Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well its ether I report him or he gets a bat to the face....I rather report him.

If many people reprot something will be done because its easy to replace said driver.
    Yes, I know. You're a regular tough guy who'll use a bat to beat someone's face in for bringing you a cold pizza.

I'm sure this is not in anyway hyperbolic.

You assume many people will have your experience, without factoring in that your dickishness is the determining factor. You are an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's not a felony to spit in someone's food. At worse(if the state has applicable laws) it's a 4th degree assault which is a gross misdemeanor.
    A McDonald's employee is facing felony charges after caught spiting in two customers' cups of iced tea after the drinks were returned for not being sweet enough.

Authorities in South Carolina say 19-year-old Marvin Washington Jr. was arrested Wednesday and charged with malicious tampering with food.

'They go home, pop the lids off their sweet tea to put some sugar in it and low and behold, to much of their surprise, a very large chunk of bodily fluid and phlegm in the top of their drink,' a health worker told WSPA.
    There's also another felony from spitting in food.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you're a scumbag for expecting someone to deliver you food for free because you're too "tired" to get it yourself. Stop being so damn lazy.
    They are riding a bike... They aren't paying for gas. Sure tip the guy driving a car to your place since they pay their own gas. A bike? Guy keeps his whole wage! Why on earth would they need extra money? And if I was delivering food on a bike I'd be really happy to get an order that was close by, less work for me. Would I rather bike a mile to someone's place for a 1$ tip or just down the block for a 1$ tip? And they already stated that the place doesn't deliver if someone lives more than a mile away so that means everyone's delivery is close by. Close enough to walk if they wanted. If you don't want to deliver food to people because you think they are all lazy scum, then don't be a delivery person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    But you don't make $2.13 an hour if you do your job. I know waiting isn't easy or less demanding than most other jobs but you do have more than minimum pay/hour if you do your job, just the same as everyone else. The only difference between your job and my job is that I still get paid even if I just do a mediocre job. I have more security than you but you also have the possibility to earn my weekly pay in an evening if you are lucky and good at it. I have a risk of dying at my job and you have a risk of not making rent. Pros and cons that equal out in my book.

I am sure there would be an outrage if suddenly owners gave waiters a fixed pay rate at $14/hour and kept all tips for themselves.
    no, there would just be a huge outcry from people bitching at how much their food prices went up especially from all the non-tippers because they would actually have to pay a lot more money than they used to before that.

Sorry to break the news but a $10 meal could easily rise to $15-20 if they paid servers $15 an hour, especially going from $2.13.

If that happened then the non-tippers would be bitching about the system and how it was better the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Yes, I know. You're a regular tough guy who'll use a bat to beat someone's face in for bringing you a cold pizza.

I'm sure this is not in anyway hyperbolic.
    bring my a cold pizza is one thing....spitting in my food is another. Its not hard to tell if your food has been messed with even more so when it comes in a BOX you can tell that has been opened.

It has nothing to do with being a tough guy...you fuck with my food it is your fault on what happens next whether that be you losing your job due to be reported many times or a bat to the face.

Also if my food comes to me cold I call them and damand another and guess what the guy spends more gas to come to me to give me my hot pizza.

To be clear not saying I would hit them with a bat I am just saying if that is the outcome that happens to them from someone they diserve it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-09-03 at 12:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

How nice of you to sacrifice more money into your wallet while servers sacrifice paying their bills, eating, and living in general.

So brave.
    Brave what in the fuck are you on about honestly you're annoying.

I tip decently always the drivers. I tip $2 generally for a bike ride that takes them no more than 4 minutes. How am I the bad person here?

Also is it my fault I make more money than they do? I put $2 extra in theirs.

bring my a cold pizza is one thing....spitting in my food is another. Its not hard to tell if your food has been messed with even more so when it comes in a BOX you can tell that has been opened.

It has nothing to do with being a tough guy...you fuck with my food it is your fault on what happens next whether that be you losing your job due to be reported many times or a bat to the face.

Also if my food comes to me cold I call them and damand another and guess what the guy spends more gas to come to me to give me my hot pizza.
    lol, no chance there. especially be .....it's a box....it's not sealed....and because it's a fucking pizza with toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This thread again.

It boils down to: If you live in the US, you should be aware that it's customary to tip, and stiffing your waiter isn't going to miraculously change to the system.
    It may not change the system but it leaves an extra $10 in my pocket.

My 2 cents- Its my money, if I feel like I have the extra money to tip then I will, but frankly I don't give a shit what they think of me I don't go out enough to worry if they will remember me and spit in my food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    A friend on my facebook just posted this (she is a waitress at our local Red Robin) and i feel somewhat conflicted about this statement.
    i'm going to go out on a limb here and say your if friend vented like that on facebook, then its not a wide stretch of the imagination to infer she acted like a bitch to her customers and got stiffed.

i dont tip based on the amount of cash in my pocket. i tip on what my service provider EARNS based on their service.

Incorrect. It is very difficult for you to tell if people have messed with your food. Your assumption otherwise is inconsequential.

I'm sure assault and battery for your suspicion of pizza tampering will end well for you, haha.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2013-09-03 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    no, there would just be a huge outcry from people bitching at how much their food prices went up especially from all the non-tippers because they would actually have to pay a lot more money than they used to before that.

Sorry to break the news but a $10 meal could easily rise to $15-20 if they paid servers $15 an hour, especially going from $2.13.

If that happened then the non-tippers would be bitching about the system and how it was better the other way.
    Exactly, everyone loses. I have to pay more, you come to the realization that $14/hour is actually less than $2.13+tips.
    It would just be a major loss to all

The box was already open, you know, to put the pizza in. Secondly, you are not going to notice if your food has been messed with, unless you find a fucking finger in it.

Right there you said you didn't tip on 4 different occasions. Did I misread that?
    Yes shitty waiter who was absolutely rude, slow, and gave attitude 1 penny.

Waiter who gave my friend attitude and was flirting with me, slow on everything and kept giving face to my friend. I didn't tip him anything, I got my regular waiter Tiffany and told her the deal and she took over my table. I tipped her $12 for a meal that was no more than $30

Didn't tip on two other occasions when given the wrong order told them politely and instead they gave me attitude and were rude about it.

I never went to the other three places again.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    lol, no chance there. especially be .....it's a box....it's not sealed....and because it's a fucking pizza with toppings.
    Once again not hard to tell if someone has fucked with it even more so when its the driver.

If they say it will take 10mins for him to get there but yet it took 15-20 you overlook the food see how warm it is and if its ice cold demand another and they will be forced to resend him out.

Like I said in the quote right after you replyed to it I am not saying that I would hit them with a bat but if that was the outcome they got from someone due to them spitting in there food then its diserved.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Link please. I've never seen someone convicted for felony spitting in food.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-drinks.html

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=839242

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    The box was already open, you know, to put the pizza in. Secondly, you are not going to notice if your food has been messed with, unless you find a fucking finger in it.
    ...How long it takes them to get there compared to how come they said it would take and how hot the pizza is when you open it.

If its slightly warm or cold its been open or has not been cooked therefor someone fucked with it.

Once again common sense I guess for some its a fucken super power.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    A friend on my facebook just posted this (she is a waitress at our local Red Robin) and i feel somewhat conflicted about this statement.

Back in the past (5 years back) i didn't have any real source of income except for the very limited hours of work that i had and with the minor bills i had, i had little money to spare. Still i'd like to go out to dinner when i could and sometimes i only had enough to pay the bill and not include a very good tip.

I feel like i can disagree with this statement because i feel like tipping shouldn't be mandatory, even for good service. I know a lot of food restaurants cut the waiters/waitresses pay in half and they have to make it up by tips but i feel like this should be a mandatory change in how they pay their employees.

What do you guys feel about this statement?

This is not the same thread as i have a different approach to tipping, i am not asking if tipping is required, i am asking in relation to that statement that if you only have enough money for dinner but not enough for tip, should you not go?
    I agree that we should get rid of tipping and instead pay waitresses a fair wage instead, but the way to go about that change is NOT to shortchange the servers that DEPEND on tip money to get by.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Brave what in the fuck are you on about honestly you're annoying.

I tip decently always the drivers. I tip $2 generally for a bike ride that takes them no more than 4 minutes. How am I the bad person here?

Also is it my fault I make more money than they do? I put $2 extra in theirs.
    I'm sorry, are you unable to keep tabs on all the arguments you're having? You're advocating that a non tip "movement" necessitates sacrifice. You're demanding this sacrifice from people who can afford it the least. I'm mocking you by calling you brave. I used it in a sarcastic manner.

Keep up.

I'm sorry, are you unable to keep tabs on all the arguments you're having? You're advocating that a non tip "movement" necessitates sacrifice. You're demanding this sacrifice from people who can afford it the least. I'm mocking you by calling you brave. I used it in a sarcastic manner.

Keep up.
    You need to back the fuck down and read man.

I didn't "demand"a non tip movement. I didn't say there needed to be a non tip movement. I actually said I didn't say there needed to be one a page or two back, did you not read that?

Also it's common fucking sense a movement like that would incur sacrifices.

I said a movement like that would have sacrifices it's common sense. How is this me demanding one, regardless of the fact I said there doesn't need to be a non-movement, it's a bloody hypothetical. Not a request, not a rally call, read what I say, don't read what I say and try to make up shit between lines that don't exist.

...How long it takes them to get there compared to how come they said it would take and how hot the pizza is when you open it.

If its slightly warm or cold its been open or has not been cooked therefor someone fucked with it.

Once again common sense I guess for some its a fucken super power.
    What.....? it takes literally less than 5 seconds to spit on some one's food. How in anyways is that going to delay the time it takes to get your pizza, or food?

It's a fucking pizza box, it's not sealed.

Why are you not getting this?