Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against having it in-game. I know RoM and Aion have neat housing.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Blizzard's WoW team appear to be staffed solely by raiders, who then proceeds to hire more raiders, hence seem to suffer from severe tunnel vision when it comes to determining what is "interesting".

No worries. Free to play has opened up the doors to competition. They will get the message sooner or later. Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong fanboys and player housing haters be damned.
    Yawn.

Notice how I didn't emote yawn, but actually just put yawn, because "fanboys" are not bad, not all "fanboys" agree with Blizzard all of the time, and "fanboys" don't also hate player housing because that argument makes about zero sense, like a squirrel spliced with a great white shark.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know, they are researching into making it go the right way, right?

The farm at Halfhill was also counted as a "testtube" to see if they could make it work, they even added ideas on how to improve it - but still, it's a test for further progress. I think it's because Blizzard don't want just a random door/portal to somewhere else, maybe.

If I were to grant a bit of ideas, then I would gladly have the following:
    Upgradeable features via points from a new activity system (Yes, work for your stuff, basicly)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a forge/Workshop (BS/Engi/Mining - area)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a Kitchen (Cooking of course)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a library (Enchanting/Inscription idea)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a green house (Herbalism basicly, PLANTS - Maybe with an extended so that you can use the functions from the farm?)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a brewery (Alchemy / Cooking)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a common room (You know, greet your friends, sit around and talk and such)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a trophy hall (A small token for every raid you have been in when it was current)
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a armory (A room with statues that you may place your own armor on, when you click them, they'll auto-swap the armor between you and the statue+ though you have to buy statues from points, starting with 1/2 for free, rest is up to you (Could solve some bank problems too in the end))
    - Upgrade housing to be fitted with, a study (Inscription/mail)

(The upgrades I listed could all be used in connection with professions - Sorry, didn't write fishtank.. would sorta be.. meh... Unless you really want a Naga babe in your home, add a fishtank)

The idea that I would see, to avoid everything being bought with gold, would be a new point system. Basicly a rewarding system via activity within the game, be it quests, PvP or raiding - points could go better to gain. Of course I have to admit that it shouldn't be easy to gain everything. There could be added some micro-transactions for useless things such as a picture, rug or something - though functional upgrades/additions should be completely earned within the game. (This is also why I didn't mind helmets on the store - they're useless).

Of course we all have our meaning of a good home, and I think that is where an amount of racial choices could be added too, i.e. location/design. A dwarven little home, a gnomes tinker lab or the noble elven ivory white buildings. A human's farm house or even a troll hut could be used. Player housing adds not only possibilities but also problems in a short type of way. I would most likely be the one to say that you either have a complete neutral looking house (fitting both sides) or you have 2 houses. 1 house with a Horde design for Horde, and the same with Alliance design for Alliance. A third option would be a selection of houses, though would be too demanding for a player to have. Best option is a choice of 1 neutral home, or 2 homes with each of their features (Upgrades should be a 1 time buy, account wide and convert into the fitting theme of the home you have).

Additional things can then be added via the point system, gold/reputation combination or money. Take heed before you rage, the things I am thinking about it decorational/"useless" items - no functions of any need but to make it look okay/good/grand/zomgwhatisthisplace.

Additional things that could be added would be:
    - Statues
    - figurines
    - Paintings/maps
    - different furniture
    - carpets/drapes and rugs
    - A heartstone board/ Any playing boards fitting the theme

And a little more extreme:
    - A servant (Small vendor to sell your trash at, and buy the basic general store stuff)
    - A pet (Yes, I want a god damn dog)

The housing would also contain 2 options, selected by Blizzard or the Player, I do not care. 1: Gain rested within the house, though no HS connected to it. 2: Have a HS connected to the house, though no rested XP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yawn.

Notice how I didn't emote yawn, but actually just put yawn, because "fanboys" are not bad, not all "fanboys" agree with Blizzard all of the time, and "fanboys" don't also hate player housing because that argument makes about zero sense, like a squirrel spliced with a great white shark.
    Did I say ALL fanboys agree with Blizzard ALL the time? I even specified the specific type of fanboy, "Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong", in the post.

Also notice I use the word "and" thereby denoting that "Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong fanboys" and "player housing haters" are separate entities.

Good job reading something that isn't there.

Also player housing may be tied to professions and revive them. But of course if Blizzard will be to lazy to tie some interesting content to it, exept daily gring and pushing vanity items to $$$ shop, then yeah - it's not worth it.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

There is only _ONE_ game that did player housing justice and its one of the oldest MMOs ever.

Ultimate online. The way you had a house planted down and could then customise it was immense. If wow were to do the same then I think the best way to do it would be have X amount of clear space in some selected zones have them set to a high price on an auction and is purchasable by guilds only. You could some options to change its looks (a few flags here and there maybe a racial option like a belf tower a tauren tent orc stronghold goblin explosives etc you can have a repair vendor inside and a hearth stone/in keeper and I would say a portal to a selected capital (you choose which one from your faction to have it set to) You can also set the guild house to be PVP enabled or disabled. this means if its enabled enemy players who enter are flagged for PVP and your "main" flag can be captured for a fair amount of honour points. It can be captured once every 12hours.

Guild housing could be cool, it wouldn't even have to be instanced necessarily.
    Put a guild hall in every town (outside of main cities) and a relatively hefty price on using the space, enough so tiny guilds probably wouldn't have the resources to keep one active.
    As long as all halls had portals to main cities the fact that some would be out in remote parts of the world wouldn't matter.

It'd be pretty cool while levelling to visit the guild hall in each place and see who owned it and what they had done with it.

You could also add a pvp aspect to it where other guilds could challenge you for the space.
    They would apply to fight putting down a months rent plus a fee and then at the end of the month there would be a battle.
    The defender would get to set the battle rules (5 v 5, 20 v 20 etc), and whoever wins gets that hall for the following month.
    If no one is challenged they just have to pay monthly rent to hold onto the space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares about player housing, primarily because it already exists - it's called guilds.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Nobody cares about player housing, primarily because it already exists - it's called guilds.
    HAHAHAHA.

One hater finally went of the deep end.

Did I say ALL fanboys agree with Blizzard ALL the time? I even specified the specific type of fanboy, "Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong", in the post.

Also notice I use the word "and" thereby denoting that "Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong fanboys" and "player housing haters" are separate entities.

Good job reading something that isn't there.
    By saying "Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong" then putting "fanboys" right after you have linked both and therefore have said the fanboy agrees with them no matter what. Maybe you should try rereading your own post again because that is exactly what you said, but just in case I shall quote your last post and bold the part that you said I wasn't reading.

Blizzard's WoW team appear to be staffed solely by raiders, who then proceeds to hire more raiders, hence seem to suffer from severe tunnel vision when it comes to determining what is "interesting".

No worries. Free to play has opened up the doors to competition. They will get the message sooner or later. Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong fanboys and player housing haters be damned.
    Hey, look at that. That sort of means that you are saying the fanboys always think Blizz is right and therefore agree with them no matter what.

You may have a point and yes, I did go far by insinuating that you said that fanboys hate player housing, but your current gripe about me making stuff up is only 33% wrong.

I like this back and forth we are having right now.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Just live at your little farm problem solved.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    By saying "Blizzard-can-do-no-wrong" then putting "fanboys" right after you have linked both and therefore have said the fanboy agrees with them no matter what. Maybe you should try rereading your own post again because that is exactly what you said, but just in case I shall quote your last post and bold the part that you said I wasn't reading.

Hey, look at that. That sort of means that you are saying the fanboys always think Blizz is right and therefore agree with them no matter what.

You may have a point and yes, I did go far by insinuating that you said that fanboys hate player housing, but your current gripe about me making stuff up is only 33% wrong.
    Whatever man, I have already clarified my intent.

BTW I like red apples. OMFG ALL APPLES ARE RED.

I like this back and forth we are having right now.
    I don't, because one side is just being stupid for the sake of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really seeing much point in it to be honest. I mean, there's a four poster in the keep in Old Hillsbrad already. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is player housing, I got some ideas, but not 100% sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    My friend, guilds and player housing, is not in the same catagory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Just live at your little farm problem solved.
    Think it's more what most wishes, to have a place to customize and show off - sadly, the ideas they had for the farm was stopped again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

the world is nearly dead, cities are almost afk centres. With player housing there would be near no point in the world at all. Its meant to be an mmo.

Deleted
    yeah, I agree, Blizzard lacks imagination when talking about player housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    the world is nearly dead, cities are almost afk centres. With player housing there would be near no point in the world at all. Its meant to be an mmo.
    Though, cities has always been AFK central. When I need trade chat, I do it at the same time as using the AH. To preserve my sanity, I use the cities as little as possible.

Deleted
    @OP

So if everyone has an instanced house then surely that would make the realms even deader right...?

Its a double-edged sword for the low-pop realms, theres not many others around outside so your own instanced house is good for hanging out somewhere productive. Yet u will still be playing solo as u sit in your house alone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    @OP

So if everyone has an instanced house then surely that would make the realms even deader right...?

Its a double-edged sword for the low-pop realms, theres not many others around outside so your own instanced house is good for hanging out somewhere productive. Yet u will still be playing solo as u sit in your house alone...
    True, I could agree on that part. Though, guild housing could be plausible. Some realms aren't that dead, luckily. And others are. Though, I would do what I can to avoid the main cities within the realms I play on, it's easier to stay sane if so. Wouldn't mind just.. fleeing at times, though, world is big enough for that.

Can't wait for connected realms (God that name is dumb, I'll call it as it used to be, Virtual Realms).