Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I dunno, I think I could see a lot of this stuff being very plausible.

Why? 'cause I highly doubt we're going to be tackling the Legion head-on next expansion. Plus Wrathion would be the type to abuse timestreams and bring people like Illidan over to help fight the Legion once they actually arrive. And it gives us an expansion to basically redirect our focus towards the Burning Legion by looking into alternate realities...

Plus there's evidence that scalable raids/dungeons is going to be very real. The devs mentioned sometime in August that the scaling technology had basically been finished, and sometime last week someone discovered a glitch/bug while in Stratholme where he was suddenly scaled down stats-wise (at level 90) to iLvl 43 gear and was easily destroyed by a bunch of level 40ish mobs.

As for the Infinite stuff in general, we already know from the Timeless Isle questline that there is indeed a traitor amongst 'em... Mal'Ganis, though? Seems a bit far-fetched, but it is plausible since in WotLK it was revealed that he's alive and all we did was force him to flee to some other realm or whatever.

With Illidan's "revival" of sorts, and bringing him back to our timeline... beyond Wrathion being the guy who'll stop at nothing to defeat the Legion and protect the planet he loves so much (and presumably the people, even though he uses us as weapons and tools for his plans to beat away the Legion), I can actually see it being plausible as well. 'cause Metzen mentioned back in 2010's Blizzcon that he'd like to bring Illidan back since he's a sucker for a good redemption story. In 2011's Blizzcon lore Q&A, he said that they would work on figuring out a way to bring Illidan back. So going back in time would make sense to retrieve him, though I really don't think it would work to retrieve him from the Black Temple... it'd probably need to be earlier, like maybe even before he absorbs the Skull of Gul'dan. 'cause in Burning Crusade he was pretty much mad, since he went to ridiculous lengths to try and stop the Legion, and for some reason became our enemy rather than working with us to stop the Legion.

The alternate leveling path for 1-90 would be huge and IMO great for those who don't want to go through the fairly long leveling process otherwise. And it seems like it would be something Blizzard would do to help people get up to the expansion faster.

Overall, most of the ideas Murozond presented sound like they could make for good expansion material and most of the stuff sounds very plausible. And it somewhat fits in with the supposed leaks from that Chinese site which also talks about an expansion focused more on tackling the Infinite Dragonflight and investigating at least one alternate timeline.

Plus having alternate timelines could set the stage for a Warcraft 4 RTS, which could simply continue off of a different timeline where there might not have been so many heroes willingly ready to tackle the world's threats.

Also, alternate timelines are pretty much already existent. Rhonin, Krasus, and Broxigar going back in time during the War of the Ancients is a good example of this, 'cause that happened in a book trilogy and yet in the War of the Ancients instance in Cataclysm they were never seen there; Blizzard probably did that on purpose for some reason or another. And the Timeless Isle quest chain shows an alternate timeline where Garrosh is killed. And End Time shows an alternate timeline where things go to hell if Deathwing isn't stopped. So it's not like these alternate timelines aren't visitable, since they clearly are, and they can alter future outcomes which is why the Infinite Dragonflight has been messing with the timelines so much. Plus with the Bronze Dragonflight unable to really do much now, that allows the Infinites to potentially screw with the timelines quite a bit and make several alternate realities.

So if you simply made all of that up, kudos for creativity. If that's actually a leak, then I can't wait for them to reveal it at Blizzcon.

Less than two weeks... >.<
    Last edited by Sorenthaz; 2013-10-28 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorenthaz View Post
    Plus Wrathion would be the type to abuse timestreams and bring people like Illidan over to help fight the Legion once they actually arrive. And it gives us an expansion to basically redirect our focus towards the Burning Legion by looking into alternate realities...
    Well, he is trying to cozy up to a bronze dragon https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/393787250447630336

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Well, he is trying to cozy up to a bronze dragon
    And he and Illidan basically shared similar goals - destroy the Legion to protect Azeroth, by whatever means necessary. So the two of them would probably get along quite well.

Kairoz is Mal'Ganis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Who gets to determine which timeline is the true timeline?
    The true timeline is the one in which no events have been altered via time travel. All other timelines are divergent ones based on people mucking about.

Terrible idea. Basically all you are saying is "No New Stuff" "Revamp Revamp Revamp" "Old content scaled"

yah, gl with that. Great idea if you wanna have 10M sub drop.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

So, with the front page news today about the next expansion being called 'Warlords of Draenor' (which I 100% am convinced of since Boubouille is the source), I expected this idea to have run its course. Instead, I've seen multiple people bring up facets of this thread within discussions on Warlords of Draenor and the ridiculous 'leak' of Gromm Hellscream being the antagonist. So let's clear the air here.

This thread is fiction. This should come as a relief to those of you who complain about 're-hashed content' (btw I completely disagree with you there. One of the core ideas in this thread is add vertical content areas instead of horizontal, as I feel that WoW can't continually expand to new continents just because they'll run out of space at some point). Regardless, this thread is my own fan fiction - presented in a way that was hopefully entertaining - I never presented this as a 'leak', and never intended it to be taken as such.

In regards to the Warlords of Draenor 'leak': If Boub says it's the next expansion, basically saying 'trust me' on the front page, then I buy it hook, line, and sinker. That said, the 'leak' saying that Warlords of Draenor is a time travel based expansion that features Grommash Hellscream as an antagonist (and also claims that The Dark Below, which is almost certainly a troll trademark, is a trademark for Titan), is almost assuredly fan speculation based around this trademark (the trademark was filed well before Boubouille made the post today publicizing it). Posting in speculation threads claiming that a time travel focus is 'confirmed' is daft - don't do it! And certainly don't reference this thread as evidence for this 'confirmation'.
    Last edited by Murozond; 2013-11-01 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murozond View Post
    So, with the front page news today about the next expansion being called 'Warlords of Draenor' (which I 100% am convinced of since Boubouille is the source), I expected this idea to have run its course. Instead, I've seen multiple people bring up facets of this thread within discussions on Warlords of Draenor and the ridiculous 'leak' of Gromm Hellscream being the antagonist. So let's clear the air here.

This thread is fiction. This should come as a relief to those of you who complain about 're-hashed content' (btw I completely disagree with you there. One of the core ideas in this thread is add vertical content areas instead of horizontal, as I feel that WoW can't continually expand to new continents just because they'll run out of space at some point). Regardless, this thread is my own fan fiction - presented in a way that was hopefully entertaining - and I never presented this as a 'leak', and never intended it to be taken as such.

In regards to the Warlords of Draenor 'leak': If Boub says it's the next expansion, basically saying 'trust me' on the front page, then I buy it hook, line, and sinker. That said, the 'leak' saying that Warlords of Draenor is a time travel based expansion that features Grommash Hellscream as an antagonist (and also claims that The Dark Below, which is almost certainly a troll trademark, is a trademark for Titan), is almost assuredly fan speculation based around this trademark (the trademark was filed well before Boubouille made the post today publicizing it). Posting in speculation threads claiming that a time travel focus is 'confirmed' is daft - don't do it! And certainly don't reference this thread as evidence for this 'confirmation'.
    The content of your post and your name pleases me.

This thread is fiction.
    And a great read!

Personally, I disagree that the leak is "fan speculation" - just a feeling I had since I read that thread yesterday. Nothing's certain of course, but some aspects of it correspond quite well with the supposed chinese fansite leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    The content of your post and your name pleases me.
    That was the intent! I had hoped that it being posted by 'Murozond' and having blue posts 'from the future' would be entertaining. Glad you enjoyed.

This thread is fiction. This should come as a relief to those of you who complain about 're-hashed content' (btw I completely disagree with you there. One of the core ideas in this thread is add vertical content areas instead of horizontal, as I feel that WoW can't continually expand to new continents just because they'll run out of space at some point). Regardless, this thread is my own fan fiction - presented in a way that was hopefully entertaining - I never presented this as a 'leak', and never intended it to be taken as such.

Thankyou for the entertainment and conversation the OP delivered.

Respect for someone who wrote one of the better 'possible expansion stuff' threads then has the decency to say this afterwards when the idea has run its course.

Its fun to read these things, even though some of it sounds awesome, I don't think that this is legit at all xD