Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I would go one step further, and allow WoW to have custom user-made content.

I do believe this would be the ultimate feature to give WoW longevity. I mean, look at the amazing stuff people have done with the editor from Warcraft and Starcraft. Some custom campaigns from Warcraft 3 are even better than the game's original.

A user-made raid, such as Black Temple? Another take at the Well of Eternity? Alternate reality where Arthas is alive? Facing all the Old Gods at once? Yes please!
    The only reasons I would hesitate at that is the QC angle. Yeah that could result in some absolutely amazing content, but it would definitely result in a mountain of crap content. Sifting through colossal heaps of shite for the occasional diamond isn't very fun. There is also the question of reward, and is Blizz really gonna give players access to loot tables?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Its funny how everyone now spouts the same bs that the blue said. I don't remember "it's boring without something special" to be an argument of that magnitude in the past. First of all housing is not for everyone, as is neither raiding nor pvp for that matter, accept that.

Wehn thinking about housing I like to remember housing in EQ2, where you would furnish your room that was an instance somewhere in a town you entered by clicking on a door. Not good enough ? It's okay for 90% of the content to be like that, heck thats a lie. It's okay for 40% of the content to be like that, another 50% is accessed via your UI nowadays, so why would there have to be giant zones or even houses somewhere out in the wildernes? While the later would be cool, it's absolutly not neccessary.

All that needs to be inside such a room is a bit of furniture you have to earn and a few fun items you gathered during your travels. The rest is a trophy room like blizzard already implemented personally phased for everyone with the archeology stuff. It doesn't need to be a boring ass repetetive grind like the farm, just a way to be a little bit creative and a place to put the stuff you've acquired during your travels, showing it off to friends that come to visit. I mean it's hillarious that blizzard things this way when even social gaming, stuff like garry's mod or endless cash cows like the sims show how easy and lucrative this feature is. I guess it is not warcrafty enough for metzen and street.

And this is only for personal houses, the shit you could do with guild houses that could actually increase the bond of guilds to make them more than easier to manage raiding enviroments...
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2013-09-03 at 04:17 PM.

No player housing.

I would much rather have guild housing. Less focus on Solo stuff and more focus on guild interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Edit: I forgot to mention that is very strange that my rp character has existed in the world of warcraft for 9 years now and still has no house. I just find it odd I have to make him sit in an inn if wants to sleep. Then again, the rp limitations of this game are enormous.
    We risk life and limb, paying numerous visits to the personification of death herself the Spirit Healer, to protect Azeroth from world-ending dangers - and this is in addition to the minor "police work" dealing with bandits and such. You would think by now, the "Kings" of our respective factions would have given us a huge chunk of land in appreciation of our efforts. But nope, still a homeless hobo.

As myself I realy like customization wether its a character or a house it gives me control over how I want it, anyways the new EQ has an option to build a settlement anywhere in the world definitely gonna try that out to see how it goes, I also like the guilds halls in GW1.

As for WoW I don't see Blizzard adding it any time soon though (Probaly even never).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yeah, no player housing is a stupid idea, it's not interesting and adds no interesting gameplay whatsoever. I absolutely can not see why anyone would want player housing at the expense of something meaningful like, let's say, interesting end game content?
    right, because every1 cares only for raids/arena/bgs and no people ever do Pet battles/farmville minigame or grind achievements or level up alts, it's all about end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    right, because every1 cares only for raids/arena/bgs and no people ever do Pet battles/farmville minigame or grind achievements or level up alts, it's all about end game.
    Get ready for the onslaught of "casual" hate.

A disturbingly large percentage of the playerbase is somehow grossly, terribly, and pathologically offended if others play WoW differently than they do.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i think this is one of those "vocal minority" things
    ^^^

Phased housing is boring. There are plenty of other games that allow you to play homemaker. If it's a feature you like, fine, but don't assume that most of us want it. I would never step foot into my house because I just couldn't possibly care less.

Now, if they did something like classic Runescape it may be more interesting, but just some stupid instanced home? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    ^^^

Phased housing is boring. There are plenty of other games that allow you to play homemaker. If it's a feature you like, fine, but don't assume that most of us want it. I would never step foot into my house because I just couldn't possibly care less.

Now, if they did something like classic Runescape it may be more interesting, but just some stupid instanced home? No thanks.
    I find raiding boring. Wiping on bosses for hours on end, staring at the same 4 walls while waiting for res ... mindnumbing.

You not wanting player housing is your problem. You don't have to touch it if you don't want to. But I want Player Housing.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I find raiding boring. Wiping on bosses for hours on end, staring at the same 4 walls while waiting for res ... mindnumbing.

You not wanting player housing is your problem. You don't have to touch it if you don't want to. But I want Player Housing.
    You not liking raids is your problem. You don't have to touch the content if you don't want to, but I want more raids instead of player housing.

I hate how modern MMO's are missing amazing things that legacy MMO's from the 90's and early 2000's had. Things like player housing, dynamic in the game world. Player boating, fully functional. Games like ultima online and shadowbane had this stuff and these modern games with all the new technology can't make it happen. I guess that's why I always go back to UO when these modern games become boring, as they always inevitably do.

I don't think that Blizz will EVER have player-housing in WoW and MoP should show you why. They did a bunch of different things to get MORE player interaction (CRZ, upped the lvl of TB and WG to lvl 90, instituted massive shared questlines that span entire zones, etc) and honestly, I see what some people want from player housing and it looks like it's going in the opposite direction. Blizz already doesn't like us hanging around, Org, SW, S2M or S7S all the time, and these places you can still interact with other. So why would they implement something that could inspre people to spend hours and hours locked into their own instanced little world? Why do you think that with the farm in Halfhill, everything you can do in there is over in 10 min, max?

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    You not liking raids is your problem. You don't have to touch the content if you don't want to, but I want more raids instead of player housing.
    And I don't.

Don't see me petition to have raids removed do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I hate how modern MMO's are missing amazing things that legacy MMO's from the 90's and early 2000's had. Things like player housing, dynamic in the game world. Player boating, fully functional. Games like ultima online and shadowbane had this stuff and these modern games with all the new technology can't make it happen. I guess that's why I always go back to UO when these modern games become boring, as they always inevitably do.
    Asian mmo's tend to explore these features quite regularly still to this date, the problem is they lack in so many other areas, still builing a house somehwere or taking castles would be kinda nice in wow too. All the drama that came with alliances forming and breaking back in the day was kinda funny and easily made up for the lack in story most of these games had, because we made our own story this way .

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    We have Blizzard's narrow-mindedness and lack of imagination to blame I suppose - that and the risk averse game industry following in their footsteps.

High Overlord
    Eh.. I would love player housing IF its not phased/instanced, but, if somehow Blizzard could do the same way as Ultima Online, then that would be awesome..

Or even more awesome, Player housing + the removal of loading screen from continent to continent, player build his own ship/zepp and go on sailing/flying untill the other side of Azeroth, with some battle ships and what not, like Arche Age.

Mechagnome
    1: Noone would go anywhere, just chill in their house

No damn different than now and Capital Cities

2: Waste of Time

Some say so. Some say Arenas is Waste of time. Some say PVP is waste of Time. Some say Pet Battles waste of time. They can argue for their cause just like you can argue for yours. If I dislike Arenas, why is so much Developer Time being done to it?

3: Meaningless Dribble

I personally think Arenas are meaningless dribble

4: I think it's a waste of time

Then....don't.....participate? Nothing mandatory about it. I don't Raid much. I don't PVP much. I don't Arena AT ALL. You don't see me in those if at all

ZZzzzz speak for yourself. I hate the idea of player housing, and I think it's a waste of time to implement. Just another thing I would not bother doing.

Glad they think it's a waste of time too.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

WoW doesn't need player housing, it adds nothing interesting to the game, it's just a development time wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucador View Post
    WoW doesn't need player housing, it adds nothing interesting to the game, it's just a development time wasted.
    WoW doesn't need raids only a fraction of the population enjoys, it adds nothing interesting to the game, it's just a development time wasted.

See I can post my opinion as if it were fact too.