Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Malfurion is not an Alliance badass. He was never part of the Alliance, and never will be as he puts nature and druids above even the night elves. He doesn't give a damn about the Alliance. And Illidan rejoining the Alliance? Again, he was never part of the Alliance. Neither Stormrage brother has ever been part of the Alliance.

And in response to the person talking about the Alliance races being mundane and generic: I agree. Humans, elves, dwarves, and gnomes are in every fantasy setting ever, and always follow the same stereotypes. The only Alliance races that aren't mundane and generic are the draenei and worgen (pandaren don't count as they are with both sides), and are completely sidelined and abandoned.
    On the other hand, orcs, goblins, undead, trolls and minotaurs (and elves, but those are covered with the alliance) are generic fantasy tropes, but none of them really follow the stereotypes. The orcs started out that way, but then they decided to get away from the bloodthirsty savages stereotype for orcs. Why didn't they do the same with the Alliance races? Because those races are boring and cliche compared to those that make up the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    We have.. Jaina..

Maybe.. (fuckin indecisive girl)
    She's very decisive these days. The problem is that she's also extremely unstable.

As for actualfactual badasses, we've got Varian, Muradin, Sky Admiral Rogers, Crowley, and even Moira (in a noncombatant sort of way), much to my surprise. The next step is to give the ones who aren't Varian some more screen time so they can show off their badass cred.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta
    And in response to the person talking about the Alliance races being mundane and generic: I agree. Humans, elves, dwarves, and gnomes are in every fantasy setting ever, and always follow the same stereotypes.
    The gnomes are generic? I don't remember many fantasy settings where the gnomes are bobbleheaded, binary-literate, base-eight steampunk/clockpunk technogeniuses other than maybe Warhammer, which Warcraft took more than a few cues from in WC1 and 2 (mostly because Warcraft was a Warhammer product before the license fell through).
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-09-02 at 05:02 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Amber Kearnen was pretty fucking bad ass from my admittedly limited interactions with her. Same with Rogers. And it's funny how people bitched about how passive and weak and all Thrall's bitch Jaina seemed pre-MoP, and now that her killswitch has been engaged, people now bitch about how crazy she is. She's still bad ass, so fuck you.

King Chin is badass. Genn is badass. Velen is not to be fucked with. Tyrande was bad ass before the current writers turned her into a fucking moron, but still has potential to re-up her still already considerable badass quotient. Shandris- badass. Gelbin- badass. Veressa-badass. The Dwarves as a whole are badass, inherent to the fact that they are Dwarves, and thus, can't be anything but badass. It's in the manual; look it up.

The Alliance don't need more badasses. What they do need, is much much more more (double emphasis on much, and more) Alliance character development for the many badasses they currently hold in their stable. Beyond Super Saiyan Chin and his son Sue, you have an entire first round draft class of badasses.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2013-09-02 at 05:08 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    Guys the alliance are laying siege to Org

BLIZZ LOVES DAH HORDE.

But the alliance are literally going into your main ci-

TEH HORDE

Calm down Metzen.

Bring illidan back.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Guys the alliance are laying siege to Org

BLIZZ LOVES DAH HORDE.

But the alliance are literally going into your main ci-

TEH HORDE

Calm down Metzen.
    We've been through this 10000 times, we go into the Horde's city, coming off a patch told entirely through the Horde's eyes, and help them get there city back, then leave letting them keep the zones that Garrosh and his horde took from Alliance hands.

I don't know about you, but Gelbin Mekkatorque is pretty badass.

The OP is completely right though, Varian should have been this but they butchered his character to be a polar opposite to crazy Jaina.

We need a character who can run into a room with 20 enemies and come out the other side looking for more.

Deleted
    how much more are you alliance going to whine about this omg. except the fact, stfu or reroll horde, simple. stop this endless teenage whining, shape the fk up

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Bring illidan back.
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by az2d View Post
    how much more are you alliance going to whine about this omg. except the fact, stfu or reroll horde, simple. stop this endless teenage whining, shape the fk up
    The irony of making this post whilst mocking other people's age and maturity surely can't be lost on you.

Isn't Varian supposed to be H-Core, with the spirit of Goldrinn? Or did he get Mary Sue'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Isn't Varian supposed to be H-Core, with the spirit of Goldrinn? Or did he get Mary Sue'd?
    He got turned from a somewhat relatable leader who hated the horde but had genuine reason for it after being fucked over throughout his life, to a Mary Sue who for some reason seems to be attempting to emulate his son and take his ideals and opinions, rather than teaching him his.

Mainly done to make him the opposite to Jaina

What if Turyalon and Alleria were to come back? They would be big figures if introduced into WoW. Future is bright for the Alliance; Alliance players just need to stop being so insecure when it comes to lore; you're going to storm Orgrimmar and kill the Warchief in 5.4! You just can't win with some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    It's fucking urgent. I enjoy the story and progression in lore in the game maybe more than anything. And as a 5 year long devoted Alliance player, I gotta say that it's time we got a TRUE badass Alliance character.

When Cata started, I had this delusion that Darius Crowley (remember him?) was going to be this long awaited kick ass mofo. First of all he was a worgen with an eye patch, which automatically opens a door for him, and second of all, the NAME. I just think it's such a badass name.

But seriously, with all the Horde favoritism going on right now, and let's not kid ourselves, Blizz PREFER Horde, the Alliance need now more than ever a character to be proud of and get behind. I think our best bet right now is that Varian is going to turn around and become a FUCKING SLAYER, but since Wrath I have been waiting for the moment that put him on top of the food chain. It never came.

SO PLEASE BLIZZARD, in 5.4, in 5.5, in the next expansion, ANY TIME SOON, just for once look at the Alliance as equal to Horde from an Alliance player's point of view. Add a badass Alliance character and show us that you care about us too.
    Miiiistah Croowley..(DUN dun dunn)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, can't have Alliance "awesomeness" because that would detract from the enjoyment of the Horde experience.

Get over it already. The devs don't care and have openly stated that they find writing for the Alliance boring. And it shows in game.

So you have two choices. Either put your money where your mouth is and unsub like I did, or just accept the fact that you play the shitty, stupid faction that everyone ridicules. Arguing or providing suggestions is useless, as the devs, just like on these forums, will continually starwman you with "hurrdurr, Alliance just want to obliterate Ogr and eradicate all the orcs".
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-09-02 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Sorry, can't have Alliance "awesomeness" because that would detract from the enjoyment of the Horde experience.

Get over it already. The devs don't care and have openly stated that they find writing for the Alliance boring. And it shows in game.

So you have two choices. Either put your money where your mouth is and unsub like I did, or just accept the fact that you play the shitty, stupid faction that everyone ridicules. Arguing or providing suggestions is useless, as the devs, just like on these forums, will continually starwman you with "hurrdurr, Alliance just want to obliterate Ogr and eradicate all the orcs".

But But But But....We got two cool titles :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    It's fucking urgent. I enjoy the story and progression in lore in the game maybe more than anything. And as a 5 year long devoted Alliance player, I gotta say that it's time we got a TRUE badass Alliance character.
    [...]
    Add a badass Alliance character and show us that you care about us too.
    Only one man can do that: Turalyon, the Supreme Commander of the Alliance, the heir of Sir Lothar!

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Crowley [...] runs away when the forsaken capture his daughter and threaten to kill her if his forces don't exit Silverpine. Not sure why Lorna was never turned into a worgen. They just ruined what could have been a good character.
    I have a theory that explains it...

Maybe Lorna said something to her father, something for which Crowley did not want to risk his daughter nor turn her into a worgen yet ... Lorna was pregnant! pregnant by Liam, the Prince of Gilneas! Lorna was carrying the heir to the kingdom of Gilneas!

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    It's not favoritism in terms of number of cool characters, it's favoritism in term of how the story is told : through the eyes of the Horde.
    You sir, have hit the jackpot!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The fact that [Garithos] is dead kind of gets in the way.
    But his son is still alive ... or maybe not ... Blizzard's ways are inscrutable ...

Quote Originally Posted by Catersu View Post
    Jaina is quite badass. Too bad she went full retard with this Dalaran thing. But she will calm down when Garrosh is dead and return to her badassness.
    The "Dalaran thing" is the best thing that ever happened to the Alliance since years!

For a positive thing that happens to the Alliance, everyone criticizes it; I do not understand.
    Is it that it is wrong to kill members of the Horde? Of course that not! And with more reason if their are in a city of the Alliance as important as Dalaran!

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    He got Mary Sue'd.

Plus a lot of people hate him because he's High King.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He got Mary Sue'd.

Plus a lot of people hate him because he's High King.
    I'd say people hate him more because Blizz flipped his character.

It's like Blizzard can only write 2 characters these days

"Infallible Mary Sue who is 100% lawful good"

"Crazy turning evil"