Headphone problem (static, hissing sound.. oh so annoying)!

Hey! First of I just want to say that I did search around the internets and found nothing that could help me, so I'm trying here!

I just bought a new headset (Razer Carcharias). It has the two standard connectorwires (audio and voice) and a USB to give power. The problem is, that instantly when I connect it into my frontinputs, I get a constant static noise roaming around. The sound also gets stronger if I scroll down, open new tabs etc.

Have anyone had the same problem, and know how to fix it? I really enjoy the headset, the sound is good, but the hissing sound is the stuff that almost makes me go back to the store and return it

Edit: My old headset did not make this sound, and was plugged into the frontpanel. This was a koss headset. Also, I have tried plugging it in the backpanel.
    Last edited by danei; 2013-09-02 at 01:05 PM.

dont use your front panel but backpanel of MB, often you have that kind sound cause electromagnetic interferences especially when cables crossover and touch(like sound and utp cable) and when you have onboard audio and not dedicated sound card..so first try using back panel if it doesnt work then its bad onboard audio
    Last edited by Ianus; 2013-09-02 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    dont use your front panel but backpanel of MB often u have that kind sound cause electromagnetic interferences especially when you have onboard audio and not dedicated sound card..so first try using back panel if it doesnt work then its bad onboard audio
    I have already tried to plug it in my backpanel, and I have the same problem there as well. My bad, I should have mentioned. So there's nothing that can help me, other then opening up my PC and mess with the wires? (I'm not doing that, I don't have that much knowledge and dont want to ruin the thing :P)

Deleted
    if you have it, it's often impossible to get rid of it other than buying a dedicated soundcard, i used to have it with my onboard as well, then i bought a new headset & decided to get a new cheap soundcard as well just for the headphone amp on it, and the hissing went away.
    you can just get like a cheap asus sonar DG (20$?), i'm pretty confident it'll end it.

Well lets just start from the beginning here, you bought a Razer product.. There is the problem. Return them and get something decent.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Nosty View Post
    if you have it, it's often impossible to get rid of it other than buying a dedicated soundcard, i used to have it with my onboard as well, then i bought a new headset & decided to get a new cheap soundcard as well just for the headphone amp on it, and the hissing went away.
    you can just get like a cheap asus sonar DG (20$?), i'm pretty confident it'll end it.
    Alright, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Well lets just start from the beginning here, you bought a Razer product.. There is the problem. Return them and get something decent.
    Thank you. This helped me a lot. You are one smart dude!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some headsets use an amplifier which produces the ambient static (this is most noticeable when idle, ex. no sounds). Do you hear the static when you are listening to music or gaming? If you do then the headset is defective or bad quality.

I used to own a headset with a staticy noise which was a 3.5mm jack and the USB to give it power. Did some searches and for the specific headset I bought people recommended plugging the USB into a cellphone charger adapter, the wall adapter with a USB socket.

Plugging it into that made the noise go away for me. Again tho this was a different headset. So may not work for you. If you got one and your PC is near a socket may want to try it out and see if that fixes it, if it still does it, it may just be defected