Poll: is your lvl 90 Rogue your main?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No. I tried a Rogue several times before Cataclysm and always got bored. Then levelled one during Cata and really enjoyed it. Come MoP though, and once again I found it really dull - levelling 87-90 was painful and I ditched him as soon as he hit 90.

Have played my rogue as my main since vanilla and didn't start my first real alt until Wrath, and even now with all the alts I do have they seem to only be used for professions or a bank alt. Majority of my /played is on my rogue and it's a good number lol.

I do! Love my rogue more than any other toon. Hope the next expansion brings us back into the glory day!

My rogue was my "2nd main" during BC and early/mid Wrath, and my actual main during late Wrath and early Cataclysm.
    Since then, it's just an alt (and actually one of my least played ones). I've grown a little tired of the class, mostly due to lack of changes.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    Do you play your lvl 90 rogue as main or as twink? If you only have a low level rogue twink I would kindly ask you not to vote.

I ask this because I have a theory that most max level rogues play the class as main. I constantly see people complaining about rogues being OP or something along those lines (yeah yeah and many see how underpowered rogue was for so long in Mists). Those complaining people often roll rogue to join the OPness but then realize just how difficult it is to play a rogue well. Yes you can blow up a low geared player, but every class can do that.

As rogue, even to just be somewhat useful, just to do decent damage you have to study the class. You have to work harder for things that you can achieve with other classes by just jumping into pvp and give it a little try. With rogue you will fall flat on your nose this way.
    Yes to really master a class you have to put in a lot of effort with almost any class, but the point is, like written above, as a rogue you need to study it from the start.

I tried EVERY other class because after so many years I wanted to see if there is a class that I enjoy more. You have success quicker with every other class.

In the end this is also why so many people give up on rogue quickly even in patches when they ARE op. This might be one of the reasons why rogue is the least played class. You have to commit to be a rogue to get even small results.
    Such as you i have also tried every other class - i have all 11 classes leveled to 90 and geared in somewhat descent gear.
    And i have to state that when it comes to the rogue his rotation is not too complicated or too easy wich is ok but the DMG compared to dificulty is excelent.
    It is a class with a straight foward rotation wich you can perform with excelence without great efford and even minor mistakes will not result in a big diference in the end performance. Things like delay of a button hit with 1-2 seconds won't hurt you before you enter heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    And i have to state that when it comes to the rogue his rotation is not too complicated or too easy wich is ok but the DMG compared to dificulty is excelent.
    I agree but have to clarify that what I wrote was all based on PVP.

Deleted
    Started playing rogue in the european classic beta and never looked back. Been my main through every exp. and will continue to be so for as long as i play WoW. Long live the rogue!!

Edit: Forgot to add combat ftw! Been my main spec since classic aswell =)

My rogue is my main. As much as I like to play my warlock or my DK right now, my rogue is and will always be my main.

Did I take a break? Yes, I took my first REAL break from my rogue this tier (main-lined my warlock in a raid for a month or so). But then someone remembered I was a good rogue, and I went back to main-lining that.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Problem with rogues in mop is that they're horrible in pvp so that whole crowd is just gone and anytime a rogue gets a buff for pvp the masses come out and picket blizzard to nerf rogues again to the bottom. No other class is as hated as the rogue in pvp. Even the CnD buff they got made them competitive not god mode and yet it was still taken away.

The problem with rogues in pve this expansion is just the amount of gear it takes to pull decent numbers. Any other class freshly dinged 90 can do dailies with ease and get into LFRs and do ok but a new 90 rogue is absolutely horrible and ends up dying just trying to do dailies if they pull more than 1 mob. Rogues at the start of MoP were among the worst dps out there and it wasn't until ToT and rogues started gearing up (plus they got buffed) that they actually became the most dominate melee dps in pve.

So right now rogues are awesome at pve and aside from RoRo gimmicks (bye bye in 5.4 all you sad monks) have the strongest dps, best utility, and take the least damage in a raid. In pve rogues are down right amazing.

But pvp wise they're the worst class out there as well as the lowest represented class.

Also rogues are the hardest class to level up. Leveling from 1-85 isn't that bad but other classes do it better especially if they have a tank spec. But, leveling 85-90 as a rogue is beyond painful. Having to vanish or die if you ever pull more than 1-2 mobs and then having to bandage/eat after almost every pull. Even playing very defensively with using all your stuns rogues still take so much damage while leveling in that range so that actually puts a lot of people off is just how bad they are from 85-90 and then 90 until they start getting gear.

I've mained a rogue ever since I started raiding.

Yes, it is, because I don't want to play other classes as my main.

rogues been my main since eq was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rogue has been my main since vanilla until MoP. I made a Monk and never looked back.

I like questing/farming on my Rogue. 200+% movement speed when stealthed with Burst of Speed, Marked for Death and Glyph of Killing Spree combined make for a very durable character. But I wouldn't make it my main. Mostly because my hunter is my main and that's very unlikely to ever change, secondly because it's generally better to be ranged for PvE purposes. You end up having to deal with more mechanics most of the time, but at least you're very flexible when it comes to positioning.

Though if I end up making a melee my main, it's probably going to be my Rogue. They're very viable DPS wise, little to no competition for weapons and have awesome survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never have. In fact, i've raised it just to get feats of strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is my one and only 90.

Rogues may have several distinct drawbacks but they give you a unique gameplay no other class can imitate. And i like it.
    This is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is like Mutilate for days. So boring would never want to main one!

Rogue was my alt until now. I played a hunter/druid/DK when I pvped, but rogue is the only playstyle I've found that I like for PvE.

I would love to play my rogue but every expansion I consider shelving her because finding groups for a melee dps can be fucking pathetic. You also get no flexibility and if the group is full on melee or already has a rogue(10 man), you are SOL. Rogue is likely the one class even 10 man won't double up on, and I have raided with 2 hunters, 2 mages and 2 warlocks for progression in 10 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was my main for a while when I first started playing, but I changed mains when it was level 50. I have had a max level rogue during every expansion and it is probably my second or third most played character but I've never really mained it. I thought about maining rogue in MoP as I was kind of bored wit my mage and hunter, but I was very very disapointed with them on the beta so I decided not to.