Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you tie everything in this game to a question of whether you think you can make someone think you're cool over it?

I thought it was shallow to just not want other people to have something they might like, but for this reason? Yeesh.
    What other purpose could player housing have? It is 100% useless for everything other than trying to show off to people who care enough to look at your house. There is LITERALLY no other reason to have it. Doesn't help in any way, shape or form. Adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay. Doesn't add any new content other than looking at what people make their houses look like. It's completely pointless, and I've yet to see anyone give a reason it should exist other than "I think it would be fun" and when asked why it would be fun they say "Cause you'd have your own house!" well yeah, fantastic... Except not really.

If you're that interested in making a house you can always go play the Sims. And that isn't $15 a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I'm sure many people don't play WoW to play pet battles either.. but there is a demand for mini games and a lot of people enjoy that aspect of the game. The housing is optional. You don't NEED to take part in it. But if you do it has certain advantages. Think of it as a single player component. Something you can do instead of just being sat in a capital city doing nothing in between raids and instance runs.
    love how everytime u say something like "i dont personally like petbattles, player housing" or what ever and ppl come telling u "its optional content".. im quite aware of that (never opened those pet battles either) witch is why i started the sentence with "personally i dont see a point". i just dont think building a house has anything to do with world of warcraft its my personal opinion and no matter how optional it would be wont change my mind about it....

I don't miss it that much to be honest. It's not like the general consensus yells "gimme gimme" and Blizzard avoid reading that on purpose. It's more like random people ask for it, others don't.

Mixed feelings from the community = not a priority.

You know. Blizzard will have to implement it, otherwise they'll stumped by their concurrents. Player housing and guild fortresses as long as Vanilla/BC style mixed with modern technologies, like dynamic world will be implemented in Wildstar for example. Blizzard with their obsolete design won't survive in this world. They'll have to change their mind and became less conservative.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-09-02 at 09:01 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

How about playing The Sims? You can really go to town on decorating your house there!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    To you ...to you ..it's not interesting to you but it is to a lot of people . Im not the biggest fan of pvp but I respect a lot of people like it but I don't go around saying " bahhhh dont work on new arenas and bg's who cares about that crap " ...and btw it's true only a small % of people play pvp in wow and a tiny % do arena ..
    That was a nice tiny rant, but it could have been better. 6/10.

Also, you must not like people disagreeing with you, I put my opinion on the topic and you make a not so great tiny rant about it. Pretty sure you are going around saying something you don't like to people.

With that I must bump your rant down to 4/10.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, no player housing is a stupid idea, it's not interesting and adds no interesting gameplay whatsoever. I absolutely can not see why anyone would want player housing at the expense of something meaningful like, let's say, interesting end game content?
    Agree with this, player housing is the biggest waste of resource ever. You want to log in and go sit in your virtual house? Ahahahahaha. Just think about it.

Wow is NOT the sims. And thankfully so.

Luckily Blizzard see sense on this.

Maybe Blizzard isn't getting the message because everyone is sending conflicting messages. What you want out of player housing isn't what that guy wants out if it, which isn't want that other guy wants out of it, which certainly isn't what I want out of it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I'm with blizzard on this one. Player housing never interested me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That was a nice tiny rant, but it could have been better. 6/10.

Also, you must not like people disagreeing with you, I put my opinion on the topic and you make a not so great tiny rant about it. Pretty sure you are going around saying something you don't like to people.

With that I must bump your rant down to 4/10.
    You add nothing to the topic , you whine and cry and add some sort of mindless dribble rating to a reply because I don't agree with you ...are you 10 ? ...
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2013-09-02 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    We already have player housing. Well... player personal farms at least.

LOL...you don't even get a zero out of 10 for you pathetic response ..
    That's okay, mine was more fun than you contradicting yourself. Besides, it isn't about the points, but just having fun playing the game.

Well, I love the attitude of some people here. You know, I'd easily trade the whole pvp content for the wildstar-like housing in wow. A shame that Blizzard won't ever do anything harder than recoloring a protodrake.

Player housing will give players goals to achieve and then be proud of. Same as with achieves, gear, mounts, pets collecting. Interesting long term content may be tied to obtaining more visual pieces of your house design. It's great area for creativity. Ton of new optional content. That's what Wow needs to survive now.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

I don't see the need for player housing, it would have to be instanced which is a bad idea imo.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2013-09-02 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, no player housing is a stupid idea, it's not interesting and adds no interesting gameplay whatsoever. I absolutely can not see why anyone would want player housing at the expense of something meaningful like, let's say, interesting end game content?
    Like pet battles? Good thing different people like different things, bad thing that some people feel the need to deny that such a thing exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's okay, mine was more fun than you contradicting yourself. Besides, it isn't about the points, but just having fun playing the game.
    How exactly did I contradict myself ...btw nice my little pony banner ....bro ...

I have been saying all along that identical instanced housing is pointless, and I am a bit surprised that Blizzard thinks so too. Go blizzard for once.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's WoW team appear to be staffed solely by raiders, who then proceeds to hire more raiders, hence seem to suffer from severe tunnel vision when it comes to determining what is "interesting".

No worries. Free to play has opened up the doors to competition. They will get the message sooner or later. Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong fanboys and player housing haters be damned.

How exactly did I contradict myself ...btw nice my little pony banner ....bro ...
    Thanks, it is quite nice, glad someone noticed.

You contradicted yourself by saying you don't go around saying that pvp sucks, but that also means you don't go around saying that what others enjoy or think is wrong. Now in this case I have disagreed with you, much in the same way that people who like pvp would be disagreeing with you, and have stated that you disagree with me even though you said you don't go around saying those things and you did to me because I have disagreed with you. There is the contradiction.

See I didn't say it was wrong that you enjoyed it, but you you seemed inclined that I had. I had only gave the opinion that it isn't very exciting, I did not say it would be wrong to implement. I think you don't like people disagreeing with you, but that is alright because I assume you are 50 feet tall and Hawaiian, not that it is a bad thing, but I am just going to assume random things now.

You must be at charities helping all the time you helpful nice person.