Tips for healing?

I'm curious to what you guys do to make sure you have the best output. I know each class has their own way of "padding" or making sure they get the best output, sometimes that requires using other abilities that complement each other.

Examples:

-Using UE before placing HR for the 30% buff
    -Before CH you RT the target that you're about to CH
    -To get best output of HS make sure to RT a target to cause TW
    -Make sure HR is down before using Ascendance

Those are only a few I know but I'd love to know what else people do. I'm not trying to make it how to heal thread but more of how to better your healing with these simple tricks.

edit: misunderstanding
    Last edited by snapfox; 2013-09-02 at 11:43 AM.

-To get best output of HS make sure RT is also on the target
    RT on target doesn't do anything for HS. But you want to have Tidal Waves buff up to have the increased critical strike chance for HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiran View Post
    RT on target doesn't do anything for HS. But you want to have Tidal Waves buff up to have the increased critical strike chance for HS.
    my apologies

riptide A target.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your doing LFR, and just raid healing, synch ele mastery? With healing tide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snapfox View Post
    -Make sure HR is down before using Ascendance
    edit: misunderstanding
    I find myself casting

RT
    Unleash
    Swiftness
    Ascendance
    Rain

The initial hit from the healing rain is quite nice and you're free to spam chain heal until unleash is off again

Macroing Spiritwalker's Grace with Ascendace is quite useful for not wasting the cooldown if you need to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiran View Post
    Macroing Spiritwalker's Grace with Ascendace is quite useful for not wasting the cooldown if you need to move.
    I 2nd this! It actually feels really weird when I don't have it macro'd.

Deleted
    I didn't have it macro'd for the longest time and then one day just kinda went... "oh so that's what I've been missing out on. Huh."

I haven't been reading up much on the PTR but does anyone know if the Resto T16 4 piece is complimented by Ascendence because I can imagine that'll be nuts.

When I played resto in BC, one of my favorite macros was a Swiftness -> GHW set to target the focus target but not actually switch your primary target. I don't know how many Brutallus wipes I saved with that macro, but my raid leaders rewarded me well. I haven't played for awhile so forgive me if this is wrong but it was something like this:

#showtooltip (Whatever you want, i just put Nature's Swiftness when it was still called that)
    /target focus (Set to MT obviously, or whoever is taking the brunt of the damage for the time)
    /cast Ancestral Swiftness
    /cast Greater Healing Wave
    /targetlasttarget

The last line is negligible, but I liked having it because most of the time I was busy healing someone else when I had to use this so it saved time to not have to find and re-target them. I'm sure for most of you macro fanatics out there could find a way to make this easier to use than just 1 focus target that you'd have to switch, but i'd figure i'd throw my 2 cents in as a fellow (past) jesus-beam thrower!

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkosaurus View Post
    #showtooltip (Whatever you want, i just put Nature's Swiftness when it was still called that)
    /cast Ancestral Swiftness
    /cast [target=focus] Greater Healing Wave
    That way its less messy with re-targeting. Id also add the lines /use 13 and /use 14 (also /use 10 for engineers) before the heal for on use trinkets that would affect the heal