Poll: is your lvl 90 Rogue your main?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes, I main my rogue.

It's about the only class left in this game that I can actually stomach to play anymore.

Level him as first toon in cata, did some raids, realised how much it poops compared to monk gameplay. Rerolled tank.

Quote Originally Posted by kabrai View Post
    I would love to play my rogue but every expansion I consider shelving her because finding groups for a melee dps can be fucking pathetic. You also get no flexibility and if the group is full on melee or already has a rogue(10 man), you are SOL. Rogue is likely the one class even 10 man won't double up on, and I have raided with 2 hunters, 2 mages and 2 warlocks for progression in 10 man.
    I like that. Rogues are good enough to the point that every guild will use one if they have a good one (we do the best melee DPS except for a few cases where ferals/ww/enhance can beat us by fight mechanics). At the same time, rogues aren't so essential and so useful that we don't double up. 10man is bad enough with drops, it sucks having to compete with another rogue for weapons when you wait weeks to get a thunderforged one, anyways. It's bad enough competing with monks and druids for almost everything, mages and DKs for tier pieces (there's a LOT of mages and DKs), and monks, druids, shamans and hunters for trinkets/rings.

Quote Originally Posted by kabrai View Post
    Rogue is likely the one class even 10 man won't double up on, and I have raided with 2 hunters, 2 mages and 2 warlocks for progression in 10 man.
    well i have raided 10 man with 2 rogues as melee dps and it went perfect ^_^
    to be honest i think if you want 2 melee dps in your raid time 2 rogues would be almost ideal

No; for the simple reason that Ret Paladins are in a far better state at the moment in terms of self-sustainability and burst DPS. If/when they revamp Rogues (hopefully the beginning of the next expansion), then I may well reconsider.

i will have to politely disagree, rogues have one of the best survival toolkit in the game at the moment with cloak, feint, evasion to name a few.
    maybe paladin burst is higher (i do not know for sure) but from what i read/hear/know rogues have the best sustained dps of all the melee (again at the moment)

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    i will have to politely disagree, rogues have one of the best survival toolkit in the game at the moment with cloak, feint, evasion to name a few.
    maybe paladin burst is higher (i do not know for sure) but from what i read/hear/know rogues have the best sustained dps of all the melee (again at the moment)
    You're talking PvE, he's talking PvP. Sustained DPS means NOTHING as a melee in PvP, only class it makes a diferrence on is a warlock for chain-dotting multiple targets. You have to be able to burst while you're on the target as a melee and rogues don't have particularly high burst. As for survival, paladins have a lot of mechanics that help them stay on targets, self-heal, damage from range and, of course, have bubble for immunity. Smoke bomb is outrageously powerful and good rogues will always be great in PvP as long as smoke bomb's target disruption stays in effect (shadowdance with smoke bomb down is killer), but it's not enough to make the class be particularly strong overall.

Deleted
    I use my rogue exclusively for mining. I find stealth and vanish to be infinitely useful when mining caves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    You're talking PvE, he's talking PvP. Sustained DPS means NOTHING as a melee in PvP, only class it makes a diferrence on is a warlock for chain-dotting multiple targets. You have to be able to burst while you're on the target as a melee and rogues don't have particularly high burst. As for survival, paladins have a lot of mechanics that help them stay on targets, self-heal, damage from range and, of course, have bubble for immunity. Smoke bomb is outrageously powerful and good rogues will always be great in PvP as long as smoke bomb's target disruption stays in effect (shadowdance with smoke bomb down is killer), but it's not enough to make the class be particularly strong overall.
    yeah that would explain :P
    i am the first to admit i do not know a whole lot about pvp because i do not really pvp myself

I guess I should have added a third option "I don't play my rogue anymore"

10+ Year Old Account
    At this moment, I main a Rogue. I played a Ret/Holy Pally ever since I joined this game back in Wrath. When I found my new guild, and they told me that I needed to change to a DPS role in the raid, and at the time Rets were horrible, and Rogues were coming up so I swapped to my Rogue and have loved it ever since. Thing is, I hate playing Combat, and Combat seems to be the spec for next tier with so many cleave fights that I am thinking about going back to my Paladin as soon as he is geared. Just a waiting game till patch release!

Always mained my rogue. with 5.2 i rerolled a tank warrior to help the guild, but returning full time on the rogue for 5.4
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I solely play my rogue for grinding ravenholdt rep for the insane achievement and as my farm char (mining+ skinning) i honestly hate the gameplay of the rogue, although i can see why it is appealing to some, i find it has major design flaws. everytime i hit an unavoidable "energyhole" i curse the gameplay once more. as a caster i am used to the rule: ABC (always be casting) and each time i have a free GCD i CAN'T USE because of missing energy, i hate on the classdesign a bit more.

i would LOVE a revamp of the rogue, because i like the idea of the class. (i played my druid as feral for the enterity of wotlk and cata, but with tigers fury, you can actively avoid energyholes...) but as it is, i wont promote it to anything else but "farmtwink"

Deleted
    Had a Rogue and Priest since late Classic. Switched mains between the two alot up to the end of TBC. Since wrath my rogue has been my only main though My priest is always ~10-15 ilvls behind my rogue which is nice.

Always has been and always will be an alt.

Yes, but I plan to swap to WW monk next expansion, provided there aren't some nice changes to make it more fun (and IMO, simply making combat better for PvE isn't a valid approach, we need some decent changes). It's just night and day, and monks insane mobility is very appealing. Stealth has next to no value in raiding, unfortunately.

I've mained my rogue since mid BC. Despite the repetitive nature and few changes the class receives I still enjoy my rogue. No other class can pull off the antics a rogue can in stealth and i'm in love with that aspect <3~

I've been playing only my rogue since TBC and will continue to do so until the end of WoW. I enjoy the agile stealthy swordfighter aspect way to much to give it up and druids just do not do it for me. I'm just not a person that rolls multiple characters in games, i can never get them over 40. Questing and doing dailies as a rogue is also super convenient since you can just kill the mobs you need and stealth around the rest. Not to mention all that speed on foot, no need to mount up all the time. Combat has some pretty insane burst/AOE too when the Cd's are up, which is great for soloing stuff. I do lots of stuff solo, and the stealth antics and trickery you can have with people or mobs is just too fun.

The advantage to having played it for so long, you learn all the little tricks that newer players don't really pick up on until they have played it for awhile. I enjoy when people ask me how I do so much dps on my rogue because they have trouble doing it themselves. I honestly enjoy my rogue a lot, that being said though its a class that needs work. Next to our stuns getting gutted in favor of more survivability moves(pvp), the class really hasn't changed much over the years. Where most other classes have had complete overhauls in how they play by now.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-09-03 at 05:49 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Not since early MoP, unfortunately. My rogue gets all of my attention outside raid and raid-prep, but I "main" my warlock. We had too many melee, not enough ranged, I had this warlock...

Post-revamp warlocks are a ton of fun too, although I can't get away from viewing my rogue as my main in a lot of ways. More importantly, in T14, warlocks were crazy OP ranged, and rogues were not.

I probably know rogue mechanics in more depth than warlock mechanics to this day, because I really want it to be more fun than I currently find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Not since early MoP, unfortunately. My rogue gets all of my attention outside raid and raid-prep, but I "main" my warlock. We had too many melee, not enough ranged, I had this warlock...
    Roll a ranged, they said. It'll be fun, they said.