Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient Delion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In This Oblivion.
    Posts
    299

    Angry State of Rogue vs. Others PvP

    OKAY DISCLAIMER:
    This is not a whine thread.
    I'm not in for any trolls or fools like that.(Excuse my french.)

    SO, Here is my story.
    I decided to dust off my rogue, from playing so much, to so little, cause they got drilled into the ground by Blizz their nerf bat.
    Sooooooo, the rogue buffs do absolutely nothing.
    All I'm seeing in 2s is me and my disc/holy priest(He's 2,3k and I'm 2.9k) getting my rectum widened by Unholy DK's and Retribution paladins.
    Also something my eye caught, was the ridiculous amount of increase in resto druids and resto shamans, cause they got buffed through the roof.
    Now I know 99% of the casters that will read this will Q.Q and say that I'm bad and I should l2p cause they get owned by double dps comps, which I don't play(As rogue).
    Now, atm I'm playing at 2.3k mmr and nothing is happening. We have won the following 10 games we have played by the BUFF The crowd chooses you.
    Why is this? That we still manage to get wins?
    Because skill > gear and sometimes even > Class balance.
    The only chance we've got for example against this resto shaman was when I opened on him in the start, and popping shadowblades and vendetta(I was assassi in this game) and try to do as much damage as possible.
    The other time, versing a holy pally(Completely forgot how retardedly they are) I was playing as sub, and didn't even get him past 60% with ALL my burst.
    Now one of these games, I was facing a retri and a disc.
    So I thought, okay can't be that bad.
    Sooooo the pally started backpedaling, and I thought to my self, okay nothing new here. So I opened, the guy started backpedaling whilst casting stuff on me, like he would tank a boss in PvE trying to kite its damage and pull it backwards.
    Now I have taken this pally down to 5k HP(Litterly) and he bubbled and got healed by his priest.
    Not to mention that this has happened about 20 times.
    Sooooo, after 15, long, dreadful, minutes we finally got the buff and I managed to kill him with 1 mutilate.

    If you think I'm done, I'm not.
    I'm coming to my second part of this.
    Warriors.
    Warriors seem to have COMPLETELY ignored the resi change, which will be even more stupid at 522 ilvl and such.
    I play a warrior aswell, and whist capping him I noticed the following:
    We're playing 5.0 again.
    Warriors can pretty much global anything, and don't seem to give a damn frown about doing so.

    Once again, not a rant, just stating my mind on the game atm.

    Sincerely yours,
    Delion.

    /discuss

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, the amount DODGE and PARRY retri pallies, DKs and WARRIORS have, IS INSANE.
    I have played against this retri pally, JUST now, and he has dodged EVERY SINGLE gouge I've tried to use on him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ALSO, Anyone that starts QQing that its post gear upgrade, you're just dumb.

    infracted: major trolling
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-09-25 at 03:08 AM.

  2. #2
    I feel like you are really under hit cap or something if a Retri Paladin is dodging so many of your attacks. In PvE gear I have 3% dodge at 535 ilevel, and PvP gear doesn't add anything to that.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Kegler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    777
    Wow, you have some bad luck with dodges. Most players i know pvp with their hit/expertise capped.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    Wow, you have some bad luck with dodges. Most players i know pvp with their hit/expertise capped.

    yeah like most pvp player will cap 20% parry that dk/war/retri has lol



    @op you're complaining like a little xxxxx,
    first of all you play 2s

    2nd healer+dps

    3rd we aren't 522 ilvl gear yet so the dmg is going to be loow

    and warriors actually do dmg, they can shit on you if they pop cds and u can't stop him/nor defensive cd.

    also mutilate is op as fk
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  5. #5
    WoW PVP wasn't, isn't and will never be balanced. More news at ten.

    Watched some Swifty stream yesterday because no one else was streaming and he was happy as one can get with his warrior and regularly checked mmo-champion for upcoming nerfs. So i think Warriors are a little bit overtuned at the moment yes.

  6. #6
    The Patient Delion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In This Oblivion.
    Posts
    299
    Matter of the fact, I have 3% as needed, hit.
    I am Expertise HARD CAPPED.
    Hit or expertise IS NOT a problem.
    I am not complaining, I'm just saying that the current state of the game is out of controll.
    Also I just face a dk resto shaman.
    The silly thing is is that SPIRIT LINK has the same CD as my burst, and with even outplaying the bajesus out of these idiots(Excuse my French) they manage to survive.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-09-24 at 03:35 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    I am Expertise HARD CAPPED.
    Hit or expertise IS NOT a problem.
    To clarify, Expertise is an opposed stat. You have to overcome your opponent's dodge or parry chance. You are not hard-capped on expertise. You can't get that much expertise (max being a dodge-reforged bear using SD - over 70%).

    I still don't PvP so I can't speak to the state of it.


    To your benefit, I'm going to edit the language of your posts. Cool off and stop using offensive language, please.

  8. #8
    That buff in arenas is just stupid OP. People abuse the hell out of it. Even though rogues got nothing but buffs this patch, everyone else was buffed to such a retarded level its like we got nerfed.

    I refuse to do arenas this season because of it. My disc priest buddy and I are trying to do 2's this season (we were 1915 last season) can barely break 1k. It's stupid.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  9. #9
    I've heard a lot about this new buff that lets you oneshot people, but i have to really understand its usefulness - to me it seems something thrown there to test if it works.

    For the rest, you're saying nothing new - our burst is ridiculous compared to other classes, we cannot kill healers (like many other classes tbh because of the "you cannot 1v1 an healer otherwise they're useless") and so on.

    As a side note - people cannot dodge/parry from behind, you cannot get dodge/parry if you're attacking from there. And you play 2.3mmr. Something doesn't sound correct. Anyway, i can agree things can be frustrating; i was on my tank warr on the new isle, when a feral jumped me; it took 6 of them to bring me down because i just kept blocking/absorb/stun/jump and sub 35% Second Wind is that great. I know for sure that the druid alone wouldn't have been able to kill me if it wasn't for the other people.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I've heard a lot about this new buff that lets you oneshot people, but i have to really understand its usefulness - to me it seems something thrown there to test if it works.
    Arenas aren't for testing stuff, PTR is. PVP is a complete mess right now, it changed the way how arena is played. You pop def cds even if they're not needed. You pop off cds without thinking, not for kill, just to bring someone to low hp and then turtle all day.

    For the rest, you're saying nothing new - our burst is ridiculous compared to other classes, we cannot kill healers (like many other classes tbh because of the "you cannot 1v1 an healer otherwise they're useless") and so on.
    And that's why you don't play healer/rogue in 2s, and in 3s you're there just for peels and cc.

    As a side note - people cannot dodge/parry from behind, you cannot get dodge/parry if you're attacking from there. And you play 2.3mmr. Something doesn't sound correct. Anyway, i can agree things can be frustrating; i was on my tank warr on the new isle, when a feral jumped me; it took 6 of them to bring me down because i just kept blocking/absorb/stun/jump and sub 35% Second Wind is that great. I know for sure that the druid alone wouldn't have been able to kill me if it wasn't for the other people.
    Aaaand.. no. You must face your target if you want to gouge him (you don't have space for Glyph of Gouge). Dodge, parry and similiar defs countering basic (and important) abilities by RNG have no place in PVP.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    sip.
    Protection Warrior. Secret word. Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Monk or God awful DK TANKS, can't be soloed by dps. That is no measure of the overpoweredness or not of a class. But I have a hard time believing it took 6 people to kill your Warrior. Hey if you are sitting around 540 item level prot gear maybe. But otherwise 2 dps can kill almost any tank, except Blood DK, they can't be killed by melee.

    And before calling for Warrior nerfs, we are at the start of the season. Nobody is really geared yet. Warriors scale horribly with gear. (Remember this is not pre cata warrior scaling), lets see how the season will look like when Ret Paladins, Death Knights, Rogues, Locks, Mages, Hunters. etc get decked out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Aaaand.. no. You must face your target if you want to gouge him (you don't have space for Glyph of Gouge). Dodge, parry and similiar defs countering basic (and important) abilities by RNG have no place in PVP.
    I totally agree. I'm fed up with Rogues dodging my Mortal Strikes, it's annoying when I can't get my Overpower stacks to spam. Lets be realistic. That parry rating exists because of the dodge ratings Agi users have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  12. #12
    The Patient Delion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In This Oblivion.
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I've heard a lot about this new buff that lets you oneshot people, but i have to really understand its usefulness - to me it seems something thrown there to test if it works.

    For the rest, you're saying nothing new - our burst is ridiculous compared to other classes, we cannot kill healers (like many other classes tbh because of the "you cannot 1v1 an healer otherwise they're useless") and so on.

    As a side note - people cannot dodge/parry from behind, you cannot get dodge/parry if you're attacking from there. And you play 2.3mmr. Something doesn't sound correct. Anyway, i can agree things can be frustrating; i was on my tank warr on the new isle, when a feral jumped me; it took 6 of them to bring me down because i just kept blocking/absorb/stun/jump and sub 35% Second Wind is that great. I know for sure that the druid alone wouldn't have been able to kill me if it wasn't for the other people.
    As mentioned, he was backpedal tanking me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Arenas aren't for testing stuff, PTR is. PVP is a complete mess right now, it changed the way how arena is played. You pop def cds even if they're not needed. You pop off cds without thinking, not for kill, just to bring someone to low hp and then turtle all day.


    And that's why you don't play healer/rogue in 2s, and in 3s you're there just for peels and cc.


    Aaaand.. no. You must face your target if you want to gouge him (you don't have space for Glyph of Gouge). Dodge, parry and similiar defs countering basic (and important) abilities by RNG have no place in PVP.
    And this^ It was about the gouging.

  13. #13
    Warriors damage is really much higher than rogues, I tried to kill a priest with full burst (Shadow Blades + Shadow Dance + Trinket) with a little help of a mage and we couldn't.

    And as a Subtlety rogue I couldn't kill a feral druid, their self-healers are OP, or at least better than rogues(recuperate is weak and useless right now).

    PvP right now is stupid for rogues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    That buff in arenas is just stupid OP. People abuse the hell out of it. Even though rogues got nothing but buffs this patch, everyone else was buffed to such a retarded level its like we got nerfed.

    I refuse to do arenas this season because of it. My disc priest buddy and I are trying to do 2's this season (we were 1915 last season) can barely break 1k. It's stupid.
    And this is what I'm talking about, I thought that I wasn't playing good, but then I noticed almost every rogue who is playing in this season agrees with me.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-09-24 at 02:39 PM.

  14. #14
    i did not saw any major changes in pvp sofar tbh. stuff still dies. ferals are still a free kill for me (if i open first ofc else its a bit tricky but still doable). the only thing that scares me are the damn dks and the stupid locks with 10 mils hp and op self healing...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by wangsta View Post
    i did not saw any major changes in pvp sofar tbh. stuff still dies. ferals are still a free kill for me (if i open first ofc else its a bit tricky but still doable). the only thing that scares me are the damn dks and the stupid locks with 10 mils hp and op self healing...
    Without CD's when you're playing 1v1 on arena they're hard to kill, at least bears with OP self-heals. Almost unkillable.

  16. #16
    there is no 1v1 usually. when im facin drood im goin for him first sap, blades, cheap, ambush, evis, marked for death, eviscerate, out of stealth, hemo, gouge/blind/vanish/shadow dance, etc. tho usually after the opener they are so low that i just finish em off with evasion or CR...

    but then again it all depends

  17. #17
    I remember someone posting that assassination rogue's are stupidly op in the ptr.All i can say is AHaha

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by wangsta View Post
    there is no 1v1 usually. when im facin drood im goin for him first sap, blades, cheap, ambush, evis, marked for death, eviscerate, out of stealth, hemo, gouge/blind/vanish/shadow dance, etc. tho usually after the opener they are so low that i just finish em off with evasion or CR...
    wait, what?! no SV for those two eviscs?! Oo and still talking about ferals being "free kills"?! are you kidding?! please, don't get me wrong, but i seriously doubt you playing pvp in MoP on a rogue.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    wait, what?! no SV for those two eviscs?! Oo and still talking about ferals being "free kills"?! are you kidding?! please, don't get me wrong, but i seriously doubt you playing pvp in MoP on a rogue.
    im playin pvp on rogue since vanilla(tho back then it was more like Thyr's Hand world pvp). second, i said it all depends. the opener i mentioned was if im playin double dps(wich i am) couse i want to take the most of prey on the weak, and with double dps usually by the time i get out of stealth the target is dead.otherwise i just replace the ambush with rupture.
    if u think im jokin i can fraps it and show u

  20. #20
    The Patient Delion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In This Oblivion.
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by wangsta View Post
    im playin pvp on rogue since vanilla(tho back then it was more like Thyr's Hand world pvp). second, i said it all depends. the opener i mentioned was if im playin double dps(wich i am) couse i want to take the most of prey on the weak, and with double dps usually by the time i get out of stealth the target is dead.otherwise i just replace the ambush with rupture.
    if u think im jokin i can fraps it and show u
    Playing with Prey with a mage is kinda dumb imo, cause deep..

    - - - Updated - - -

    AND IF IT ISNT ENOUGH:


    - - - Updated - - -

    Although SV is getting buffed, still a dumb change, this just forces more bleeds out of sub..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •