View Poll Results: Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion?

Voters
564. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

387 68.62%
  • No

101 17.91%
  • I don't care

76 13.48%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd be okay either way. I don't think the performance in the Shrine on my previous computer was any better then the lag people had in Dalaran in Wrath at times, at least with loading into the city/Shrine. So if performance was a problem I don't see how seperating the 2 helped. Might as well do a cool city again then.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Can't say I have much care for the anti-Faction War sentiments; I want it to stay a part of the game just as much as others want it to go.

As to the matter of a neutral city vs 2 Faction cities again; I really don't mind. All I want however, is for them to make sure that people aren't able to glitch-gank, as has been so rife in the Shrines.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

I hated Shattrath, but really liked Dalaran, so I guess it depends on how its done, what it looks like etc.
    I've always felt that we don't need more cities as long as some of them are completely deserted, however. It would be cool if an upcoming expansion made Darnassus and, I dunno, Silvermoon into places to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    TBC added Shattrath, WotLK added Dalaran - since then we didn't get a neutral capital city.

Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion or do you rather have a Alliance/Horde only city?
    If it works.

Shattrath and Dalaran didn't because they were dominated by Alliance races; on the one hand you had Horde feeling left out, on the other you had an Alliance race and faction being forced into a neutral aspect that really doesn't fit. Both sites were also affacted by lag.

Ideally...you'd want a city populated, run, built by a totally neutral race and with lag issues addressed a bit more successfully. Maybe Virtual Realms could play a role here.

EJL

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Well, that's easy.. All "Sanctuaries" used to belong the alliance races... Alliance were the ones that wants horde there in the first place.
    And if history teach us anything, will be most likely another alliance hub, wanting horde to join em once more... yuck, filthy pig skins..
    You confuse gameplay with lore, you really shouldn't. Also Shattrath an Alliance hub? Since when?

How cool would it be if Orgrimmar became the new neutral city, then raging Horde fans can grin and bear the salt in that wound for a whole expansion.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

I don't really care to be honest. What I'd really like is to be able to choose my own city. I really don't understand why they've been so steadfast at wanting to lock us all in SW/Org for the last three years. I want an expansion where I can move to Ironforge.

Definitely

I really like sanctuaries.

I think variety is best. So considering we haven't had neutral cities for the past two expansions, then yes, bring on a neutral city.

Shrug. Neutral cities, faction cities like MoP, same thing. As long as they look cool who cares?

I would personally rather have 2 new cities, but if they end up like Shrine of Two Moons/Seven Stars, then no, just go with another Dalaran please.

Shattrath was possibly the best gathering city ever. I'd really love to see something similar again.
    “First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.”
    Mage | Monk | Druid | Warlock | Priest

I like how it is now having two separate cities. But if they had another neutral city, I would want it a little larger like Shattrath but with a lot less random NPC's standing around fighting and laughing.. Dalaran just felt too cramped imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Dalaran just felt too cramped imo.
    Actually that's why I liked Dalaran, it actually felt like there was life in the city.

I want an alliance only dalaran somewhere. Ontop of whatever sanctuary we get or whatever. WTB ALLIANCE ONLY DALARAN...Wouldn't be difficult.

Dalaran was brilliant too. Loved how people would glitch on top of the well near the bank so they could fly in Dalaran
    “First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.”
    Mage | Monk | Druid | Warlock | Priest

Basically I don't care if it is horde or alliance or neutral; I do want a full city though, also with a AH.

I think they missed a great opportunity to create some great cities on Pandaria.

I would rather see two new big main cities with AH and everything for each faction.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Yes! And let us talk to the other faction while we are there. Lore wise we have been fighting most things together since wc3. You think you would have learnt common/orcish after so long.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Yes! And let us talk to the other faction while we are there. Lore wise we have been fighting most things together since wc3. You think you would have learnt common/orcish after so long.
    Thats a gameplay reason, you want to reduce trash talk to the other team.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Thats a gameplay reason, you want to reduce trash talk to the other team.
    I mean just in the city. No where else.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard