View Poll Results: Do you want them to do this?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

45 60.00%
  • They'll never do this!

11 14.67%
  • No! I don't want that!

19 25.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    How the hell would this even work? My main is honored with the bloodsail while some of my alts are 0/36000 hated with them..
    I assume that's the reason why it is not ingame yet. Although reputation had a greater influence in vanilla/bc/wotlk (remember Gelkis/Magram), much of this has been removed from the game. Yet there are enough reputations ingame that have influence on how NPCs react - partially mutually exclusive - (for example Steamwheedle, Scryer/aldor, Oracle/wolvar), so making them account-wide is not as easy as it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    How the hell would this even work? My main is honored with the bloodsail while some of my alts are 0/36000 hated with them..
    Every character would be Neutral or better with them and you can toggle your Hated rep with them with the "At War" button.

Definitely want account-wide reputation.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

At the very least, they need to make the "XX Exalted Reputations" achievement progress be counted account wide. My main prior to MoP has 52 exalted reputations, but none of the Pandaria reps exalted (and my current main has all Pandaria reps at exalted), and it will not count that as progress towards the 55/60 exalted reputation achievements.

I can deal with not having the actual reputation be account wide (although I don't see why it shouldn't be for previous expansion reps), but not having progress to the achievement count account wide when things like raid meta achievements, pvp kill count achievments, etc are is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by doompony View Post
    stuff
    I understand that full well. As someone who mained a pally for my first couple of years and got burned out on, it was hard to make the switch. I lamented over the loss of my hard work, but I liked my priest enough to do it and never regretted it. At some point, sacrifices do need to be made, else we'll eventually snowball into mega-chatacters.

I'm not saying I oppose rep merging. I just wonder when enough is going to be enough. I feel your pain, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rep is the only thing preventing me from completely separating the ties with my old main >.< Got like 60+ exalted factions on that character and need to keep it for the reputation achievements/ any future "become exalted with ## amount of factions" achievements I just want to delete it lol :S

They did it with mounts/ titles/ achievements/ pets so i'm hoping they follow through competently so i can play the class i love :P At the start of MOP i played a monk and loved it however never felt i could do things like tillers on that character as i would need to regrind them on that rep hoarder character >.<
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-09-02 at 03:21 PM.

Yes please. Grinding old useless rep is a pain in the ass. Can't believe I did all the TBC reps TWICE.
    Hi Sephurik

players wanting things to be easier and more convenient. well every time blizzard gives these people what they want, the game loses a little more of its magic. in return, many veteran players give up and quit the game. blizzard wants to cater to new players and ultra casuals. they say that if they hadn't have done this, that they would have lost even more subscriptions. this is complete bullshit though, because one of the main reasons behind them losing so many people in the last 3 years, has been because of the changes made by the devs.

While it may be nice, I don't think it is necessary. So long as Blizzard learned their lesson and do not make gear gated behind reputation requirements for the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I should be done at this point of the game with 4 expansions. Why should we have to regrind old reps we are already exalted with for transmog and tabards etc?
    I can see what you mean when it comes to tabards, as some of the TBC ones look pretty decent. However, an easy fix to that is simply lowering the faction requirement to buy them, instead of building a whole system around making factions account-wide.

As for transmog? I don't remember the factions having a ton of transmog items. There's maybe a few that actually look good, so you don't exactly ''have to'' regrind all the old factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    As an altoholic, I doubt I will ever be "beloved" unless they implement this :/
    I'm an altoholic, yet I still have the ''beloved''. If you'd actually want that title, I'm sure you'd be able to at least get those 60 factions on one char.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    At the very least, they need to make the "XX Exalted Reputations" achievement progress be counted account wide. My main prior to MoP has 52 exalted reputations, but none of the Pandaria reps exalted (and my current main has all Pandaria reps at exalted), and it will not count that as progress towards the 55/60 exalted reputation achievements.

I can deal with not having the actual reputation be account wide (although I don't see why it shouldn't be for previous expansion reps), but not having progress to the achievement count account wide when things like raid meta achievements, pvp kill count achievments, etc are is ridiculous.
    So why not just get the MoP factions on your old main? You've got all of them on exalted on another char, meaning you have all the commendations to double the rep, which should speed up the process. Heck, you could even farm Zandalari Warbringers/Warscout for a bit and use the tokens that grant 1k rep with a specific MoP faction (before rep buffs)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    players wanting things to be easier and more convenient. well every time blizzard gives these people what they want, the game loses a little more of its magic. in return, many veteran players give up and quit the game. blizzard wants to cater to new players and ultra casuals. they say that if they hadn't have done this, that they would have lost even more subscriptions. this is complete bullshit though, because one of the main reasons behind them losing so many people in the last 3 years, has been because of the changes made by the devs.
    Yes... Panda Monk, new to the world, travels to Outlands and oh shit, these people love my furry ass! That's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many catch up mechanics.

have a friend on a dead server
    have friend invite you over
    kill warbringers
    send insignias to alts
    drop guild standard
    gain glorious rep

its like people have given up on being smart