Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    So yeah. That's the front page. Of all the other things that seemed mildly interesting to start a topic on, this is the only thing that really stuck a thorn in my side. I honestly don't think Blizzard gets the point of player housing. Or they do, but they are being completely oblivious as to why it's been something sought after for ages in this game.
    No, I think they know exactly why some of us want player housing. But since they don't want to add it to the game, they play down the value of the feature, so that other people don't think they are being oblivious.

Expect the PR to take a 180 if/when they add player housing.

I wanna be creative and such, I have Terraria. Go on a loot-hunting adventure, Diablo 3. Kill some big-ass monsters alongside other heroes, World of Warcraft. Be a total homicidal psychopath, Saints Row or Prototype. The list can go on and on and on...

Multiple games to fill different roles.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

EQ2 Housing says HI. It's awesome and people love it.

Just because you personally might not be interested doesn't mean it's a useless feature /

Deleted
    So you have maybe ten people in a guild that you talk with on a regular basis. 10 people that you would want to show off your newly decorated sims house to. Obviously these ten people would then also want you to see their house and so forth. After going into ten different instances you grow pretty tired of it and pretty much never use it again. (its like a person getting a new transmog for every single raid, at some point you just stand up and say "no thank you mate, i've seen all i want to see).

If blizzard IMO should make player houses they would need to make a whole new content for it and make you actually able to buy a piece of land(or however you may get it) this meaning that guild housing may be a better idea then player housing(i think it is tbh). Entering a instanced zone just to see your friends new addition to his house. Honestly i just dont see it being interesting more then 1-3 times.

So lets say you want this house for yourself and not to share with your friends. Well... why? Why in the world would you want to spendt time decorating a house in WoW that noone bothers to come see? Remember you have to load an instanced zone every time you enter it. Its gonna be like, yeah i could go into ma house to look at dis transmog or i could just shift click all the items in ma bank.

I think you are looking at this idea through some glossy glasses or something It really really doesnt seem interesting to me UNLESS you can own an actual piece of wow.

Guild housing with actual land ownage would be cool. Just a little community of the lvl 30(?) guilds on the server who spendt some time/cash on it to show of their raid trophies or battleground trophies. Yep sounds much more fun

Deleted
    It would be cool, if you could change the world in a small way, with guild housing. Creating new hubs, or change existing ones.
    If you like, link to my idea of guild housing in my signature

DAoC

Not read through all the posts, but I always imagines wow housing to be like good old Dark Age of Camelot housing, an 'instance' full of plots to buy, keep gold in the house, 500+g ea week depending on what size of house you built. If no money for the rent you lose the plot.

Special mobs drop remains that you took to a taxidermist / trophies to display in your house

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/housing/manual

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I'd be more concerned about that than anything. In fact... WHY would you want something like this? You'd have people griefing each other with houses like they do in Ultima Online.
    Because wanting houses everywhere in the world is a retarded claim that is in no way needed. Go take a look at EQ2 housing, where your house is just an instance only you or people you like can access. Building stuff in a random location can be fun, but requires policing, which takes effort. But this would be the equivalent of making battle pets able to evolve like in actual pokemon, or you know you go with the basic principle and still have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The failure of Blizzard to see how player housing would contribute to the gameplay in far more meaningful manner than pointless Achievements, can only be manifestation of their absolute lack of imagination.
    How so ? to get most achievements you have to actually do something in the game . Player housing takes players out of the world , the very thing Bliz is trying to avoid .

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    If Blizzard is getting the message, they have got the wrong one.

Nothing to worry about though, as subs keep dropping because "raid, raid, raid" is not for everyone (actually it's only for a pathetically small minority that yells a lot), they will eventually get the right message.

Someday, they will remember it's World of Warcraft, not Raids of Warcraft.
    And people sitting in a house and never coming out is a "world" ?
    No, I did not think so.
    That is one of the major arguments people choose repeatedly to ignore very deliberately.
    That takes them out of the world even more than the game does already.
    Houses of Warcraft, Wallcraft maybe ?

Contradicting yourself there very effectively.

Over the years I have came to the conclusion that if you want anything that Blizzard doesn't want, and you make a thread about it, youll probably get attacked by a flock of fanboys. Remember, if it's not in the game, then it sucks and is pay2win or stupid. They'll defend Blizzards every action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And people sitting in a house and never coming out is a "world" ?
    No, I did not think so.
    That is one of the major arguments people choose repeatedly to ignore very deliberately.
    That takes them out of the world even more than the game does already.
    Houses of Warcraft, Wallcraft maybe ?

Contradicting yourself there very effectively.
    Yeah because WoW is all about open world and not instances or anything like that.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Over the years I have came to the conclusion that if you want anything that Blizzard doesn't want, and you make a thread about it, youll probably get attacked by a flock of fanboys. Remember, if it's not in the game, then it sucks and is pay2win or stupid. They'll defend Blizzards every action.
    Or players too damn stupid to come up with a valid argument, so they resort to "fanboy" insults.
    Try to come up with something other than insults if you want a proper discussion.
    You lost the argument and can't accept that.

If you think that I accept everything blizzard does unquestionably then you are very much mistaken.
    I will defend an opinion on either side when I have reason to, only this time it is one that you do not disagree with, and nobody here is able to provide any good argument for.

Same stuff regurgitated time and time again, but you still hold it up like the best idea since sliced bread.
    Blizzard have made their stance clear, and justified it.
    Try to do the same, otherwise please go away.

What good comes from taking people out of the world even more, adding more solo content, more instanced content which kills the world even more, encourages even less interaction with others.

Raids/Dungeons/Scenarios/Battlegrounds/Arena at least put people together doing something.
    Housing does not, and even the idea of guild castles is segregating people by guilds.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-13 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    Would be a huge waste of resources to implement this, quite possibly the most pointless feature to add to a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because WoW is all about open world and not instances or anything like that.
    Remember it is not a game to those people, it is a religion. So when you have a different opinion it is not a different opinion it is heresy and sacrilege. They will attack anybody that says something negative. But they aren't the majority they are just extremely vocal zealots. There are plenty of people who also just have a different opinion and want to have an actual discussion they just got lost in the noise.

Really though as much as I love housing in other games, I don't think Blizzard could do it well. I mean seeing how they messed up the appearance tab, they seem to miss the point a lot recently with their decisions and considering how much resources it would take to do it, it would be a massive waste if they do it wrong, which seems a likely outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see player housing, being able to choose the type of materials for the house (somewhat like Minecraft in that sense, I guess) Hozen bamboo, Orgrimmar steel, Stormwind building thingies ect ect
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Over the years I have come to the conclusion that people have different opinions and while some want housing there are also some that don't. Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you does not warrant calling them 'fanboys' for it and try to devalue their POV because you think they are 'fanboys'.