Poll: Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion?

TBC added Shattrath, WotLK added Dalaran - since then we didn't get a neutral capital city.

Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion or do you rather have a Alliance/Horde only city?
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2013-09-02 at 07:41 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the neutral cities.

I hope they indeed bring them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they can make it big and cool like Dalaran, instead of big and crappy like Shattrath... sure.

I don't really mind the shrines, but they really aren't "cities..." They're just big buildings. And they don't even use the space inside them very well. They could have fit three or four more floors into the areas already in the shrines, but instead, we get this really simple layout. And then there are invisible walls everywhere; invisible walls by the big statue, invisible walls around the banker's platforms, invisible walls around that statue platform in the portal room... The shrines feel so stark and confined, even though they're supposedly quite large.

But I digress.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I personally think the neutral cities were great. Aside from the unbalanced factions where one faction would be spammed by yells of the other faction as their trade channels were too spammy to pug and sell things.

But it was nice, particularly during ToC where you could see members of the opposite faction in the same level gear as you but the different models.

If they can manage to make it so the majority of time players spend in the city is in their own faction's area, and the 2 areas are not near each other, yes.

Shatt and Dalaran were for the most part negatively received because on low end computers it became impossible to move around due to so many people. Stormwind/Org in Cata were better as people were split amongst a huge zone, and the shrines in pandaria were better because the lack of an auction house kept most people in storm/org or at halfhill for farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the neutral cities was a bad idea the first time around. Having the alliance and the horde side by side in the same city made it feel like they were on the same faction. The alliance and the horde are supposed to be at war, a feeling that is lost if you share the expansions main city.

You don't have my option. Only if it fits the story. I don't want a forced neutral city for the sake of it. I like Dal, but I'll be honest, the neutral city thing felt forced for the sake of gameplay. I like the shrines better on that front, it works perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, honestly, my dream expansion removes factions all together. PvP lore can just be skirmishes or practice or something.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still afk in Shattrath, so yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    You don't have my option. Only if it fits the story. I don't want a forced neutral city for the sake of it. I like Dal, but I'll be honest, the neutral city thing felt forced for the sake of gameplay. I like the shrines better on that front, it works perfect.
    Except all of the story lines prior to MoP pretty much HAD the Alliance and Horde teaming up to fight a bigger threat. There was no Horde/Alliance conflict in TBC at all. Other than the Wrathgate debacle, there was hardly any lore Alliance/Horde conflict in WotLK either. Even in Cataclysm, the whole thing was "band together to help stop Deathwing" in the end. Putting in a new city for Cataclysm just wouldn't have made much sense, as there would be no "central location" to plop it down.

I think Dalaran had the right idea with the Alliance/Horde districts set up.

Plus the Alliance's one was better.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    No. I want a city that is captured the same Halaa was.

No, there are still blood elves infesting Shattrath.

I honestly like neutral cities. It makes the server seem 'whole', rather than segregated. Frankly, the two almost identical shrines in the Vale were a bit pointless. They simply weren't distinctive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    TBC added Shattrath, WotLK added Dalaran - since then we didn't get a neutral capital city.

Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion or do you rather have a Alliance/Horde only city?
    For me personally I preferred Dalaran, which had separate quarters while still you would run into the opposite faction in the streets. Shatt was too mixed, and the complete separation in Cata and MoP feels a bit boring.

That being said, my guess is that we will have Kul Tiras as the Alliance capital and some Goblin city near Undermine/Kazaan as Horde city in the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Shatt was great, Dala wasn't bad either. The traditional capitals are boring now, even after some revamp.

Agreed. As the story progresses, the whole Horde vs. Alliance makes less and less sense. Factions only remain for pvp purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want a "lag capital."

No , crossrealm , realm pools and neutral city =laggfest

10+ Year Old Account
    People lagged in neutral cities?

Deleted
    i think we should all live in peace & harmony & should be allowed to roam any city at will.