How much does a good pc cost nowdays?

I've always been really bad with computers, but im going to buy a new one in a couple of months, and would just like to know how much a pc, that would run the newest games on high settings cost? (like battlefield 4, gta v etc.)

Thanks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing your location would help, to give you the correct currency.

Prebuilt that will cost you US $1000+

You could make yourself a nice one for $800 or so.

I live in Finland, so euros for me, and i really have no idea how to build a computer and im kinda afraid to even try it, due to the high cost of the parts >_<

Ow, scandinavian countries are pretty expensive as far as computer parts go. You could expect anything in between of 1000 and 1300 euros for a self-built pc.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

700-800€ for the usual setup with i5-4670k and GTX 760 (depending if you need OS).
    That will run the games you mentioned at almost max settings and will do just fine for couple of years at least (with almost max settings).

Some advice in finnish: Kannattaa tsekata jimms.fi, sieltä suosittelisin tilaamaan, apua kannattaa kysyä murobbs foorumeilta, eikä täältä.

Edit: Changed the estimated cost. Prices are a bit high now.
    Last edited by Musta Kyy; 2013-09-02 at 01:12 AM.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Great, found a finnish site.

1345€ prebuilt

Self-built 1305€

Now, the price difference is only 40€. A couple of things to note though:
    - the selfbuilt one has double the SSD space
    - the selfbuilt one has an aftermarket cooler, needed for overclocking (~20-30% CPU performance gain), while the prebuilt one makes no mention of one

Overall, I'd still go for the self-built one, but ultimately it's your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Remade the setup with the site provided above, it totals out at 1210€. Used a 120GB SSD insetad of the 250GB one I used on the other build so that you can actually see how much they're making you pay for building (still has a pretty good aftermarket cooler, don't think the prebuilt one has one).

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    700-800€ for the usual setup with i5-4670k and GTX 760 (depending if you need OS)..
    A 770 would be better for the games listed. Don't see how you could fit it with 700-800 even with a 760. Not on those prices.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-02 at 01:37 AM.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Great, found a finnish site.

1345€ prebuilt

Self-built 1305€

Now, the price difference is only 40€. A couple of things to note though:
    - the selfbuilt one has double the SSD space
    - the selfbuilt one has an aftermarket cooler, needed for overclocking (~20-30% CPU performance gain), while the prebuilt one makes no mention of one

Overall, I'd still go for the self-built one, but ultimately it's your choice.
    Thanks, ill bookmark those links, so i can see the parts in a few months. Trying to find out if any of my friends know how to build a pc, so i wouldnt have to pay extra for a rebuilt one, and especially if the selfbuilt is better.

Nevermind the above, found their actual premades. This is about what I built for you and has a 1250€ pricetag. That's with the operating system included. It does not, however, come with an SSD so if you want one you'll have to install it yourself. The selfbuilt one still has a better cooler but this at least lists an aftermarket one.

Building a PC is pretty simple, just look at this video.

Oh, last, in a few months probably AMD 9000 series will be out, so you might have a better option for the GPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the second build I did for you has a caviar green as HDD instead of a caviar blue, change that.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-02 at 01:48 AM.

I built my first PC last year. I more or less knew what I was doing beforehand because I've upgraded them and had watched them being built before, but I watched a youtube video from Newegg that went over ever step, and it was a great refresher. It's really nothing to worry about, honestly the only things that require the utmost extreme care are putting in the CPU and ensuring the pins for the MOBO are in the right place, neither are particularly hard but honestly, it only took me a couple hours to put together and save for the front USB ports, everything worked for me the first go. If you can have a friend help you, that would be great, but pay attention and do some of it yourself so you can do it by yourself the next time. Especially if you're going to be a PC gamer, you should get to know at least the basics of the hardware, IMO.

Deleted
    If you have a buddy who can build a PC or want to try and build yourself, Germany is a good place to order. many Finns order there as in a 1300 euro price range you can save 200 or so euro by ordering from Germany. Only thing you order from a finnish store is case and the rest from mindfactory or similiar german sites.

Also good finnish place to ask pc build questions and recommendations is http://murobbs.plaza.fi/pc-konepaketit/
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-09-02 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Thanks, ill bookmark those links, so i can see the parts in a few months. Trying to find out if any of my friends know how to build a pc, so i wouldnt have to pay extra for a rebuilt one, and especially if the selfbuilt is better.
    Just remember that computer parts gets old fast In a couple of months those parts can be some what old and you can get better for the "same" price that those cost now.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Just remember that computer parts gets old fast In a couple of months those parts can be some what old and you can get better for the "same" price that those cost now.
    In a couple of months the only thing which is going to be changing is the GPU, with AMD 9000 series coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    If you're not hardcore you'll be fine for a few years...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If you're not hardcore you'll be fine for a few years...
    Just saying. And keep a look out for the deals.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Deleted
    As many other have said you pretty much get robbed in Scandinavia if you're buying pre-builds.
    They'll add 500-700 euro to the actual component prices if they feel frisky enough.

But if you build yourself you can get a high-end gaming PC for around 1.3-1.5k euro(retail prices).
    All-in-one PC that will drive most games for around 800-900 euro.
    Surfing computer for as little as 200-300 euro.

You can even get away with less if you buy used components.