonder how Blizzard managed to do content in the past years. You know, when they've done everything, without fucking lame excuses like this one about doing only one thing at a time.
    A lot of it was done during Vanilla and BC when there really wasn't a lot going on at the time.

  16. #36
    Another chance at my mount from Headless Horsemen, and shit, I don't care if the holiday event was just a bunch of pumpkins scattered around the major cities, ffs.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'd prefer them to have a dev team bigger than the crew of a Starbucks in a stripmall.
    I hear ya! Could not agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •